• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found about five HIB keys in my inbox from past bundles. Any way to see if they have been activated or not?

Not sure if this is reliable or not but if you have a HIB account, check your account page for each specific bundle, if you have to click to show your steam key you probably didn't use it yet.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I went into my Steam Account.

I found the Humble Bundle games, but I'm still wary, because eve though one says Retail and the others say Gift/Guest Pass, it's still iffy.

I don't want to throw up a giveaway for games that are dead.
Have you checked your humble bundle account? Do you make a habit of hitting the steam key button even if you don't plan on redeeming the key?

Fireblend

Banned
I'll get fired if I browse this at work, won't I? Better wait till I get home.

Yes.

Also, people don't really get Reddit. It's very much like Facebook in that the quality of its content depends largely on what content you subscribe to in the first place. There's lots more decent to great communities in there than what any first-time visitor's impressions might suggest after a glance at the front page.

Curiously enough, people complaints about Facebook I've noticed also come from an obvious misunderstanding of how to use it. If you want good content, be sure to only consume the content you want, problem is people use it as a catch-all for everything and then the content they receive degrades as fast as they accept anything they get their hands on and use their friend count as some sort of social rating.

Few people know how to use social media right when they're overwhelmed by content offerings.

morningbus

The Reddit/Facebook comparison would be more apt if Facebook came with a default list of assholes as your friends.

Volotaire

Why??! It is only ONE DOLLAR to get Steam activation codes for Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row 2, Risen 2: Dark Waters, and Sacred 2 Gold. One Dollar.

Already have Saints Row 3 .

Saints Row 2 is apparently a shoddy PC port.

The other two I am not remotely interested in, unless someone can convince me.

It is 1 dollar though, might just dip in.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone confirm when entering a mod bit giveaway if you copy the whole line including the game name or if you start at the "MB"? I have heard conflicting things for some reason. Faq makes it seem like the whole line but I'm not sure.
Both ways work.

Yes.

Also, people don't really get Reddit. It's very much like Facebook in that the quality of its content depends largely on what content you subscribe to in the first place. There's lots more decent to great communities in there than what any first-time visitor's impressions might su after a glance at the front page.

Curiously enough, people complaints about Facebook I've noticed also come from an obvious misunderstanding of how to use it. If you want good content, be sure to only consume the content you want, problem is people use it as a catch-all for everything and then the content they receive degrades as fast as they accept anything they get their hands on and use their friend count as some sort of social rating.

Few people know how to use social media right when they're overwhelmed by content offerings.
I believe people's complaints about Facebook are due to them not daring to remove people they don't like, or at least not putting them on ignore. I don't really think an opt-in (or "invite only") feed can be compared to an opt-out one (or "free to everyone").

I think you already convinced yourself. Get them.

Fireblend

Banned
People during a Steam sale buying dozens of copies of Bad Rats

People during a Humble sale thinking about spending 1 dollar for 3 games.

KuGsj.gif

Not referring to anyone in particular, it's just that it's a silly contrast.

Wynnebeck

Banned
LOL Just saw the daily deal and thought it was pretty funny Recettear showed up after everyone lamented over it in the Summer Sale.

Salsa

delete everything in the steam folder except Steam Apps and the exe

start the exe and let it repopulate.

Salsa, guess what game I am about to start?

pretty sure this shit will screw up all my custom icons and force me to reinstall skins

ughgughghguhguhguhguhghg

what game

morningbus

Yes and yes.
Yeah, you're going to have to manually collate that information by checking the humble keys against your account and hoping you didn't accidentally already give one away.

In the future, I'd suggest redeeming only the keys you are going to use. Humble will never run of the keys, so there is no rush to hit that redeem on Steam button.

Tak3n

Banned
Man, I searched here to see what was being said about the game, and I come to this and talking beards. Ah well, we'll see what happens to it by the time the next big sales event happens, though I think I bought the original off of GOG anyway.

it is a definite avoid by the looks of it, apparently they have emergency patched the language but there is still a lot of German in there

I really should get my blog up and commit to reviewing games.

That way I make sense of this gaming addiction

Hah, I know that feeling. Every new release inspires me to start writing up again, but then I realise that I'd actually have to bother with a whole new site and set it up beforehand. One day!

I swear Cloudberry Kingdom was due to release on 31st July when I checked Steam earlier, but now it's appearing as August 2nd. Stealth delay? :[

Fonz72

I'll help.

Do it for the charity, man! Pay $5, get games you may or may not play. Give $3 to charity, $1 to devs, and a $1 to Humble.

Bonus charity, give the games away to GAFers!

Looks like a WIN, WIN, WIN!

Volotaire

I'll help.

Do it for the charity, man! Pay $5, get games you may or may not play. Give $3 to charity, $1 to devs, and a $1 to Humble.

Bonus charity, give the games away to GAFers!

Looks like a WIN, WIN, WIN!

You've convinced me. Charity is always a good thing!

mrgone

People during a Steam sale buying dozens of copies of Bad Rats

People during a Humble sale thinking about spending 1 dollar for 3 games.

KuGsj.gif

Not referring to anyone in particular, it's just that it's a silly contrast.

It's easier to spend money when it's in the service of mayhem. Hail Santa!

It's wonderful, a very trippy, atmospheric world. Combat is decent but not great.

It's like Punch Out!! inside one of Maurice Sendak's bad-shellfish nightmares. What's not to love?

Fonz72

LOL Just saw the daily deal and thought it was pretty funny Recettear showed up after everyone lamented over it in the Summer Sale.

Dammmmmnnnn! I forgot about this! So, I suppose today I will end with Carpe Fulgar collection, Humble Bundle, and Indiegala! More than I bought on the Steam sale.

This fuckin' hobby!

You've convinced me. Charity is always a good thing!

Very, very cool.

Crayons

Banned
Gabe is putting up all the games that didn't win community choice except for Conquistador: Expeditions which he decided to rip us off on.

Grief.exe

I think 2K missed a huge opportunity by not including some kind of mutliplayer in The Bureau.

Some kind of horde-mode or co-op where you could play the different classes from the game.
Maybe even have one guy as squad leader, who can slow down time, and coordinate the teams movements through in-game options and over voice chat.

I think 2K missed a huge opportunity by not including some kind of mutliplayer in The Bureau.

Some kind of horde-mode or co-op where you could play the different classes from the game.
Maybe even have one guy as squad leader, who can slow down time, and coordinate the teams movements through in-game options and over voice chat.

I'd love to be a troll squad leader. Never know when I want to just take things slow.

Salsa

deleted everything but exe and steamapps

let steam update from scratch

lost all custom icons

store still doesnt work

fuck my life

Dec

Well geez. Bought Sacred 2 Gold x2 during the Steam sale. Still donated to pick up what I was missing, and the soundtracks in flac are actually a big draw for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom