• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing about this sale I am pissed that I missed is picking up Sine Mora for 75% off.

I want to kick myself over that. Any chance it will be on sale again soon?

I just got this e-mail from Amazon.
Thank you for purchasing Saints Row The Third: The Full Package from Amazon.com. Your purchase entitles you to a $5 credit towards the pre-order of Saints Row IV.
And I didn't buy SR3 Full Package from Amazon.

Checking the order number I see that they are giving the credit if you bought SR3 from Amazon, no need to buy it full package.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Are these Saints Row 3 DLC packs too game-breaking? I don't like overpowered vehicles and weapons, even though this doesn't seem to be a series where you worry about things like this.

Darkroronoa

WTF the new Humble bundle is crazy!

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Pay what you want:
Saints Row: The Third
Saints Row 2
Risen 2: Dark Waters
Sacred 2 Gold

Mora than 7.55:
Dead Island GOTY
Game boxlock icon SR3 Full Package (SR3 DLC!)

$25 or more (37% off!):
Dead Island Riptide

Cool! I wanted SR3 and sacred 2 ,i might bite and pay for dead island too.

So is Deep Silver in financial trouble? Why would you do a bundle like this otherwise?

To get a bunch of money :p

mojo2

Neo Member
Anyone doing Rising Storm foursome? I'd like to get on board but am too lazy to organize such fest by myself.
Got Paypal.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Cool! I wanted SR3 and sacred 2 ,i might bite and pay for dead island too.

To get a bunch of money :p

beat the Average is worth it for Saint's Row The Third + DLC alone.

Dead Island GOTY is an OK game, you don't really need the GOTY though - it does add an extra playable character...

It's an overall good bundle, it's just that I already have everything (except Sacred 2, that's why I only paid 1 dollar) and 25 for riptide is not really worth it.

Nymphae

Banned
God damnit I am tempted to pick this up for the SR3 DLC. I don't even care about the other games, but for like 5 bucks?

cicero

Might just pass on this humble bundle, Risen 2 doesn't look very good according to reviews, don't know what Sacred 2 is and that only leaves Saints Row 2 for me.

Really, forget this one then
Why??! It is only ONE DOLLAR to get Steam activation codes for Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row 2, Risen 2: Dark Waters, and Sacred 2 Gold. One Dollar.

I've only played Saints Row 3 a little bit on the 360 so got the bundle just for that. Other games are a bonus.

As for people asking about Dead Island. I had a lot of fun playing it with friends. It isn't a great game on your own though.

KarmaCow

Why??! It is only ONE DOLLAR to get Steam activation codes for Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row 2, Risen 2: Dark Waters, and Sacred 2 Gold. One Dollar.

Buying games simply because they're cheap is a dangerous path. :p

and I still can't get the Castlevania demo after restarting Steam twice. :(

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I passed on Recettear during the Steam sale, and now that it's at a price i'd pay for it i'm broke too lol.
Yeah, I'd love to have Recettear right now. The demo is fantastic! I made it through the first week so can't wait to continue on from there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I read in the other thread that the keys aren't separate? Does this mean I have to activate every game in the bundle if I want to activate 1?

There are two sets of keys. One key for everything in the $1 tier, and one key for the BTA tier.

Smash88

Banned
The Humble Bundle is pretty lackluster actually.

The only good game on that list is Saints Row 3.

Everything ranges from mediocre to flat out garbage.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I read in the other thread that the keys aren't separate? Does this mean I have to activate every game in the bundle if I want to activate 1?

Every tier is a different key.

Saint's Row 2 and 3, Risen 2 and Sacred 2 are one key.

Saint's Row 3 DLC and Dead Island GOTY are one key.

Dead Island Riptide is, probably, one key.

vermadas

There are four Deep Silver bundles in the registry

Deep Silver Bundle A
Deep Silver Bundle B
Deep Silver Bundle C
Deep Silver Bundle D

Bundle C is the only one not active now so I assume it will be a bonus later on. It has Metro 2033, Risen 1 and Sacred Citadel

Am I correct when I say you don't have to pay the BTA price to get the bonuses as long as you purchase the bundle before the bonuses are live?

I might be interested now if those are the bonus games...

Any thoughts on Sacred 2?

Ehhhh. it's OK enough. Not as good as Torchlight, or Van Helsing. Around the same level as Dungeon Siege 3. The art design is kind of hilariously janky (one of the characters is an egyptian-god / dog-headed robot with a laser arm, fer chrissakes), but it gets credit for not taking itself too seriously (Blind Guardian did the euro-rock ST, and they're actually characters in the game with their own cheesy quest).

If you really like Diablo style games, it's a competent enough entry in that style of game. If you don't, it's not going to change your mind.

Nymphae

Banned
Every tier is a different key.

Saint's Row 2 and 3, Risen 2 and Sacred 2 are one key.

Saint's Row 3 DLC and Dead Island GOTY are one key.

Dead Island Riptide is, probably, one key.

Ah ok. Bummer because I kind of wanted SR2 as well but whatever, probably won't play it when I have 3 (even though I find 2 to be a better game in many ways). Maybe I'll just grab it anyway & give some shit away here :)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ah ok. Bummer because I kind of wanted SR2 as well but whatever, probably won't play it when I have 3 (even though I find 2 to be a better game in many ways). Maybe I'll just grab it anyway & give some shit away here :)

1. Pay 5 dollars and get Saints Row 2 and the Saints Row 3 DLC (along with everything).
2. Pay 1 dollar, get another key and give it away in the thread.
3. Be happy about yourself

Alternative scenario:

1. Pay 5 dollars and get what you want
2. Fuck giving a key away because it's goddamn 1 dollar people should just buy it jesus fuck

Nymphae

Banned
1. Pay 5 dollars and get Saints Row 2 and the Saints Row 3 DLC (along with everything).
2. Pay 1 dollar and give the key with 4 games in here
3. Be happy about yourself

That is a good idea, thank you sir!

Edit: Your alternate scenario is also a good idea! Don't be cheap fuckers! :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
And once again, the "always buy the Humble bundle, even if has no games you're interested in, at least for a dollar, so you can get the bonuses later" rule is proven to be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom