• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriitV

Where could one get Bad Rats keys, it's not steamworks so just buying it off GG wouldn't work? I'd love to give them to people.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Recap

[Amazon]
[Bundle Stars]
  • Stellar Bundle - $0.98
    • Alien Hallway
    • Alien Shooter Revisited
    • Zombie Shooter
    • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Indie Jam - $6.35
    • Dead Horde
    • Future Wars
    • Greed: Black Border
    • Grotesque Tactics
    • Grotesque Tactics 2
    • Stellar Impact
    • Trapped Dead
    • Trauma
    • Twin Sector
    • Unstoppable Gorg
  • Indie Jam 2 - $5.00
    • Ion Assault
    • Iron Grip: Warlord
    • Nuclear Dawn
    • Planets Under Attack
    • Shattered Horizon
    • Two Worlds II
    • Two Worlds II: Castle Defense DLC
    • X-Blades
[Gamersgate] - Thanks to Chronoja for the deals
[GMG] - use code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA for an additional 20% discount

[Humble Double Fine Bundle]

• $1.00+
    • Costume Quest
    • Psychonauts
    • Stacking
  • $8.02+
    • Brutal Legend
[Indiegala Store] - Thanks to Chronoja for the deals - Price in parentheses is using accumulated Gala Points for further discount
[Indie Royale] - posted by kaleii
  • The Mayhem Bundle - $5.56
    • Alien Shooter 2: Conscription
    • Burn Zombie Burn
    • Droplitz
    • Lucius
    • Plain Sight
    • Primal Fears
    • ? Mystery Game ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it just me or is GMG missing a couple of pieces of Millionaire DLC? Steam UK lists 9 but I'm only seeing 7.

Also, I just realised it's the 14th, so I'm now a-quarter-of-a-century old.

FloatOn

Is it just me or is GMG missing a couple of pieces of Millionaire DLC? Steam UK lists 9 but I'm only seeing 7.

Happy barfday.

drink in excess and may all you saoirse ronan dreams come true.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't the south park dlc taken off?

Aw. :( In answer to my question, it seems GMG is missing the Junior and Video Game DLC packs.

Happy barfday.

drink in excess and may all you saoirse ronan dreams come true.
Fuck and I thought I was old. Happy birthday!
For some reason I thought you were older. Happy birthday!
Have fun in the retirement home JaseC.

Cheers. <3

nexen

HOLY SHIT I AM A DINOSAUR.

edit: oh and happy birthday!

Deques

Happy Birthday. Have a cake

saoirse%20ronan%20cakes%201513x2000%20wallpaper_wallpaperswa.com_55.jpg

(Yes, I took some random cake picture with Saoirse Ronan)

Mrbob

Is anyone doing a Sanctum 2 4 pack? I'm looking for two copies for me and a friend so we would need two more people.

Taoofberg

I don't know if anyone else got suckered into that Heroes of Might and Magic 6 sale a week or two ago, where the content was completely locked up and unaccessible, but I'm still having trouble with both Steam and Ubisoft and could use some advice.

What happened was that if you bought the "gold" version of HMM6 the expansion content was open but the base game wasn't. I just picked up the base game, so even though I could install and access the main menu, I couldn't actually start custom map games or the campaign. There was nothing I could play, and even though it is a year-old game, I still decided to wait a few days to see if if Ubisoft would fix it.

They didn't, so I send in a Steam ticket requesting a refund. After a handful of emails with Steam where I sent them screengrabs of the menus with explanations of the broken links and that the content I just bought needed to be "unlocked" (through Ubisoft for more real money), the only thing I've received was an email today saying:

"Please send me a copy of your conversation with this third party support team, which outlines what steps you’ve taken to try to get the game working on your computer and I will investigate this matter further."

I've already sent two emails explaining that the game is broken on Ubisoft's end and I was disappointed that Steam would sell it, and requested a refund. There are many other complaints about the same issue on the Steam Community, so it seems pretty clear the problem isn't with me "trying to get the game working on my computer." Anyone have any tips for dealing with absolutely broken digital downloads? Or any luck getting refunds from Steam? I usually buy my games through them since they've been (up until now) really reliable.

Here are the pictures that I sent them, which I thought would be enough to show Steam that the game worked, but the content was unavailable:

Should I just let this go? It's pretty frustrating.

My favorite is the fact that he has no legal or moral qualms with Valve supposedly being headquartered out of a foreign country for tax reasons, but solely because they still sell their games for so much even though they get out of all those pesky taxes.

nexen

My favorite is the fact that he has no legal or moral qualms with Valve supposedly being headquartered out of a foreign country for tax reasons, but solely because they still sell their games for so much even though they get out of all those pesky taxes.

To be fair to the crazy person, it is kind of a dick move.

edit: I think the guy is conflating income tax and sales tax.

KNT-Zero

I read somewhere that Dark Souls was gonna get a huge price cut to about $7 in Amazon, does anyone know when is that gonna happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom