• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I have a problem, I have a wired Xbox controller, and when I plug it, steam freezes, I can't browse on my games library after a few seconds. It happens every time I plug in the controller, has anyone run into the same problem?

Thx

cicero

Happy Birthday, JaseC. May all your Steam collecting dreams come true, and then when you are finally finished, excepting new releases, may you move swiftly into GOG collecting as well.

Happy Birthday JaseC, as a fellow May 14th baby also and if there's any validity to the Zodiac keep you temper in check and go easy on the ladies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Happy birthday, JaseC. You're a quarter of 16 years younger than me.
Happy Birthday, JaseC. May all your Steam collecting dreams come true, and then when you are finally finished, excepting new releases, may you move swiftly into GOG collecting as well.
Happy Birthday JaseC, as a fellow May 14th baby also and if there's any validity to the Zodiac keep you temper in check and go easy on the ladies.

Thanks, gents!

I'd buy Jasec a game on Steam for his birthday, but he already has it.

I can't help but to read this in the voice of a Skyrim NPC.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Guys I have a problem, I have a wired Xbox controller, and when I plug it, steam freezes, I can't browse on my games library after a few seconds. It happens every time I plug in the controller, has anyone run into the same problem?

Thx

Any chance you were previously using MotionInJoy?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I have hitman absolution and dishonored installed now. What to play first?

I guess I could do both at once.
Have you played every other game in your Steam backlog? Have you played every other game in your GOG/indie bundles backlog? Have you played every other game in your retail backlog? Have you played every other game in your console backlog? Have you travelled to other countries, visited the Moon, won a war? Have you become president? Have you discovered the cure for cancer?

If the answer to any of those questions is no, then you should do that first. If you have already done all of that, then I suggest you skip Absolution.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Absolution is broken if you play on anything over normal difficulty. On normal the disguise system is significantly more functional and the level design can be appreciated a bit better.

FloatOn

Have you played every other game in your Steam backlog? Have you played every other game in your GOG/indie bundles backlog? Have you played every other game in your retail backlog? Have you played every other game in your console backlog? Have you travelled to other countries, visited the Moon, won a war? Have you become president? Have you discovered the cure for cancer?

If the answer to any of those questions is no, then you should do that first. If you have already done all of that, then I suggest you skip Absolution.

haha, that bad eh? I got it for 5 bucks and I've never played a hitman game before. I have blood money but I kind of want to go backwards in the hitman game chronology to appreciate with fresh eyes how stupid the series has become (apparently).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Terraria is the midweek madness deal and should be bought by anyone who hasn't done so yet.

66% off

Odd that the price isn't showing 66% yet.

Seems to be updated now.

Edit 3 - Not yet actually ><

DagsJT

Magicka on sale one day, Terraria on sale the next. Of all the games on Steam, they love to rehash the same old "deals" over and over.

derExperte

Is Steam unusually slow today for anyone else? Also when I click through my screenshots I mostly get only black squares for a long time. Eventually some shots appears but not all.

Am I wrong in this understanding?

No. I'm interested in playing it one day but I'll wait until it's included in a indie bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The fact that TimeShift is still on Steam when tons of other games disappeared - and TS is also an Acti-published game - is baffling to me.

Saber is independent and Acti owns the IP, so there's no spanner to throw into the works.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
haha, that bad eh? I got it for 5 bucks and I've never played a hitman game before. I have blood money but I kind of want to go backwards in the hitman game chronology to appreciate with fresh eyes how stupid the series has become (apparently).
Well, it's not THAT bad. I mean, there's always stuff such as... ehm... Big Rigs and Bad Rats, I guess.

But it's not a good Hitman game, not with that awful lot of cutscenes (and this is coming from someone who loved Max Payne 3) and broken disguise mechanics. It basically shat on everything the Hitman franchise was famous for, and turned it into an action/infiltration type of game. I guess it can be worth a playthrough because of the nice graphics, if that's your thing, but I seriously recommend that you play something better.

Chronoja

Saber is independent and Acti owns the IP, so there's no spanner to throw into the works.

I hope you are right because Timeshift is near the top of my "games to purchase" during the Summer sale, just in case it disappears like the rest of Acti's library. The reason I've held off so long being that I've played it before and the discount is never really substantial amongst the myriad of other games.

It's really disappointing that at this point in time, if a game has been on steam and then been removed that it's basically gone for good. Very few games I can think of that got pulled and then managed to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom