• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Watevaman

To clarify, while it's too early to say what languages will be included (though if Metro 2033 is any indication, it'll be multi-language), what the RU registry listing does make clear is that you'll need to use an Eastern European VPN to even run the game:

Yeah I saw that so I guess I'll wait until it drops in price a bit in a Steam sale.

MNC

Guys.

Seriously.

Zeno Clash unlocks in 2 hours and I'd like a two pack with a US people person thing. Anybody still going? :/

Popup ads and being notorious for screwing up your PC a bit in terms of compatability with the official xbox drivers.

But yes, all things considered it works a treat and I use it for all my PC controller gaming.

Thank you for the tip. I'll try emulating the controller and then opening Xpadder and retry mapping keys.

FYC

Banned
Midweek Madness: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - $10(-75%)

Dirt Franchise -66%

Daily: Lone Survivor - $2.49(-75%)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Lone Survivor's pretty much a no-brainer at $2.50, though there is plans for a director's cut coming to PC along with the PS3/Vita version and he hasn't confirmed if it will be a standalone or a title update.

Rapstah

An official Minerva release would be the first thing Half-Life "Valve" (I'm guessing it's actually the guy who made it that's pushing but let's call him Valve) releases since they patched the engine of the base game and Episode 1 up to Episode 2 standards with dynamic shadows and stuff in 2008, right?

HoosTrax

I still don't quite understand what caused Codies to decide to make a Flatout 2 clone with some bits of Gymkhana thrown in for kicks. I just felt very meh about the whole experience after I finished Showdown (don't look at me like that -- the game has achievements). One edge that Codies games have is the licensed, real-world cars, which fell by the wayside in all but the Gymkhana modes.

Hope they get back on the right track with GRID 2 (yes I know, cockpit view -- I never used it anyway, so I don't care)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sarcasm wooooooosh

Sarcasm doesn't work if the two things juxtapose. Dirt 3 is a worthwhile game. It has content worth experiencing. The multiplayer with friends is quite delightful. The shit aspects are easily overlooked.

Hope they get back on the right track with GRID 2 (yes I know, cockpit view -- I never used it anyway, so I don't care)

Cockpit is awesome in the Dirt games. I'd say most of my play time in 3 was in the cockpit.

Has anyone beaten and enjoyed Grimrock? I need some motivation to keep going with it. I may be missing the appeal of it, but I willing to look for it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Codemasters is like that tattoo artist friend you have that offers to tattoo you for free. It isn't until you're handed a mirror that you realize you have a giant skeletal dick shooting Nicolas Cage in Ghost Rider flaming skulls sprawled across your back.

In this case Dirt Showdown is that skeletal dick tattoo.

nexen

Dirt Showdown is the only one that doesn't run @60hz maxed out on my gaming rig. It doesn't look better than Dirt 3, why is it so much slower?

Also Dirt 3 is a great little game. The only reason people are harsh on it is because Dirt 2 is so much better.

cicero

Codemasters is like that tattoo artist friend you have that offers to tattoo you for free. It isn't until you're handed a mirror that you realize you have a giant skeletal dick shooting Nicolas Cage in Ghost Rider flaming skulls sprawled across your back.

In this case Dirt Showdown is that skeletal dick tattoo.

Maybe some of us are looking for trendily bad ironic back tattoos like that though. Or maybe we now just wonder about the true origins of this Nick Cage, seeing how humans have no baculum. So what kind of furious otherworldly and undying cudgel is Cage hellbent on crushing evil with?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dirt Showdown is the only one that doesn't run @60hz maxed out on my gaming rig. It doesn't look better than Dirt 3, why is it so much slower?

Also Dirt 3 is a great little game. The only reason people are harsh on it is because Dirt 2 is so much better.

ATI optimized settings like Global Illumination, most likely. If you use the exact same settings that got you 60 in D3, you should get 60 in Showdown.

nexen

ATI optimized settings like Global Illumination, most likely. If you use the exact same settings that got you 60 in D3, you should get 60 in Showdown.

I have an ATI chip and I just cranked everything up all the way on both titles. I'll look again to see if anything in DS goes above D3's setting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
micro-machines-1-03.png

smooth joel needs to RETURN

wild em⧗l⧗o

hey, worms reloaded is pretty good.

I haven't played it. I bought it solely out of fear that the Worms Armageddon pre-purchase incentive would be another Rayman 2 situation (a game to never be available on Steam separately -- just as well I did pre-purchase Origins).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom