• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

So how is this Shadowrun game? I've got mad steam card cash burning a hole in my pocket here.

- great writing, art, music and atmosphere
- serviceable combat
- you're basically lead through a bunch of levels with dialogue and combat without any backtracking (unless it's in the plot)
- save system kinda sucks: you can't save manually, but there are regular checkpoints in set places; there are 38 checkpoints and the game takes 8-12 hours to finish, so they are pretty frequent

The save problem could be much worse, all thank to the game design: you literally don't have to save/load for anything, because there's always pretty much only one way you can go or one thing you can do. It can get annoying when you die right after several battles and discover you have to replay all of them though. Otherwise it's mostly fine (although the absence of such a major feature is still inexcusable).

I'd say get it, it's amazing for what it is.

ibgtmIdqrMVXna.png

Glad to see this used :p

nexen

- great writing, art, music and atmosphere
- serviceable combat
- you're basically lead through a bunch of levels with dialogue and combat without any backtracking (unless it's in the plot)
- save system kinda sucks: you can't save manually, but there are regular checkpoints in set places; there are 38 checkpoints and the game take 8-12 hours to finish, so they are pretty frequent

The save problem could be worse, because of the game design: you literally don't have to save/load for anything, because there's always pretty much only one way. It can get annoying when you die right after several battles and discover you have to replay all of them. Otherwise it's mostly fine (although still inexcusable).

I'd say get it, it's amazing for what it is.

Thanks. Ugh, that save issue is a killer for me though since I never know how much contiguous gaming time I'm going to get. Do you know if they plan on fixing it?

XShagrath

Just posting this up again in case anyone missed it a few pages ago. Apologies in advance to the people that already entered.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock Infinite --MB-8E5A485575B98128 - Taken by PriitV

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yea, but at least I could give the other games to people who want those lol.

It's one dollar. Buy another one and give it away if that's the issue.

Again, it's one dollar. I've given away more when paying for ebay purchases through paypal and one of those "donate 2 dollars for whatever thing we have going this week to help the needy" checkbox shows up on checkout.

Tenrius

Thanks. Ugh, that save issue is a killer for me though since I never know how much contiguous gaming time I'm going to get. Do you know if they plan on fixing it?

They are mostly like 10-20 minutes away and the combat is very easy. I don't think they released any plans for that so far, but with all the sales they're getting, they might do it.

It was actually a resource limitation, not a choice. That's what they said, anyway.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's shit. Read the Steam forum.
No no, you got the order wrong.

"Read the Steam forum. It's shit."

On second thought, don't. Your brain will melt. You'd be better off with the comments section on Youtube.

That's my job bro! As you can see my avatar proves it, I'm Death :D

As you said, it's not the right time to buy it then, you have a lot of things to pay, so wait for the next sale!

In my case I'm on the fence, I think I'm going to test the demo and then I might pre-order it!
Why did I have to buy all that stuff I'll never play? I could have bought this game instead (and never play it either.)

nexen

They are mostly like 10-20 minutes away and the combat is very easy. I don't think they released any plans for that so far, but with all the sales they're getting, they might do it.

It was actually a resource limitation, not a choice. That's what they said, anyway.

Hm, not so bad then. Not enough Cyperpunk styled goodness these days, I'll probably bite.

this cloudberry kingdom thing looks dope man

"waahh meat boy is hard
Oh god, I'm staying far away from that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
No no, you got the order wrong.

"Read the Steam forum. It's shit."

On second thought, don't. Your brain will melt. You'd be better off with the comments section on Youtube.

Youtube comments have gotten much better over the years and I rarely complain about them. Reddit, on the other hand, has become the cesspool.

HoosTrax

isKzsYIQTiaac.gif

this cloudberry kingdom thing looks dope man

"waahh meat boy is hard"
I can't tell from looking at the gif, but you can hit one of the buttons to have the computer play a generated level for you. This also acts as a "proof of concept" that the auto-generated level is theoretically possible to complete.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The levels are randomly generated and if you push all the sliders up to max difficulty you get this.

Kinda neat if the game has an AI check to see if it can complete it before giving you it.

Edit:
I can't tell from looking at the gif, but you can hit one of the buttons to have the computer play a generated level for you. This also acts as a "proof of concept" that the auto-generated level is theoretically possible to complete.

Kinda neat!

nexen

Oh sweet, action-based AI search.

Salsa

This was a Kickstarter game, too.

im kinda bummed that it didnt go that route and ended up with Ubisoft grabbing it and publishing it

for no reason in particular other than some odd fear of Ubisoft screwing it up (or the IP or something) eventually

what if it has Uplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom