• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, but I like my first experience with a game to be as vanilla as possible. I only use mods if absolutely necessary (Durante's Dark Souls fix) or if I want to screw around after finishing it, though this rarely happens.

SHTUP, SHMUP, Four Hundred and Vurt's Space don't change anything to the gameplay. It's more about (vastly) improving the original assets. I really recommend them, as they're faithful to the original game.

Rebirth is different though, as it changes quite a lot of stuff (I personally don't like it).

Something I just noticed is that the powerup items hop around in sync to the PAH PAHs. Oh lord.
Enemies also dance with the P'ah, P'ah. Why is this so hated? I don't even pay attention to the thing. Kind of sad Nintendo killed some of the good will towards them with all the asset reuse and 2 of the same game few months apart. Not leting aside the fact that is not an adequate launch title.

Hopefully Steam buys Nintendo in the not so distant future and do things properly. You know like releasing a Mario game every 7 years.
SHTUP, SHMUP, Four Hundred and Vurt's Space don't change anything to the game. It's more about (vastly) improving the original assets. I really recommend them.
Is the STeam version DRM free? I think there are some Steam games like that.

Artofwar420

Haven't bought or looked at any releases in 5 months. Any good indie games that I should play that have come since the beginning of the year?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
SHTUP, SHMUP, Four Hundred and Vurt's Space don't change anything to the gameplay. It's more about (vastly) improving the original assets. I really recommend them, as they're faithful to the original game.

Rebirth is different though, as it changes quite a lot of stuff (I personally don't like it).
Nah, I still like seeing the original assets. I thought vanilla Deus Ex looked nice, old graphics and all.

Enemies also dance with the P'ah, P'ah. Why is this so hated? I don't even pay attention to the thing. Kind of sad Nintendo killed some of the good will towards them with all the asset reuse and 2 of the same game few months apart. Not leting aside the fact that is not an adequate launch title.

Hopefully Steam buys Nintendo in the not so distant future and do things properly. You know like releasing a Mario game every 7 years.
Because it's ridiculous, and the music sounds like liquid shit dripping into your ears. Can't believe Nintendo did that after the astronomical awesomeness that was Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack.

Haven't bought or looked at any releases in 5 months. Any good indie games that I should play that have come since the beginning of the year?
Runner 2.

cicero

I haven't played all of these yet, but they certainly have been on my radar.

La-Mulana
FEZ
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
Don't Starve
Kentucky Route Zero
Anodyne
Antichamber
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
Alien Spidy
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
Proteus
Super House of Dead Ninjas
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

Yes it is.
Perdon for asking so much, but what's the difference between Steam and GoG versions then?
Nah, I still like seeing the original assets. I thought vanilla Deus Ex looked nice, old graphics and all.

Because it's ridiculous, and the music sounds like liquid shit dripping into your ears. Can't believe Nintendo did that after the astronomical awesomeness that was Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack.
Doesn't the Wii U suport custom sound tracks? Just slap the Mario Galaxy playlist in there or something equally amazing like Vanilla Ice Greates Hits.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Perdon for asking so much, but what's the difference between Steam and GoG versions then?

One is on a service where I already keep all my games, easily downloadable through a interface that keeps everything neat and accessible where everything works with the click of a button.

The other is on GOG.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't the Wii U suport custom sound tracks? Just slap the Mario Galaxy playlist in there or something equally amazing like Vanilla Ice Greates Hits.
That would be fine if I had a Wii U, but there's no way to replace music in good ol' Wii, as far as I know. I hope the 3DS version doesn't have that same annoying music.

cicero

It seems to be almost the same version (modern systems friendly), except it has apparently not been pre-patched correctly, as stated here http://steamcommunity.com/app/238210/discussions/0/828938532755488565/.

It's no big deal, but people who want to use some specific mods might have to do some work to clean the mess.

System Shock 2 on GOG also includes the bonus material not available on Steam.
Manual
Wallpaper
Ken Levine radio interview
Soundtrack (FLAC/MP3)
2 Avatars
SHODAN full size render
28 Artworks
Pitch document
2 Concept maps

Salsa

there's a rumor going around that Joss Whedon is lookin at saoirse ronan for Scarlett Witch in Avengers 2, or at least that she's being used as a model for concept art

JaseC about to go mainstream

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
there's a rumor going around that Joss Whedon is lookin at saoirse ronan for Scarlett Witch in Avengers 2, or at least that she's being used as a model for concept art

JaseC about to go mainstream

Yeah, Fuu brought this to my attention yesterday.

RUMOR: Joss Whedon has Saoirse Ronan in mind for Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2

SRSW.jpg

You had my curiosity, Whedon, but now you have my attention.

Paging JaseC....

tumblr_mjx79r9hog1r2svgugh.gif

;)

What a phenomenal first half of the year. Dyad came to Steam also. With prospect of Super Time Force, Spy Party and The Witness this year is going to be dominated by indies.
My ISP recently upgraded me from 5 Mbps DSL to 40 Mbps FTTH. I don't really care how big games are anymore.
Good for you~

My machine can't run that game, that's why I didn't even bother downloading it to try.

Likewise, Planetside 2 is one of the few games that my (admittedly out of date) laptop refuses to get a playable frame rate out of. At least it's free to play, so there's no financial risk involved.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
She would be too busy doing 50 shades of grey right?

Psh, Irish Princess doesn't need to take her kit off to score roles. :p

Speaking of, I've been spending my Lazy Sunday catching up on How I Met Your Mother, and something caught my eye...

vlcsnap-2013-05-12-11i3ux1.jpg

itssaoirsepiugy.jpg

...I've officially reached the point of no return.

FloatOn

I own that game? Must have got it from some bundle I can't remember now. Is it any good?

I think it would be amazing to actually play with people. I only tried it with bots and my experience was.... lacking. Plus side is that it's only like 500mb so no big time commitment there as far as the install goes.

I really wish there were more future sports games. Frozen Endzone looks so damn cool.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No one ever asks who toddhunter's avatar is.
I have a more important question: Is that a nipple, or just a trick of the light?

EDIT: So far on this new page, out of 8 posts, only 3 talk about games. We're dead set on our road to Community, gentlemen.

though if we weren't nuked after HolyBaikal's number on the previous thread, I guess we never will

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure what you just described is the creation story for New Zealanders.
Really? I thought THIS was the New Zealand Story:

kdbsNiY.jpg

I think it would be amazing to actually play with people. I only tried it with bots and my experience was.... lacking. Plus side is that it's only like 500mb so no big time commitment there as far as the install goes.

I really wish there were more future sports games. Frozen Endzone looks so damn cool.
If you wanna try it someday, let me know in advance so I can download it.

kennah

Speaking of, I've been spending my Lazy Sunday catching up on How I Met Your Mother, and something caught my eye...

itssaoirsepiugy.jpg

Jesus...

It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about.

"Is there one of her movie dvds on the table? No, but wtf turtle?"
"Is there something in the background? No, can't find anything"
"Maybe I'll look at the picture of ... The fucking dress? This dude has a problem"

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus...

It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about.

"Is there one of her movie dvds on the table? No, but wtf turtle?"
"Is there something in the background? No, can't find anything"
"Maybe I'll look at the picture of ... The fucking dress? This dude has a problem"
...the dress? No, seriously, c'mon now. The dress? Like... the dress?

OK Jase, I take back what I said before. I'd like you to go back to Steam hoarding :/

zkylon

zkylewd

itssaoirsepiugy.jpg

been there, it's not pretty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom