• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out about the Bioshock Infinite DLCs. The first one I don't get. The combat in BioInf was though not bad the weakest part, IMO. So to base a whole DLC around just combat is Pinnacle Station all over again.

Anyway, the Burial at Sea two part DLC looks phenomenal. I didn't even know that I wanted this, but I do now. Give it to me. Hope the Season Pass gets a good discount before the DLC hits (or I will have to ask some fellow Brazilian gaf fellow to help me out).
Man, I still can't believe how bad Pinnacle Station was. Polar opposite of Bring Down the Sky, which was great.

Thorgal

And that is why buying a season pass is one of the worst things you can do with tour money.

...well one of the many reasons.

I would like to make a correction .

it is not wrong to buy a season pass once all the DLC is out and you actually know what your gonna get .

But .yes buying a season pass on day one blindly is just asking for dissapointment

louiedog

I would like to make a correction .

it is not wrong to buy a season pass once all the DLC is out and you actually know what your gonna get .

But .yes buying a season pass on day one blindly is just asking for dissapointment

Agreed. Depending on how the other DLC turns out, I will absolutely buy the season pass when it's on sale.

Kifimbo

Guacamelee! PC announcement ?

47uYlwJ.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Eh, development generally takes too long to be very reactive, I'm sure they planned to have a mode like this from the start.

Putting together an arena mode isn't exactly a tall order, though, especially for a full-size studio.

Guacamelee! PC announcement ?

47uYlwJ.jpg

That'd be guess seeing as it popped up in the registry earlier in the year and was quickly renamed to a VTA.

Sajjaja

*Spencer walk on stage on GamesCom*
"Im proud to announce that on the release of the Xbox One will also be the last day of the [much hated] Games for WIndows LIVE service"
*Crowd goes crazy and clapps*
"Im also pleased to announce that the Halo trilogy will be released in november on Steam with Steamworks integration. Dedicated servers. Steam workshop, mod support, trading cards, everything the PC gamer loves will be implemented"
*Crowd goes even more crazy, NeoGaf crashes*
"And before I walk off stage, Im also pleased to announce that the Gears of War trilogy, Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology and the Crackdown franchise will also be released on Steam with Steamworks during the next couple of months."
* Crowd explodes, NeoGAF implodes, Scorsese kisses Phil, Xelios runs naked through NYC for happiness and Grief cries*
*Phil walks off stage*

BELIEVE!

We need every old Ensemble Studios game on Steam. Come onnnn Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds <3 <3

JaseC

Let us know what you think of the game then!

I'm very curious to know how they handled the "arcade" feel of the original!

I'm primarily interested in the multiplayer component (although I'm not exactly fond of the virtually all of the weapons being explosive-based), so I hope there are bots, otherwise I won't be playing it much at all, haha.

I'm starting to think Overkill watched the quicklook for Payday: The Heist back in 2011 and just made all the changes Jeff and Ryan talked about, resulting in Payday 2. Which is an incredible game particularly compared to the first, both mechanically and stylistically. Goldfarb being the lead on it really shows, guns feel and sound amazing.

Grief.exe

Putting together an arena mode isn't exactly a tall order, though, especially for a full-size studio.

That'd be guess seeing as it popped up in the registry earlier in the year and was quickly renamed to a VTA.

And that same app has been seeing tons of updates the past couple weeks.

The Steam Thread always supports more Metroidvanias

iQ1GVeUAf8Abk.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

It also popped up again last week with a bundle with Mutant Blobs

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
*Spencer walk on stage on GamesCom*
"Im proud to announce that on the release of the Xbox One will also be the last day of the [much hated] Games for WIndows LIVE service"
*Crowd goes crazy and clapps*
"Im also pleased to announce that the Halo trilogy will be released in november on Steam with Steamworks integration. Dedicated servers. Steam workshop, mod support, trading cards, everything the PC gamer loves will be implemented"
*Crowd goes even more crazy, NeoGaf crashes*
"And before I walk off stage, Im also pleased to announce that the Gears of War trilogy, Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology and the Crackdown franchise will also be released on Steam with Steamworks during the next couple of months."
* Crowd explodes, NeoGAF implodes, Scorsese kisses Phil, Xelios runs naked through NYC for happiness and Grief cries*
*Phil walks off stage*

BELIEVE!

More like "We're shutting down GFW Live. It's up to developers to patch it out, any game with it still active will cease to function."

Hawkie

After the major clear out giveaway yesterday I am left with two keys.I cannot guarantee if they have been used or not. Anyone who wants to try a key, PM me (1 per person). They are for the following:

Bundle: Fieldrunners, BIT.TRIP BEAT, SpaceChem, and Uplink

Bundle: LIMBO, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery, and Psychonauts

I also have a key returned from the giveaway for Sword of the Stars II (unused). Again PM if interested.

So Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea will require the original game?

It totally should be a standalone expansion like Blood Dragon. I feel like that should be the way to go for all future DLC that is like that.

So you see this post of awesome win:

Giveaway:

Originally Posted by ModBot

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Geneforge Saga #2 -- MB-D3C952741A1AC71A - Taken by I am Michael Bolton
BUNDLE Braid, Lone Survivor, Super Meat Boy -- MB-ECCA1D9B7A5352F3 - Taken by Volotaire
Magicka The Stars are Left DLC -- MB-6708134395B84CE1 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Avernum Second Trilogy -- MB-EB973947C587DF52 - Taken by Gez
Future Wars -- MB-8EAF86A78E4C7E6C - Taken by The_Monk
Geneforge Saga -- MB-C068659096CF584C - Taken by Madrugador
Puzzle Agent -- MB-C86B3F270101015D - Taken by Fuu
Nethergate: Resurrection -- MB-C54866A057352236 - Taken by SalsaShark
Nightsky -- MB-46938F8FFBA9B2AF - Taken by C00kie M0nster
Avernum: Escape From the Pit -- MB-79183A85C9AB8276 - Taken by Dimitri2401
Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-DD76D0CBE36CED07 - Taken by derExperte
Trapped Dead -- MB-A67074FFFD54E85C - Taken by JakeD
All Zombies Must Die -- MB-BB210109AD6C0731 - Taken by Nabs
Sol Exodus -- MB-0477EE188B4F8961 - Taken by SmarterUnconscious
Mutant Storm Reloaded -- MB-47FF3E591D0C340C - Taken by Crayons
Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- MB-D0B7FDE711B3490E - Taken by Kifimbo
Gish -- MB-32BC88608A672F70 - Taken by PandaPedinte
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword -- MB-EEF9CC74A30924DD - Taken by drizzle
Fractal -- MB-DCC910A452330387 - Taken by maneil99
Waking Mars -- MB-43C3387E129D2BF7 - Taken by Pestilence11
Titan Quest -- MB-6F161E0CC5A3B49C - Taken by NSQuote
BUNDLE Binding of Issac, Blocks that Matter, Gish -- MB-BE36A1B8832B1D3A - Taken by bobnowhere
BUNDLE Anomaly Warzone Earth, EDGE, Osmos, World of Goo -- MB-53BE218C91D3288B - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-7E063D3BF0ABE873 - Taken by didamangi
Frozen Synapse -- MB-E3548A077944A344 - Taken by Cth
Sword of the Stars II -- MB-36F200BA09B7B5E3 - Taken by scorpscarx
Victoria II -- MB-46862D23B6B988EC - Taken by Stumpokapow
Aquaria -- MB-E8B7811E1BE3B7AD - Taken by phantomspiker
Magicka Collection -- MB-E39EC44CD61E4947 - Taken by BruteUA
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-1CB524C2B2BF3040 - Taken by Deques
Cubemen -- MB-ECBB859AC5195529 - Taken by Lingitiz
Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-575C376AE09A0BF7 - Taken by Cheddahz
Sword of the Stars Complete -- MB-809612A24FFE72B3 - Taken by Turfster
McPixel -- MB-EA49917FA7A2C485 - Taken by Miizy F Baby

Well I congratulated Hawkie on such an awesome splurge of gifting and this was his reply:

i managed to pick it all up in a lot sale and wanted to do a giveaway. there was one thing i wanted from it but the key was already activated lol

:/

This was what he was after:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13237/

I think you good people [especially those who won!] know what to do :p.

Don't bother about Blackwell Convergence though as I've just gifted it to him :p.

Hop to it people!

theytookourjobz

Can't wait for RoTT. Preload is great too!

Not sure why everyone went gaga over Guacamelee though. It was good but I wouldn't be too disappointed if a PC port doesn't come.

Grief.exe

It totally should be a standalone expansion like Blood Dragon. I feel like that should be the way to go for all future DLC that is like that.

This is actually a good point.

All of those pieces of DLC should be standalone, the story pieces aren't even connected to the main game.

Can't wait for RoTT. Preload is great too!

Not sure why everyone went gaga over Guacamelee though. It was good but I wouldn't be too disappointed if a PC port doesn't come.

Yeah Guacamelee was good and polished, but nothing exceptional.

Some people just go crazy over any kind of "Metroidvania".
This is actually a good point.

All of those pieces of DLC should be standalone, the story pieces aren't even connected to the main game.

Exactly. If it was a direct continuation of the story I could understand the requirement, but with something like this (it probably won't be entirely disconnected), a standalone release would make so much more sense and increase the number of potential customers.

theytookourjobz

Blood Dragon and Infamous: Festival of Blood were definitely anomalies. I doubt it will ever become the norm because as it is, DLC is publisher's last line of defense against used game sales.

JaseC

Yeah. It's also been updated a lot lately. They also created a Guac + Tales from Space pack the other day.
And that same app has been seeing tons of updates the past couple weeks.
It also popped up again last week with a bundle with Mutant Blobs

Nice.

Yeah Guacamelee was good and polished, but nothing exceptional.

Some people just go crazy over any kind of "Metroidvania".

It's slim pickings on the PC... in part thanks to Epic not greenlighting a PC port of Shadow Complex.

Grief.exe

It's slim pickings on the PC... in part thanks to Epic not greenlighting a PC port of Shadow Complex.

Epic still blaming the consumers for Gears of War selling poorly.

Ya its our fault that we didn't want to buy a game riddled with DRM and then charge us for XBL on top of that.

If you guys have a GBA I would recommend picking up Aria of Sorrow. Its one of the best Metroidvanias I have ever played.

JaseC

Ya its our fault that we didn't want to buy a game riddled with DRM and then charge us for XBL on top of that.

I wonder if we'll ever see a Steam release of Gears PC. It's been available digitally via the Marketplace for yonks now.

Sajjaja

If you guys have a GBA I would recommend picking up Aria of Sorrow. Its one of the best Metroidvanias I have ever played.

But single player campaign.....
they actually wanted for us to pay for online on PC?

Oh and Hawkie gave me some keys that might work that were included in the 'caveat emptor' part of the deal.

I said I wouldn't try them if I had no interest in the game and he said it was okay to offer them to fellow GAFers so quote to see!

Grief.exe

But single player campaign.....
they actually wanted for us to pay for online on PC?

During its ongoing Gamefest 2008 developer conference in Seattle, Microsoft announced that it is removing all subscription fees from Games for Windows Live services.

"I believe, from hereon, Games for Windows Live is going to take off," Satchell added...

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19521

Interesting prediction from Chris Satchell there.

Blood Dragon and Infamous: Festival of Blood were definitely anomalies. I doubt it will ever become the norm because as it is, DLC is publisher's last line of defense against used game sales.
Moot point on the PC. They can do whatever they want on the consoles, but on PC there is no reason to require the original game. Almost no one will buy the game just to play the DLC.

I'd totally rebuy Shadow Complex.

It's just that having played Metroid(vanias) starting with Super Metroid, SOTN and the GBA Castlevanias, there is just no game that has been released in the genre recently that even came close.

La Mulana is the closest one, but it went a little too far with its crypticness.

I wish those would come to steam in some fashion. the GBA Castlevania games were phenominal, hell even the DS ones were really good too.

Grief.exe

I wish those would come to steam in some fashion. the GBA Castlevania games were phenominal, hell even the DS ones were really good too.

I'm working on my DS collection right now, I just picked up DoS and OoE the other day. My body is ready.

I think it would be more likely to see Symphony of the Night on PC.

Bringing those type of games to PC would be strange because there would be no way to run the game at a higher resolution than 240x160 due to stretching.

I'm working on my DS collection right now, I just picked up DoS and OoE the other day. My body is ready.

I think it would be more likely to see Symphony of the Night on PC.

Bringing those type of games to PC would be strange because there would be no way to run the game at a higher resolution than 240x160 due to stretching.

Or we could see Castlevania: Harmony of Despair on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom