• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It works through the app. You can only start downloading games you just purchased, not ones already in your library.

The mobile version of the Steam Community website also allows you to manage downloads, so if you visit your profile from within the app, you can view your games list and initiate a download.

I've always found it interesting that the mobile version of the Steam Community website lists the correct amount of games you own yet the desktop flavour also includes DLC and the like.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Bus it was really cool that you just bought those two games at work to show us how it works!

I bought the first one to see if it worked. Then, because I didn't want to give any inaccurate information or maybe if it was just a fluke, I bought a second game to make sure. I was going to buy a third game, but then I checked my bank account and I was in the overdraft.

So now I got my kid on my fucking case asking for food. Jesus. Grown-up problems. =/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I bought the first one to see if it worked. Then, because I didn't want to give any inaccurate information or maybe if it was just a fluke, I bought a second game to make sure. I was going to buy a third game, but then I checked my bank account and I was in the overdraft.

So now I got my kid on my fucking case asking for food. Jesus. Grown-up problems. =/

Nothing hits the spot quite like a Sophie's Choice over food and videogames.

Deques

Opted for Beta just to try the download cap and found this neat info window

JIOid5M.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I had already preordered Fez based on Fish's endearing personality, but it was only after that that I learned that apparently the puzzles in Fez are nearly impossible to solve alone, and it literally took the entire internet community weeks to solve some of them, not exaggerating.

Are those just extra crazy puzzles for secrets or something, and the main game is decent and can be completed alone?

Exactly two puzzles, both of which are totally unrequired for completing the game in any sense, require user collaboration or significant work outside the game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That scary.

And wonderfully glitchy too. Twice I've exited a room only for nothing to load and the screen to go completely white. Meanwhile some monster is screaming at me and hacking away whilst I shoot blindly at nothing.

:( :( :(

Very good game, amazing for the price. Between that and Minerva it is the natural evolution of steam. Pay nothing and still have a backlog... what an age we live in.
Do these mods appear as separate entries on the Steam library, or do they replace the game they are a mod of?

8 minutes until my Fez download is completed.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Installing FEZ now. Now, where be thy FC3 Blood Dragon.

First time running FEZ and it does nothing in the first room. Retrying again.

HoosTrax

oh gawd, 3DMark actually has achievements. I see at least two that my rig has no shot at unlocking lol. Some of those are pretty hilarious, from a technical standpoint (as in possibly requiring liquid nitrogen).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hey guys, what 3d mark score do you get for your rig?

Also what games are you hoping for on the summer sale?

PS- how many hours do you have played in your games etc. etc.

Blizzard

Banned
Hey guys, what 3d mark score do you get for your rig?

Also what games are you hoping for on the summer sale?

PS- how many hours do you have played in your games etc. etc.
Why you gotta troll. =(

Exactly two puzzles, both of which are totally unrequired for completing the game in any sense, require user collaboration or significant work outside the game.
Thank you sir, that doesn't sound too bad. I skipped the crazy Braid stuff like holding a button down for an hour or whatnot.

JaseC

Thank you sir, that doesn't sound too bad. I skipped the crazy Braid stuff like holding a button down for an hour or whatnot.

I first played the game on the X360 way back when and went off to do other things while I waited for the cloud, but of course I forgot all about it; even after 20-odd minutes of rewinding I still didn't see the damn thing, so I had to start over.

I think the next question must be how do you pronounce Saoirse?
Sasha?

Seahorse?
(I stole that from an interview about The Host.)

xJavonta

Banned
Actually it's one of the best FPS ever made.
No. Not it's not lol. Not by far.

The first five minutes are bearable. Then you have to play it. I still can't wrap my head around why I completed it, every single aspect and gameplay mechanic was so boring, repetitive and ill thought out imo.

Sounds like FC2 alright.

I see my experience wasn't isolated.

Well FC3:BD comes out today so hopefully that's good.

Aitor

Hey Everyone!
After a few weeks I just got in the forum, and to celebrate with my first post.
Will give a few steam keys:

Larva Mortus
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World
Crash Time 2
Pacific Storm
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Scratches - Director's Cut
Greed: Black Border
Space Trader: Merchant Marine
Shadowgrounds
Obulis
Vigil: Blood Bitterness
Tank Universal

IF you want anyone quote this with your choice (2 max per person please) and I'll PM it to you.

JaseC

When I preordered FEZ there was only the normal version, not the FEZ Soundtrack Edition.

The subs containing the soundtrack were made just two hours ago (though the soundtrack itself was added to the registry almost a day ago now).

robotnik

Hey Everyone!

Larva Mortus
Crash Time 2
Pacific Storm
Shadowgrounds
Obulis
Tank Universal

IF you want anyone quote this with your choice (2 max per person please) and I'll PM it to you.
Obulis, please?

Papers please got greenlit.
Awesome news!

Hey Everyone!

Larva Mortus
Crash Time 2
Pacific Storm
Shadowgrounds
Obulis
Tank Universal

Could I possibly get Vigil? I've been interested in it as a fan of adventure games, but haven't picked it up for whatever reason.

EDIT: You can give Scratches to sulc84. I'll grab it in the summer sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom