• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

BdgjVzn.png
This has to be one of the stupidest things I've read this year.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Btw, did that amazon Kingdoms of Amalur deal go down yet or are they still waiting on cd keys from Valve?

Tony fell asleep at the wheel while driving to pick those keys up from RI. He drove off the road into a sea of Dark Souls keys.

Everyone was happy.

Ledsen

Weeklies:

- 50% off Hitman: Absolution ($12.49 or $14.99 for the Professional Edition)
- 33% off Anodyne ($6.69)
- 75% off Hydrophobia: Prophecy ($1.24)
- 75% off Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood ($2.49)
- 75% off the Book of Unwritten Tales franchise
- 75% off Postal 2 Complete ($3.74 or $11.24 for a four-pack [$2.81 per head])
- 50% off Critical Mass ($2.49)

Edit: More:
- 50% off Din's Curse ($4.99)
- 50% off Postal ($3.49)

Everyone buy BoUT! Such a great point-and-click, super charming with really nice graphics.

Nillansan

Is it just me or is GMG missing a couple of pieces of Millionaire DLC? Steam UK lists 9 but I'm only seeing 7.

Also, I just realised it's the 14th, so I'm now a-quarter-of-a-century old.

Happy birthday.

Are you in need of any of the Who Wants to Be A Millionaire DLC? I've got the General Knowledge Trivia Booster DLC collecting dust in my inventory.

This has to be one of the stupidest things I've read this year.

There's been dumber things this year from the Steam discussion boards. Like last week, someone made a thread stating that Valve was being unethical for selling Machinarium because it was built in Flash.

Then there is also the Steam beta group where there are like a ton of roleplayers that made comments or threads about bringing /me back.

kami_sama

There's been dumber things this year from the Steam discussion boards. Like last week, someone made a thread stating that Valve was being unethical for selling Machinarium because it was built in Flash.

Then there is also the Steam beta group where there are like a ton of roleplayers that made comments or threads about bringing /me back.
The /me was used to scam people, but I think it's great!
Had some fun with it :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dishonored is pretty great. I don't regret waiting this long for a good price and it came at pretty much the perfect time for me mood wise.

Has anyone here tried to 100% it achievement wise? I'm rolling through in high chaos style first and looking in every nook and cranny. I figure that should make for a pretty smooth no kill/alert run with only ghost since I am familiar with everything.

cicero

Holy shit, I just finished the first Dark Forces and it's one of the best FPS games I have ever played.

Like, I would seriously put it up there with DOOM 1 & 2 / Duke Nukem 3D. Underrated as fuck yo. If you like old school shooters and / or Star Wars, I can't recommend it enough.

Now to begin the Jedi Knight trilogy. Weeeeee.

I have always had it up there in my favorite FPS games too. Looks like the DarkXL project is still going, hopefully it hits beta soon so I can give Dark Forces another playthrough.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Dishonored is pretty great. I don't regret waiting this long for a good price and it came at pretty much the perfect time for me mood wise.

Has anyone here tried to 100% it achievement wise? I'm rolling through in high chaos style first and looking in every nook and cranny. I figure that should make for a pretty smooth no kill/alert run with only ghost since I am familiar with everything.
Enjoying it a lot too. I only played until the end of the
High Overseer Campbell mission
so far because I looked into every single corner of the place, which probably made me take 3x as much time as people usually spend there. As far as collectibles go I only missed some coins, haha. I'm playing as stealthily as possible though (for now at least). Great fun creeping around in this game, I can see myself going for better runs after I beat it.

It seems like WWE Wrestlefest might still be coming. 4 days ago, EULAs were added to the game, but they mention THQ. So who knows.

By the way, WB removed the entry in the database for Mortal Kombat 9. It doesn't mean anything, but they could have made a new entry so that people would stop snooping.

GAMERG0D

It seems like WWE Wrestlefest might still be coming. 4 days ago, EULAs were added to the game, but they mention THQ. So who knows.
Eulas seemed to be added to several games, including GTA IV and FF VII. I think it's just the site itself since it was at the same time. Same for languages.

By the way, WB removed the entry in the database for Mortal Kombat 9. It doesn't mean anything, but they could have made a new entry so that people would stop snooping.

Yea several games have removed the entry in the database,guess they are hiding them now.

ArjanN

I'm have all the achievements (until the 3rd DLC comes out) and the way you're playing is indeed the best way to get all the achievements.

The achievements in that first Dunwall City Trials DLC are WAY more challenging than anything in the main campaign though and really require you to master the mechanics of the game. The 2nd DLC achievements are pretty easy again.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or is GMG missing a couple of pieces of Millionaire DLC? Steam UK lists 9 but I'm only seeing 7.

Also, I just realised it's the 14th, so I'm now a-quarter-of-a-century old.
Remind me to congratulate you in 2:37 hours.

Sarcasm

Whats holding me back on Last Light..is that the ranger stuff is preorder than its going to be paid DLC after release..what BS IS THAT.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm have all the achievements (until the 3rd DLC comes out) and the way you're playing is indeed the best way to get all the achievements.

The achievements in that first Dunwall City Trials DLC are WAY more challenging than anything in the main campaign though and really require you to master the mechanics of the game. The 2nd DLC achievements are pretty easy again.

Yeah I was looking at some of the trial achievements with dread. Switching over to mouse should make it a bit easier.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
holy shit stallion please start palying Dishonored with a mouse right now

it's the worst game for a gamepad, ever

How so? I never have to aim at anything. I have used like my gun twice and my Xbow maybe 10 times in 10+ hours so far (just hit mission 6). They are are my least favorite tools.

Salsa

How so? I never have to aim at anything. I have used like my gun twice and my Xbow maybe 10 times in 10+ hours so far (just hit mission 6). They are are my least favorite tools.

Once you get used to the controls it is best to play the game being fast and precise with Blink. The turning speed of the analog stick alone already gets in the way of this, in my personal experience.

Game gets more fun as you get more skillful and I think the gamepad just gets in the way. You can certainly play through the game till the end with it tho, sure, it's just a tad more frustrating if you're trying to do some crazy stunts.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Once you get used to the controls it is best to play the game being fast and precise with Blink. The turning speed of the analog stick alone already gets in the way of this, in my personal experience.

Game gets more fun as you get more skillful and I think the gamepad just gets in the way. You can certainly play through the game till the end with it tho, sure, it's just a tad more frustrating if you're trying to do some crazy stunts.

But I'm not trying to do crazy stunts or blink rapidly. I am playing at a fairly methodical place. A controller doesn't get in the way when you are playing slow as fuck. The game never forces you to move quickly either.

It's not my fault you play like Corvo missed his hourly dose of Ritalin and can't handle a controller.

Sarcasm

Controller is fine..just the analog movement even when I was exploring (slow as a sloth) annoyed the crap out of me.

So I went back to KB&M heh.

Salsa

But I'm not trying to do crazy stunts or blink rapidly. I am playing at a fairly methodical place. A controller doesn't get in the way when you are playing slow as fuck. The game never forces you to move quickly either.

It's not my fault you play like Corvo missed his hourly dose of Ritalin and can't handle a controller.

Game is at it's best when you try to be as fast and efficent as possible, IMO (while remaining undetected).

It's not that great of a pure stealth game as to play it slowly, and I did play it like that on a third playthrough. Stuff like blink's snappiness + the crouch-slide etc etc really make it a bliss to play as an undetected parkour freak. At least that's how I had the most fun with it.

cicero

Doesn't playing using a controller pretty much make "slow as fuck." mandatory?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Game is at it's best when you try to be as fast and efficent as possible, IMO (while remaining undetected).

It's not that great of a pure stealth game as to play it slowly, and I did play it like that on a third playthrough. Stuff like blink's snappiness + the crouch-slide etc etc really make it a bliss to play as an undetected parkour freak. At least that's how I had the most fun with it.

How am I suppose to explore if I just slide and blink everywhere?

Doesn't playing using a controller pretty much make "slow as fuck." mandatory?

If you have two broken thumbs, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom