• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I hear the name Minerva and instantly think of this:

estracto-de-limon-minerva-x-500.jpg

Dat lemon juice, so tasty.

Strike Suit Zero worth picking up at full price... or should I wait to get Zero and Infinity during the summer sale? Really want to play a good action mech game.

I picked it up at release to support the developers, but other than that, you might as well wait for a sale.

Mech action was a relatively small part of the game, imo. It was more of a space shooter.

Zia

I am having so much fun with Vice City now that I've adjusted the keybindings and figured out how to get the mouse working properly (gave up on using the controller). I was playing tonight, weaving a motorcycle in and out of cars to avoid the police while listening to "Broken Wings" in the rain, when it occurred to me: because I used a dollar of my Steam Wallet balance obtained by selling crates earned while playing some of my favorite games, VC cost me a couple quarters more than a download of "Broken Wings" on iTunes. We are sooooooo spoiled.

Sajjaja

If anyone is willing, I have a Humble Bundle code for Super Meat Boy, Braid and Lone Survivor. I have SMB and Braid already, but I want Lone Survivor. I'd activate it, but I feel it would be a waste of the code. So if anyone is willing to buy me Lone Survivor (on sale for $2.49 as Daily), I'd give them this code in exchange.

Lol, I was talking about ragnarok online 2 which will be released tomorrow

I've never really played a MMORPG. This is mostly me still being salty about Ultima Online existing and not being single player and then not wanting to pay a subscription to game.

For something that is f2p? I might give it a go. The problem I tend to have is you download the game client and think you are ready to dive in. But then it fires up and wants to download another 400GB before you get to enter the game. That is of course, after signing up to about 10 different account services. At this point I give up and uninstall the client to return to a more regular game.

So the question becomes, is this likely to have that issue being on steam? Given it doesn't, what would make Ragarok online 2 the place to be for f2p grinding goodness?

sibarraz

Banned
I really don't know, I hadn't even played the original (Even though I recall that it was HUGE when I was in school) but I want to play a free 2 play mmo just to see how much you could enjoy it without paying for int, and with the benefit of the doubt since at least the game is a famous brand for the genre, at least here)

A funny story, I recall that RO had commercials on my local TV announcing that latin america will open their official servers. not only it was weird to see a commercial for videogames in my country, but also for the fact that the selling point of the ad was that RO wasn't a ''girly game'' but rather, a game where you could talk and hang out with actual girls

Talking about giving gamers a bad stereotype

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I am having so much fun with Vice City now that I've adjusted the keybindings and figured out how to get the mouse working properly (gave up on using the controller). I was playing tonight, weaving a motorcycle in and out of cars to avoid the police while listening to "Broken Wings" in the rain, when it occurred to me: because I used a dollar of my Steam Wallet balance obtained by selling crates earned while playing some of my favorite games, VC cost me a couple quarters more than a download of "Broken Wings" on iTunes. We are sooooooo spoiled.
Nothing beats listening to "Four little diamonds" on Flash FM while driving a Comet at night under a raging storm.

13 hours until Fez! (you know, if I end up not liking this I'll be a very sad panda)

Sajjaja

If anyone is willing, I have a Humble Bundle code for Super Meat Boy, Braid and Lone Survivor. I have SMB and Braid already, but I want Lone Survivor. I'd activate it, but I feel it would be a waste of the code. So if anyone is willing to buy me Lone Survivor (on sale for $2.49 as Daily), I'd give them this code in exchange.

Quote for new page. Send a PM if interested.

EDIT: Done! Thanks STAB-Gatekeeper.

Pandemic

Has anyone played Prison Architect? It looks pretty enjoyable and was hoping to get some feedback on whether it's worth the $30.

Has anyone played Prison Architect? It looks pretty enjoyable and was hoping to get some feedback on whether it's worth the $30.

I've really enjoyed it for the 5 hours or so I've put into it. There was a big update the other day that added laundries and actual workshops.

What about it interests you?

Pandemic

I've really enjoyed it for the 5 hours or so I've put into it. There was a big update the other day that added laundries and actual workshops.

What about it interests you?

Cheers for the response.

It just seems fun I guess, the idea of building a prison, with a lot of in-depth construction features. Prison Tycoon was a pretty fun game too. I'm a fan of management sims, that's for sure.

Might purchase it later today, thanks again.

Cheers for the response.

It just seems fun I guess, the idea of building a prison, with a lot of in-depth construction features. Prison Tycoon was a pretty fun game too. I'm a fan of management sims, that's for sure.

Might purchase it later today, thanks again.

Here's some screenshots if you need a final push.

This one I just cheated and got tons of money and then tried to build a giant prison. It crashed after that (it was a bug with the planning tool that I'm pretty sure is fixed now). It's hard to tell with the scale, but it's fucking huge.

This one is an actual prison that works, although I look at it now and kick myself for ten different things that could be done so much better.

Mini-sale overload, just picked up:

Tomb raider collection (GMG) - mainly because I have legend and anniversary as boxed games, but not on steam, but I guess its cool to have the older games to round out the collection.
Book of unwritten tales: critter chronicles (GMG) - unfortunately they ran out of keys for the first game :(
Warlock: Master of the arcane complete (Gamersgate)
Stealth Bastard + DLC (Gamersgate)
Fez (steam)

Seriously tempted by Blood dragon, but still working my way through FC3, so maybe next week. Looking forward to a week of adventure games and Fez :D.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Mini-sale overload, just picked up:

Tomb raider collection (GMG) - mainly because I have legend and anniversary as boxed games, but not on steam, but I guess its cool to have the older games to round out the collection.
Book of unwritten tales: critter chronicles (GMG) - unfortunately they ran out of keys for the first game :(
Warlock: Master of the arcane complete (Gamersgate)
Stealth Bastard + DLC (Gamersgate)
Fez (steam)

Seriously tempted by Blood dragon, but still working my way through FC3, so maybe next week. Looking forward to a week of adventure games and Fez :D.
I want to do this, I've been told that FC2 is a fantastic game (I know it's divisive, but what I heard makes it sound so), but I need to play FC1 first. And before playing Blood Dragon (which looks totally cool) I should play FC3.

Sajjaja

I want to do this, I've been told that FC2 is a fantastic game (I know it's divisive, but what I heard makes it sound so), but I need to play FC1 first. And before playing Blood Dragon (which looks totally cool) I should play FC3.

But all the games are completely independent of each other. Why should you not having played the previous iterations impact you playing the current ones?

Normally I would play through a whole series before playing the latest, but I make an exception for Farcry, because before 3, I was never interested in the series. I played the original when it first came out, but the game was crippled by AI that could spot you from a million miles away (pretty sure it got patched at some stage), and the whole malaria mechanic put me off the second game. Luckily they're all separate stories so you can jump in on 3 pretty easily.

xJavonta

Banned

FC2 is complete trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom