• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

I'd watch it, but sadly the guy doesn't respect my time.
TB video work as such:

-Stupid intro ("EPIC" is stupid)
-hello this is TB, and I'm either going to wank to this game or completely hate it because I already played this for an hour
-30 minutes of one of the above
-you now need a shower

TB video work as such:

-hello this is TB, and I'm either going to wank to this game or completely hate it because I already played this for an hour
-you now need a shower

I don't much like his videos now days either, but he is basically the only PC gamer reviewer etc that has such a large audience to actually address flaws in PC titles, so I let him slide.

Nabs

I'll probably pick up MK in a day or two. Just waiting on netcode stuff.

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 2m
Framerate is rock solid, no framerate dips during Xray moves or anything, as you would expect. Yup, seems like a good port.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
TB video work as such:

-you now need a shower
Yeah well, I was actually referring to a tweet of his, which I can't find a link of pic of right now. Maybe someone else knows which one I'm talking about, I think it happened during the Xbone DRM debacle.

For those who have Monaco and a Mac, the Mac version just became available for me on Steam.

It completely synced with my progress on the Windows version! I love this!

smr00

Banned
TB video work as such:

-you now need a shower
Although i don't agree with a lot of his opinions towards games he gives the most information out of games i want to know about in video form so that's why i watch him.

Plus it's far less annoying than the trillion lets play videos of people doing stupid voices trying to be funny.

Caerith

Its because you don't get physically sick at low FOVs.

I personally do and it causes motion sickness for many people. That is why having an FOV slider or an ini option is so important.
So, OT I guess, but how does FOV-induced motion sickness work? I understand how it could affect you for an FPS, but is it an issue with 2D games as well?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
pb6Knfa.jpg

Damn, they almost nailed the order. But of course they had to ruin it :/

Sort of depends on why you like DAO.

If you liked the combat and customisation options you'll love BG1 more especially if you wanted even more depth. On the other hand, if you loved the story and characters? You'll find BG1 a very hard slog...but will later go nuts over BG2 if you push through.

I think I read that they are putting the enhanced edition of BG2 on hold though?

What about Neverwinter Nights 2? Specifically about DAO was the combat and customization. I did enjoy the story to some length though.

So, OT I guess, but how does FOV-induced motion sickness work? I understand how it could affect you for an FPS, but is it an issue with 2D games as well?
It's the camera angle and how it affects moving your viewpoint. With a low FOV, the movements you make with your view are exaggerated because of your limited angle, but with a higher FOV you're getting more of your surroundings to make it easier to take in. So it's not really a thing with 2D views, which don't really have FOV in that sense.

It's kind of like the difference between looking around normally versus through a cardboard tube.

metalshade

I honestly don't understand the hate for TB.
I mean, he is British like me, so maybe I get his sense of humour while most of the internet doesn't?

Look what I found in the very bottom small text of Interstellar Marines store page:
© 2013 Zero Point Software A/S. Interstellar Marines is currently in an early pre-alpha state. Expect unfinished features, unbalanced gameplay, unoptimized performance and the occasional bugs and crashes. For the love of the game. WARNING: Prolonged exposure to the awesome vision of Interstellar Marines might result in a severe affection and attachment to science fiction, tactical co-op and first person simulation. All Rights Reserved.

Seems great, also I saw Xelios already bought Kinetic Void, have you played it yet, any first impressions :).

I think I read that they are putting the enhanced edition of BG2 on hold though?

What about Neverwinter Nights 2? Specifically about DAO was the combat and customization. I did enjoy the story to some length though.

Yeah there are licensing issues there.

I know steam thread and all, but I wouldn't bother waiting for the enhanced edition because the GoG versions with mods are better and on sale now.

NWN2 is decent enough and probably closer to DAO only with a lot more options (especially the expansions). But BG2 is really in a class of its own.

Sober

Although i don't agree with a lot of his opinions towards games he gives the most information out of games i want to know about in video form so that's why i watch him.

Plus it's far less annoying than the trillion lets play videos of people doing stupid voices trying to be funny.
There should be timestamps. That would probably make it more bearable but yeah they are usually way better than the crap you try to youtube and look for. Necessary evil I guess.

I mean, he is British like me, so maybe I get his sense of humour while most of the internet doesn't?

npbXoDk.png

Card Boy

Banned

His nationality or his sense of humor is irrelevant, i don't like him because he is actively a dick to his followers, makes insensitive comments and the whole used games fiasco.

denx

Has anybody tried Horizon and Infested Planet? Didn't know about these games until they appeared in Steam. They look interesting.

metalshade

Hummmm.
I dunno, personally I would say he has a dry sense of humour, and he likes to provoke people.
But I guess that that sort of thing is what gets him hated on if the people he is riling up don't see that they are being played.

Salsa

Hummmm.
I dunno, personally I would say he has a dry sense of humour, and he likes to provoke people.
But I guess that that sort of thing is what gets him hated on if the people he is riling up don't see that they are being played.

you really should read up on the whole thing, dude isnt joking, it went on for months

fleck0

Has anyone else entered their Green Man Gaming code for Mortal Kombat?

it's not showing up in my Library and if I try to reenter the code it says I have it and offers to install MK at 107MB. I assume everything will be fine once the game releases - just want to check.

Storm360

The Steam release of MK9 reminded me of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX3KYyc2kdo
TF2 characters to replace Kratos, make it happen.

it's not showing up in my Library and if I try to reenter the code it says I have it and offers to install MK at 107MB. I assume everything will be fine once the game releases - just want to check.

Sounds like the same is happening for everyone based on the posts over at SPUF aswell

Nabs

That's normal for now.

metalshade

you really should read up on the whole thing, dude isnt joking, it went on for months

Yeah maybe so, I have only ever watched his youtube WTF's so that I can get a general impression of a game, nothing else.
I don't use twitter or facebook or whatever.
Guess I should learn more about WHY people where compalining about him, I had no idea he was saying weird stuff on twitter and wherever.

justjim89

Any idea when 400 Days goes up? I know most likely noon tomorrow, but the new episodes always came at midnight.

Also, the IGN review mentioned it's only an hour and a half. Rather disappointing even for $5, but it's bound to be dense.

Whoa, Infested Planet looks awesome. How does Early Access work?

You buy the game and get to play it in its current state. It's updated by the developer until it's considered complete (and after that through patches, as normal).

It's a way to help fund the development of games. Typically, features are missing and bugs are more prevalent due to its unfinished nature.

denx

Whoa, Infested Planet looks awesome. How does Early Access work? Any impressions?
You can think of it as sort of a pre-order with alpha/beta access. You're basically buying an unfinished game which is going through the late stages of development. Any update to the game is downloaded automatically and when the game is finished, you're updated to the full release version of the game for free.
The steam release makes me think of Kristanna Loken. It makes me smile.
Of course it does.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 2m
Framerate is rock solid, no framerate dips during Xray moves or anything, as you would expect. Yup, seems like a good port.

Because no fps drops during an xray moves is totally the most important box to check for a fighting game port.

TB is a pile of wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom