• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no, you got the order wrong.

"Read the Steam forum. It's shit."

On second thought, don't. Your brain will melt. You'd be better off with the comments section on Youtube.

Why did I have to buy all that stuff I'll never play? I could have bought this game instead (and never play it either.)

Good question my friend... that's the question that all we have in mind "Why did I buy all this fucking games that I'll never play? lol

liezryou

Loved recettear other two games from carpe fulgar look like shit. Should i pick up either of them?

Also screw not having individual keys on the new humble bundle. I have DI and SR2 and i want all the other games :(. Makes me not want to buy it.

Tak3n

Banned
From Gamestop (I guess this is why it is not live yet)

Konami launching demo July 31 through Steam for Ultimate Edition of upcoming action title; full game due August 27.

HoosTrax

im kinda bummed that it didnt go that route and ended up with Ubisoft grabbing it and publishing it

for no reason in particular other than some odd fear of Ubisoft screwing it up (or the IP or something) eventually

what if it has Uplay
The PC version does not use uPlay.

im kinda bummed that it didnt go that route and ended up with Ubisoft grabbing it and publishing it

for no reason in particular other than some odd fear of Ubisoft screwing it up (or the IP or something) eventually

what if it has Uplay

I'm so happy for them. They got a pub interested.

Crayons

Banned
RPhVjT4.png

Hngggg!

Oh Recettear is on sale! Buy it everyone!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Loved recettear other two games from carpe fulgar look like shit. Should i pick up either of them?

Also screw not having individual keys on the new humble bundle. I have DI and SR2 and i want all the other games :(. Makes me not want to buy it.

Why? These are digital products that take up no space and are basically infinite. There is no waste.

Decide if the 5 dollars for the games you want is worth it and move on with your life.

IamAwake

what if it has Uplay

Only Steam. No Uplay at all thankfully!

Blitzhex

Can I get the HB SR3 full package and activate it on my steam to get all dlc, if I already own the game? Or would it say I own the game and not activate?

XShagrath

humble bundle complaints are some next level shit that my brain just cant handle
Agreed.

Ideally, it would be separate keys so we could gift the unneeded ones. But it's just $1! If I wanted one game on the list, I'd just pony up the buck.

I already had Saints Row 3 and Sacred 2 (on 360), but went for BTA anyways for Dead Island (which I also have on 360 but never played) and the other games.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row: The Third

Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Bundle Deep Silver -- MB-8307C8B327DA1C26 - Taken by BorntoPlay

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Youtube comments have gotten much better over the years and I rarely complain about them. Reddit, on the other hand, has become the cesspool.
I never browse Reddit, so I can't say. I may have to venture in that wasteland, just for research purposes.

and to feel better about myself

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I never browse Reddit, so I can't say. I may have to venture in that wasteland, just for research purposes.

and to feel better about myself

Reddit's comments can be deceiving because, on the face of it, it's just a bunch of white guys dropping racist slurs and collecting thumbs-up from their peers for doing so.

What makes it truly infuriating is that these people think they're better than places like 4chan and Youtube.

The HIB is only one key for all the games?

I don't know why people are acting like this is a betrayal, it's the same policy they've had on a lot of their bundles: 1 key for the non-beat-the-average games and another for the beat-the-average games (and another for the $25 tier).

Salsa

Reddit's comments can be deceiving because, on the face of it, it's just a bunch of white guys dropping racist slurs and collecting thumbs-up from their peers for doing so.

What makes it truly infuriating is that these people think they're better than places like 4chan and Youtube.

first like, 3 things on the front page of reddit are ussually worth looking at

then it gets ugly fast

it's a good example of internet democracy and how sometimes a bit of it is good in a sea full of shit

I don't know why people are acting like this is a betrayal, it's the same policy they've had on a lot of their bundles: 1 key for the non-beat-the-average games and another for the beat-the-average games (and another for the $25 tier).

It's still a great deal, but it's a little 'okay then'.

Salsa

so no one else has the store displaying a blank (well, black) page with nothing on it (only on client, fine on web)?

im at a loss

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Good question my friend... that's the question that all we have in mind "Why did I buy all this fucking games that I'll never play? lol
Ohh no, you seem to have misunderstood me. I asked why did I pick up that particular game instead of Castlevania, neither of which I'll play :p

To be honest, I want to play both, especially AAI in preparation for Ace Attorney 5.

Why? These are digital products that take up no space and are basically infinite. There is no waste.

Decide if the 5 dollars for the games you want is worth it and move on with your life.
This is so true I want to tattoo these words on my forehead. Don't base your purchase on the games you'd be "missing" (which isn't actually true, because you already own them; you just won't get a spare copy), base it on the ones you'd get for that money. If the price is right, buy. If not, then skip them.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Can I get the HB SR3 full package and activate it on my steam to get all dlc, if I already own the game? Or would it say I own the game and not activate?
Yes you can, I did it when I got the Full Package from Amazon for $2.50 on the last Winter Seal.

Sajjaja

According to the ToS of eBay, can't sell digital items in the auction section (only the classifieds.) I know. I got scammed on there. All these Steam listings are breaching ToS yet eBay won't give two shits.

Eusis

you should have a read on the Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny steam forum, it seems like they released a game which is totally broken, and not even in English....
Man, I searched here to see what was being said about the game, and I come to this and talking beards. Ah well, we'll see what happens to it by the time the next big sales event happens, though I think I bought the original off of GOG anyway.

fernandes

Is re-selling bundle keys even illegal or against the terms? Can we report them to ebay or there's just nothing that can be done about it?

edit: got my answer above just as I was posting.

Cth

Just found about five HIB keys in my inbox from past bundles. Any way to see if they have been activated or not?

I think someone described a method in the last thread(?)

Something like email gifting it to yourself.

Sorry that doesn't help much, but maybe it'll spark someone else's memory.

liezryou

$1. Just one measly dollar.

I have everything but Sacred 2 but that sure as hell won't stop me buying it.

DI is only available in the second tier package, which is what i said. I am not debating over the 1$ games, I am debating over the second tier package. Paying 4.5$ extra just for all the saints row 3 DLC seems a bit ridiculous when the complete package has been on sale numerous times for same or cheaper.

Now if i could giveaway the DI: GOTY or possibly trade it or even sell it to subsidize some of the cost that would be another thing. I'll just probably end up getting the 1$ package anyway.

I think someone described a method in the last thread(?)

Something like email gifting it to yourself.

Sorry that doesn't help much, but maybe it'll spark someone else's memory.

I went into my Steam Account.

I found the Humble Bundle games, but I'm still wary, because eve though one says Retail and the others say Gift/Guest Pass, it's still iffy.

I don't want to throw up a giveaway for games that are dead.

Hanzou

Can anyone confirm when entering a mod bit giveaway if you copy the whole line including the game name or if you start at the "MB"? I have heard conflicting things for some reason. Faq makes it seem like the whole line but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom