• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I hope you are right because Timeshift is near the top of my "games to purchase" during the Summer sale, just in case it disappears like the rest of Acti's library. The reason I've held off so long being that I've played it before and the discount is never really substantial amongst the myriad of other games.

It's really disappointing that at this point in time, if a game has been on steam and then been removed that it's basically gone for good. Very few games I can think of that got pulled and then managed to return.
That usually depends on why its been pulled. Most games are pulled because the licenses to the music used, like Outrun, or even the license to game itself have expired, like any of the Sega Marvel games.

Most times it isn't worth the hassle of renegotiation or stripping out the offending content.

Megasoum

Banned
My god I love the Steam market... I check my inventory from time to time to see if there's new items that become marketable. I had 2 new today so I put them up for sale and they were sold 30sec later lol... Ok I just made 2$ total for both items but hey, it adds up lol... I'm up to 28$ in my steam wallet now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's really disappointing that at this point in time, if a game has been on steam and then been removed that it's basically gone for good. Very few games I can think of that got pulled and then managed to return.

Speaking of, it's very strange that some games are removed from Steam but continue to be sold elsewhere (EA's faux hissy-fit aside, of course). Ghostbusters the Videogame is one such case: it was removed from Steam circa mid-2012 but to this day it's still sold on GamersGate, Amazon, and wherever else.

PriitV

Best deal I've seen on the complete experience so far. The MP has been the best thing I've tried in terms of shooters in a long while.'

Well worth the 20 considering you get the vanilla maps and 5 expansions worth for under 20USD.

It's showing 30€+ for me :/ Must be US deal.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have. It is terrible.
They tried to make it look like an action movie all the time and instead made it almost unplayable.
I got it for $5 and regret it.
Is this the plane combat game that starts with an on-rails sequence in a mounted machinegun? Because I remember seeing that screenshot on my Steam friends activity feed, and it looked ridiculous.

Also, I'm beginning to think 75 is the new 3. As in, numbers Valve will avoid no matter what.

morningbus

At least you got a DRM free version, right? It's not all bad then.

i73xCkFT1h3X9.gif

AHA-Lambda

From what I can discern so far about this is that it has no gameplay what so ever...you basically just walk around in a relatively "odd" looking place. Pretty difficult to justify £3.49 with that kind of synopsis...

Am I wrong in this understanding?

I watched the Giant Bomb QL and that's what it seemed like to me, hell I felt satiated after just watching that =/

kurahador

Is this your first time dining with us this evening? Let me go over some of the menu with you...

Not really. But I do remember Stallion Free was the one who basically asked everyone to "get the fuck off the steam thread" after sales last year.

The guy need to tone down his ego a notch.

morningbus

Don't you guys get it? Steam is all around us!

I'm posting this from a sauna, by the way.

Not really. But I do remember Stallion Free was the one who basically asked everyone to "get the fuck the steam thread" after sales last year.

I'm a regular and I don't remember this happening.

Not really. But I do remember Stallion Free was the one who basically asked everyone to "get the fuck the steam thread" after sales last year.

valid or not...what the shit does that have to do with buying games?

"Steam thread is about buying games, so bananas"

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The Steam Thread has simple rules

1) Hey Steam is awesome let's talk about games on Steam and sales, mostly sales!

2) If the game doesn't register on Steam, it might as well not exist. Go to the low life general Digital Distribution discount thread or reddit or cheap ass gamer or GOG or whatever we don't care!

3) Praise gaben.

I don't see why people get it wrong so often!

morningbus

I need to start making things specifically for gifs.

Like right now wouldn't it be great to have a gif of a lumberjack grinding an axe on a crowded subway?

morningbus

guys if we keep posting about non-steam games we're gonna run out of internet space
It's the videogame equivalent of how every offtopic thread, if allowed to go unchecked for long enough will become another hot woman thread, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom