• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm happy to report that at least one of the great many suggested solutions for fixing Far Cry 3 instability has worked -- the game no longer crashes when approaching a particular outpost and it seems to stutter less, too.

Jesus...

It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about.

"Is there one of her movie dvds on the table? No, but wtf turtle?"
"Is there something in the background? No, can't find anything"
"Maybe I'll look at the picture of ... The fucking dress? This dude has a problem"

What can I say? I remember the little things.

...the dress? No, seriously, c'mon now. The dress? Like... the dress?

OK Jase, I take back what I said before. I'd like you to go back to Steam hoarding :/

To go back to something, I would need to have stopped in the first place!

Anybody pre-order last light?

I'd intended to but then Xelios ruined everything by gifting it to me as an early birthday present. ;)

Come for the cheap games, stay for the Saoirse Ronan updates.

That does have a nice ring to it. :p

Someone give her a GAF account.

Thereby answering the oft-pondered question, "Is it possible to swoon on the internet?"

wait so jasec is not saorise

how does he afford all them games then

next ya'll be tellin' salsa's no woman

I'd say the name of Salsa's alt account leaves little room for doubt on that one.

Vlodril

Just wondering. is there a thread with people that get 4 packs in steam sales(i am interested in 2 copies of torchlight 2)?

PaulLFC

WTF?

jvUhupArk85rg.png

This is getting silly now. That's even more expensive than console games are in GAME (the most expensive game shop here) - and it's not a limited edition either.

I thought COD and Risen 2 charging near 40 quid was taking the piss when most PC games are no more than £30, but this is even worse.

Lime

WTF?

jvUhupArk85rg.png

This is getting silly now. That's even more expensive than console games are in GAME (the most expensive game shop here) - and it's not a limited edition either.

I thought COD and Risen 2 charging near 40 quid was taking the piss when most PC games are no more than £30, but this is even worse.

Someone has to pay for the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WTF?

jvUhupArk85rg.png

Sega is experimenting with furthering the reach of the Aussie Tax.

Edit: The Daily is 66% off XCOM: Enemy Unknown ($23.79; Aussie Taxed).

HoosTrax

But the Elite Soldier Pack pretty-ifies your squaddies :| . I think it might also let you change their nationalities.

(In all honestly, it's kind of a bummer that it wasn't included in the game if you didn't preorder. But I guess if you waited long enough to buy it, you're still getting it way cheaper even if you have to buy that cosmetic pack separately)

Edit: On an unrelated note, was there some Chrome extension that shows which games you already own when you are browsing the store?

masterkajo

the XCOM dlcs worth getting?

I am no fan of cosmetic DLC and never buy them. Except with XCom. I bought both (Elite Soldier and Slingshot) and do not regret it. Awesome to have a lot of costumization options for your soldiers so you can grow to love them even deeper... only to have it hurt that much more when they die!

graywolf323

The Elite Soldier Pack isn't at all necessary, however the Slingshot Pack includes a few new missions.

did they ever make it compatible with existing saves?

edit: I remember when it first came out people that bought it said they couldn't load save games they had from before buying it

ShaneB

Been enjoying Pinball FX 2 (bought the Star Wars tables), and I'll no doubt buy more of the packs on sale, but it does make me want Pinball Arcade so much more. The video on the website makes me appreciate how much work goes into these, and I think I'll prefer the much more realistic elements of PA instead of the crazy antics of PFX2, but they're nice companions.

Chronoja

They really need atleast one free table :/

They really do. If feels like a cheap shareware demo from the 90's with everything locked behind a time limited paywall. And the condescension in the phrase "Congratulations you've reached the time limit on this table" is somewhat annoying.

Making it seem like its f2p is really deceiving since little to none of it is actually free. Should read "this game actually costs at least £6.99, disregarding sales"

If they made the free table the pinball game that came with Windows XP, that would be good enough for me. It is Microsoft game studios after all.

Salsa

fuck new Metro im gonna replay Stalker SOC

just Complete as a must-have still, right? no idea if other fundamental mods came out since 09

Blizzard

Banned
fuck new Metro im gonna replay Stalker SOC

just Complete as a must-have still, right? no idea if other fundamental mods came out since 09
I think that's the main one, though I think it's also supposed to change the overall experience a bit due to making nights darker or whatnot (I'm not 100% sure).

Chronoja

I think that's the main one, though I think it's also supposed to change the overall experience a bit due to making nights darker or whatnot (I'm not 100% sure).

Any changes the complete mods make are generally for the better, I wouldn't say it changes the overall experience but enhances it to it's best potential.

FloatOn

what in the actual fuck? Trying to launch hitman absolution and it says its already running.

launch the help page, it says delete the "appcache" folder and delete anti-virus software and restart the computer. I do all this. Message still persists....

what in the actual fuck? Trying to launch hitman absolution and it says its already running.

launch the help page, it says delete the "appcache" folder and delete anti-virus software and restart the computer. I do all this. Message still persists....

This is kind of obvious but have you checked your task manager to see if it has a process running? Maybe if you ran the benchmark or something?

Wait never mind you restarted. Odd error to have.

FloatOn

yeah, it's most certainly not running. I've never seen this error before either.

I mean I have no problem not playing the game as it was only 5 dollars and I have and haven't played the probably better blood money. I just wanted to go backwards in my history lesson of the hitman franchise.

any help would be appreciated though. I'm going to try verify the game integrity and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom