• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a game is greenlighted how much time does it takes to be in the shop? I'm still waiting for Cognition.

Depends on the Dev. If the game is finished and ready to go it could get the same day or one day later on Steam. But then probably without Steamworks.

With Steamworks it could take a few weeks if not months.

If you guys have a GBA I would recommend picking up Aria of Sorrow. Its one of the best Metroidvanias I have ever played.
I was actually thinking of getting one of those Rose Colored Gaming GBAs and starting a collection. They're just so slick.

But I'm probably getting a 3DSXL soon so that wouldn't be the best use of money.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Depends on the Dev. If the game is finished and ready to go it could get the same day or one day later on Steam. But then probably without Steamworks.

With Steamworks it could take a few weeks if not months.

Steamworks wouldn't take months to implement, unless it was a single person doing it in their spare time (of which they had very, very little).

What is more a hold up at this point is just simply fitting it into the release schedule so it isn't overshadowed by other games.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Steamworks wouldn't take months to implement, unless it was a single person doing it in their spare time (of which they had very, very little).

What is more a hold up at this point is just simply fitting it into the release schedule so it isn't overshadowed by other games.

Dylan Fitterer did it in a day on a ghetto ass engine for the first Audiosurf game. He is a God above all indies, but people really do have no excuse.

XShagrath

With all this negative talk on Bioshock this morning, would anyone actually be interested in playing it? I've got one from the AMD promotion, and I already own the game. If there is genuine interest (and everyone doesn't already have it), I'll throw it on ModBot later.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
'reportedly', as it's the same team that did BioInf, they started DLC right after BioInf shipped. Doesn't mean they didn't know what was coming before actual work started on it.

I'd certainly believe that work began on the story-related DLC after the game shipped, sure.

Sajjaja

With all this negative talk on Bioshock this morning, would anyone actually be interested in playing it? I've got one from the AMD promotion, and I already own the game. If there is genuine interest (and everyone doesn't already have it), I'll throw it on ModBot later.

I would.

Xanathus

Nope, not a single person on GAF would accept a free copy of Bioshock Infinite. Worse than getting Bad Rats, it is.
sarcasm

Fireblend

Banned

I'd be more than glad to take it off your hands.

DukeBobby

I imagine many people would be interested in playing it.

Yes please.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Yep, definitely. Throw it into a raffle!

I already own it but I'm sure there are many people who would appreciate it! Thanks in advance if you give it away ;)

Grief.exe

I was actually thinking of getting one of those Rose Colored Gaming GBAs and starting a collection. They're just so slick.

But I'm probably getting a 3DSXL soon so that wouldn't be the best use of money.

GBA has a ridiculous library of games. I fully recommend picking one up.

You can get a GBA SP 101 or Micro with backlights, the latter being harder to find.
I just picked up a 101 for cheap this week. I already have a micro, but I need to play those GB/GBC games.

I will be getting a 3DS XL on the 11th when the all black launches.

Shantom

I'm disappointed that the first DLC is short on story, but the main game is probably my GOTY. I'm sure people would be interested.

Grief.exe

I'd take it...but I'll just try and flip it for Rage.

Dawg

YES

I missed it during the sales so I'm in. Make a raffle though :p

Looks like a price mistake on Rising Storm? Only meant to be 50% off.

Looks like it. Don't care about it though. Price mistake on Zeno Clash II would've been way cooler.

The other Carpe Fulgur games are 75% off as well, as is the collection (it's not cheaper than the games bought individually though for some reason)

Shantom

Yep. Unlike a lot of people here I loved the gunplay because of the variety, killing a group of enemes with tonics and then jumping onto a skyline to swing around and pick off the remainder was a lot of fun. The story, and especially the ending, was excellent too so it lived up to the hype for me.

Grief.exe

CAPITALISM, HO!!!

I always read that as 'Capitalism Ho' instead of 'Capitalism, ho!'

Grief.... you know what to do ;D

lol last time I got banned for that

It's not a shining example of great gameplay, but I can understand why the novel narrative experience would leave a lasting positive impression on some.

My argument would be, the Game of the Year literally has Game in the title. You better have more than a narrative experience in your Game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Heh, I love Bioshock Infinite and I assume it will be high up there in many lists during the gaf goty voting this year too. Didn't have problems with the gameplay either, maybe I'm lenient.

I don't have a goty yet so far though. I'm terrible at picking favorites.

GBA has a ridiculous library of games. I fully recommend picking one up.

You can get a GBA SP 101 or Micro with backlights, the latter being harder to find.
I just picked up a 101 for cheap this week. I already have a micro, but I need to play those GB/GBC games.

I will be getting a 3DS XL on the 11th when the all black launches.
I've given up on Craigslisting a graphite 101 and I'm sure I'd be disappointed in the condition of the ones I do find. I'll just pick up one of these when the funds align for it:
9342206_orig.jpg

Their modded NGPCs are hot as well.

Okay, enough handheld talk for me this is very OT. :p

Knurek

It's slim pickings on the PC... in part thanks to Epic not greenlighting a PC port of Shadow Complex.

Umm, Cave Story+, La Mulana, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Aquaria, Dust: An Elysian Tail, FEZ, Toki Tori 2+, Bunny Must Die, Treasure Adventure Game, Darksiders, Hell Yeah!, Knytt Underground, Poacher, Unepic.

Doesn't seem like that slim to me. :)

Umm, Cave Story+, La Mulana, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Aquaria, Dust: An Elysian Tail, FEZ, Toki Tori 2+, Bunny Must Die, Treasure Adventure Game, Darksiders, Hell Yeah!, Knytt Underground, Poacher, Unepic.

You use a very broad definition of Metroidvania. I wouldn't consider half of these to fit in the genre.

EDIT Darksiders?

FloatOn

work is slow today so I finally got around to watching that giant bomb quick look on The Bureau.

I'm totally sold on the game but not enough to pick it up anytime soon. I still have Enemy Unknown to finish for crying out loud.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
My argument would be, the Game of the Year literally has Game in the title. You better have more than a narrative experience in your Game.

Yeah, giving game of the year to a non-game is like collecting empty DVD cases for your digital games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Well, if you want to be generous and include games with Metroidvania elements, then, sure, there is a fair selection.

Grief.exe

work is slow today so I finally got around to watching that giant bomb quick look on The Bureau.

I'm totally sold on the game but not enough to pick it up anytime soon. I still have Enemy Unknown to finish for crying out loud.

Finish it! The last mission is so much fun

iY6MiIXFIFjwh.jpg

Yeah, giving game of the year to a non-game is like collecting empty DVD cases for your digital games.

Air is a precious resource.

XShagrath

This is my first giveaway through ModBot. I don't participate in the thread that much, but read it quite a bit and am amazed at the generosity of some of our members. I wanted to go ahead and give something back to you guys. Made it a 24 hour raffle so that the most amount of people would get a chance to win.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock Infinite -- MB-8E5A485575B98128 - Taken by PriitV

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom