• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

Oh noez, just figured, how to pay with my credit card on humblebundle just now. Would've liked to buy the soundtrack-pack last week. Well...

Will pass on the Deep Silver one though. Already have Saint's Row 3, not interested in 2, Neither in Sacred, & only a little bit in Risen 2. Boring...

Damn, I would have bitten at $15. $27 means "wait for a bigger discount".

I think it's a good price bro, taking into account that it have both dlc, I know that it's a 3 year old game, but man, it's an awesome game!

The only thing I'm a little upset it's that they didn't added the OST!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Above the average is $4.40.

On my humble page I get this:
"Make sure your total is over $4.68 to unlock Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row: The Third Season Pass."

Why?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Once again, just like Mortal Kombat:

Price for Castlevania is amazing, I won't buy it because I already finished the game plus the DLC on consoles.

Will buy on 66%-75% sale.

"Make sure your total is over $4.68 to unlock Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row: The Third Season Pass."

Why?

Because it went up since you loaded the page.

KarmaCow

I can't get the Castlevania demo either.

Why?

The average you need to beat is locked to when you bought it.

Milamber

I think they were working on a fourth game but i haven't heard anything from them lately myself. :/

Is the Castlevania demo working for anyone else?
They are working on other games, they just can't announce anything yet. I think they've been sitting on it for a while now.
Thanks.

They should at least update their blog from time to time. This total silence is worrying.

I bought 1 on the summer sale, because I had bought 2 on a previous Nuuvem sale for like 4 dollars.

Double Oops.

Such is the life of backloggers.

It really sucks when a bundle like this comes around and you realize how much you paid for these games even at 75% off or more.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It really sucks when a bundle like this comes around and you realize how much you paid for these games even at 75% off or more.

I don't know... I paid like 7 bucks for Risen 1 and 2 combined, months apart.

I wouldn't have a better place to spend those 6 bucks now if I didn't buy the games back then.

If that money went to the developer, it was money well spent, I guess.

I'd be pissed if I bought them at Launch Prices or close to launch prices... but at 75% off? Meh...

Salsa

I don't know... I paid like 7 bucks for Risen 1 and 2 combined, months apart.

I wouldn't have a better place to spend those 6 bucks now if I didn't buy the games back then.

If that money went to the developer, it was money well spent, I guess.

yeah there's not much of a point in being bummer over this. I've bought my share number of games at full price (even AAA stuff) on release and only started to play them by the time they were available for $5 or on a bundle.

I was looking up Sacred Citadel and it looks kinda bad, is there something I'm missing?

it's a beat em up and I just got an arcade stick, i'll take it

drizzle

Axel Hertz
yeah there's not much of a point in being bummer over this. I've bought my share number of games at full price (even AAA stuff) on release and only started to play them by the time they were available for $5 or on a bundle.

Sometimes, that's the only reason why I started playing them in the first place. "I bought this at launch, now it's 5 bucks. Well, I better play it then!"

hlhbk

Anyone who thinks $27 is to much for Castlevania LOS and all its DLC is crazy. As long as the port is good (how is the demo for those able to download it?) support the devs!

cicero

I don't just put games on my account I have no intention of playing.
Buying games simply because they're cheap is a dangerous path. :p
What kind of sick twisted logic is this?! Buying games simply because they are cheap and putting them on your account without having any specific intention of playing them is what these Steam threads are all about. WWJD.

What Would JaseC Do?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Anyone who thinks $27 is to much for Castlevania LOS and all its DLC is crazy. As long as the port is good (how is the demo for those able to download it?) support the devs!

But.. I already bought it and the DLC on the 360 and finished it.

I already supported the developers. Now I just want the superior version for cheaper.. :D

Edit: Don't get me wrong, price is great and I would have pre-ordered it if I didn't both already own and beat it.

XShagrath

I was looking up Sacred Citadel and it looks kinda bad, is there something I'm missing?
I ran through it and it was decent. Think Golden Axe with a leveling mechanic. I got stuck on the last level, as it's 10x more difficult than the rest of the game. Granted, I didn't power level my guy to max stats, but the rest of the game is pretty much a breeze. I haven't gotten back to it to try to beat that last guy again.

Milamber

What kind of sick twisted logic is this?! Buying games simply because they are cheap and putting them on your account without having any specific intention of playing them is what these Steam threads are all about. WWJD.

What Would JaseC Do?
He'd buy them regardless they are on sale or not.

Freezard

Is the Dead Island DLC worth $4.5? I already played the game, don't have the DLC and I don't really want any of the other games.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
In no rush to play LOS so I'll wait for a sale. My personal rule is that I only pay >$15 if I'm going to play the game immediately.

perhaps a stupid question but has anyone else trouble to download it or am i too early ?

That's not a stupid question man, but I haven't downloaded it yet, I'll wait for some Gaffers impressions about it!

I hope anyone who is downloading it right know can help you!

tjohn86

So I own dead island already but none of the DLC.. If I use this dead island GOTY key will it be listed twice in my games list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom