• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Now that I know I can run it, I may bite.

Holy shit, I just finished the first Dark Forces and it's one of the best FPS games I have ever played.

Like, I would seriously put it up there with DOOM 1 & 2 / Duke Nukem 3D. Underrated as fuck yo. If you like old school shooters and / or Star Wars, I can't recommend it enough.

Now to begin the Jedi Knight trilogy. Weeeeee.

Sam and Max Collection

Monkey Island 1, 2 and Tales of Monkey Island - The first two Monkey Islands are essential, some of the best games of all time. If you like them, you might as well play the Telltale ones(Tales of). Of course, you should make an attempt to find a copy of the third Monkey Island, The Curse of Monkey Island, even though it's not on Steam. It's my personal favorite... The fourth one, Escape From Monkey Island, is not really worth going out of your way for unless you become a HUGE fan. Whatever you do, don't get the PS2 version of EFMI.

Back To The Future

Strongbad's Cool Game For Attractive People

Gemini Rue

These two posts are filled with so much win.

Phinor

Anyone else experiencing problems with Steam? Library works fine, but everything else gives me Error Code: -130. Even the store front fails to load although it works just fine in a browser. Actually installing games is broken too so library is only half-working. This started yesterday and I thought it'd go away by itself but it doesn't seem likely now.

Changing content server doesn't seem to help. Even deleting ClientRegistry.blob didn't help, I'm clueless.

SparkTR

I've just bought a new laptop and can finally take advantage of pc games and Steam. Can any recommend some good point and click adventures? Maybe something a little different graphics design wise? I've played The Walking Dead on Xbox as that seems to be a common recommendation from people around the net :) Thanks.

Book of Unwritten Tales + Critter Chronicles
Kentucky Route Zero
Gemini Rue
Resonance
Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Machinarium
Gray Matter

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone else experiencing problems with Steam? Library works fine, but everything else gives me Error Code: -130. Even the store front fails to load although it works just fine in a browser. Actually installing games is broken too so library is only half-working. This started yesterday and I thought it'd go away by itself but it doesn't seem likely now.

Changing content server doesn't seem to help. Even deleting ClientRegistry.blob didn't help, I'm clueless.

Could be a DNS issue. Try using Google's own DNS servers.

Deques

yGo.jpg

Oh shit, looks like L has found me. Gotta run guys.

Oh, no! Just got invited to the group! Should I join?

Phinor

Could be a DNS issue. Try using Google's own DNS servers.

Doesn't seem like a DNS issue. Everything Steam related works great as long as I'm not using the Steam client itself. The Steam program simply fails to open any site (community etc. are all websites as well that open fine on a browser, but Steam client just hands me a -130 error.)

Have to try a complete re-install next.

edit: Well in the end it was one of those classics. I used a program to watch BBC online yesterday and forgot that it crashed and thus failed to remove the proxy settings it needs. Steam uses Windows proxy settings while my browser and other stuff do not. At least my Steam install is now 800+ files lighter :p

JaseC

Doesn't seem like a DNS issue. Everything Steam related works great as long as I'm not using the Steam client itself. The Steam program simply fails to open any site (community etc. are all websites as well that open fine on a browser, but Steam client just hands me a -130 error.)

Ah, missed that. Have you tried opting in/out of the client beta (depending on where you stand currently)?

Chronoja

Could be a firewall issue blocking packets to and from the Steam client. Just a suggestion.

JaseC

IndieBundle.org has a few bundles up, all of which contain at least a couple of Greenlight games ($5 unless otherwise noted):

Ultimate Bug Out Bundle:
- The Ballads of Reemus
- Band of Bugs
- Along Came a Spider
Paying $7 also nets you a Steam key for Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon and the DLC

Hellish Dungeons Bundle:
- Guy vs. the Wicked and Nefarious Land
- 99 Levels to Hell
- Rogue's Tale
Paying $7 also nets you Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle and Dark Gates

Alpha Fund Bundle:
- Gravi
- Super Tower Rush
- Monsters!
- Samphi
- Twisty's Asylum Escapades

JaseC

So make a US amazon account with a US address but use my real billing address for my cc? Got it.

You can just add a secondary, US-based address to your existing Amazon account during checkout.

Will steam take issue with me redeeming a US key?

In some cases it will (e.g. Amazon's Inversion keys are region-locked), but Dark Souls will activate just fine.

dreamfall

Staring at Last Light.

I gifted it to a good friend, but it's not for me. It looks ridiculously atmospheric, and will probably be beautifully haunting. I played about eight hours of the first, and it definitely freaked me out a bit. But I loved all the open dialogue, and the wonderfully scary moments of losing oxygen or taking on beasts without any ammunition.

What are you thinking?

Sarcasm

Pre-Ordering. Loved the first. Just about to go back to school and have to worry about xfering money to the states (home country).

kaleii

New Indie Royale bundle: The Mayhem Bundle. All games are Steam games, and there's one bonus game coming.

3.92 euros right now. Pay 6,20 euros for a Chipzel album.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

• Burn Zombie Burn! for: steam (pc)
  • Lucius for: steam (pc), windows, desura
  • Plain Sight for: steam (pc)
  • Primal Fears for: steam (pc)
  • Alien Shooter 2: Conscription for: steam (pc), windows, desura
Droplitz for: steam (pc)

Nothing much there that excites me, but I bought it anyway :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The sarcasm, it's so thick.

I wonder how many people actually beat this game or spent any real length of time with it.

Probably not many around here since people seem to be averse to co-op and singleplayer removes about 95% of what makes the experience fun. I had a blast playing through it with 2 friends.

Tomodachi

xJavonta

Banned
Probably not many around here since people seem to be averse to co-op and singleplayer removes about 95% of what makes the experience fun. I had a blast playing through it with 2 friends.

Yeah. The only reason I haven't completed it is because I can't find any friends that want to play it. They all seem uninterested in it.

HoosTrax

Weeklies:

- 50% off Hitman: Absolution ($12.49 or $14.99 for the Professional Edition)
- 33% off Anodyne ($6.69)
- 75% off Hydrophobia: Prophecy ($1.24)
- 75% off Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood ($2.49)
- 75% off the Book of Unwritten Tales franchise
- 75% off Postal 2 Complete ($3.74 or $11.24 for a four-pack [$2.81 per head])
- 50% off Critical Mass ($2.49)
Good timing. Just started on Book of Unwritten Tales and was hoping that Critter Chronicles would go on sale soon.

Put an hour into it yesterday and it feels a lot more intuitive of a point-and-click than say, Deponia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom