• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynar

I honestly don't understand the hate for TB.
I mean, he is British like me, so maybe I get his sense of humour while most of the internet doesn't?

Just look at the whole ps4 situation. The guy is a complete tool. Has nothing to do with being british.

chronomac

Looks like neither the old 20% voucher nor the new 25% one work on the 666 deals over at GMG. However, they are offering $1 cash back or $2 GMG credit with any of those hourly deals, which isn't bad. The credit is instant and the cash takes a couple days: "In your bank account in 2-3 working days," according to the site.

yeah im weirded out by the lack of netcode questions/responses

I'm not sure it matters too much.

I'd be pretty surprised if the netcode is any good (ie completely re-written from the terrible console versions). I'd be even more surprised if there is a persistent and active community for longer than a day given the game is more or less dead due to Injustice.

Basically I consider it to be a single player game, which as it happens isn't that bad a thing given it has a lot of that sort of content.

dot

Because no fps drops during an xray moves is totally the most important box to check for a fighting game port.

TB is a pile of wank.

Um, what? They were choppy in the console versions, he's just stating they're 60 fps smoothness.

yeah im weirded out by the lack of netcode questions/responses

"Dunno about the netcode because nobody is online yet"

We get it, you all hate the guy. Can we stop talking about him for once?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Looks like neither the old 20% voucher nor the new 25% one work on the 666 deals over at GMG. However, they are offering $1 cash back or $2 GMG credit with any of those hourly deals, which isn't bad. The credit is instant and the cash takes a couple days: "In your bank account in 2-3 working days," according to the site.

okay well I just paid -0.01 for Rotastic so that's cool.

Thieve

Neo Member
I have to admit

I do watch TB's "WTF is" series of videos
muted

Haha, I do the same. I can appreciate his videos because often I'm looking for actual gameplay, not trailers having little- to no resemblance of actual gameplay. But his "any criticism of me is a personal attack on me sets me to World War 3", and overall how he handles himself, being a public figure is just offputting.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm not sure it matters too much.

I'd be pretty surprised if the netcode is any good (ie completely re-written from the terrible console versions). I'd be even more surprised if there is a persistent and active community for longer than a day given the game is more or less dead due to Injustice.

Basically I consider it to be a single player game, which as it happens isn't that bad a thing given it has a lot of that sort of content.
Yeah, I'm not sure why people are taking this game so seriously. It's not like netcode was the only thing keeping it from being a proper tourney fighter. Just have some single player fun and, if the online is awful, some ridiculous online fun.

Salsa

Yeah, I'm not sure why people are taking this game so seriously.

you're not sure why people are asking about netcode on an online fighting game?

I think people are entitled to get a decent experience without automatically taking it tourney serious. Awful online is never fun

You buy the game and get to play it in its current state. It's updated by the developer until it's considered complete (and after that through patches, as normal).

It's a way to help fund the development of games. Typically, features are missing and bugs are more prevalent due to its unfinished nature.
Ok, thanks

DTKT

I can't believe that Rush Bros games has random-ass stretched backgrounds

large-8-640x350.jpg

dat art direction

I blame greenlight

I think they stole that background.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Army_of_Mushrooms.jpg

Yeah there are licensing issues there.

I know steam thread and all, but I wouldn't bother waiting for the enhanced edition because the GoG versions with mods are better and on sale now.

NWN2 is decent enough and probably closer to DAO only with a lot more options (especially the expansions). But BG2 is really in a class of its own.

What mods do you recommened? I'm very keen on playing this classic games.

DTKT

Yeah there are licensing issues there.

I know steam thread and all, but I wouldn't bother waiting for the enhanced edition because the GoG versions with mods are better and on sale now.

NWN2 is decent enough and probably closer to DAO only with a lot more options (especially the expansions). But BG2 is really in a class of its own.

NWN2 core campaign is pretty bad. It's a cookie-cutter story with a party composed of mostly assholes. There is literally nothing I can really remember about NWN2 and I finished it about 1 month ago.

On the other hand the expansion, Mask of the Betrayer, features one of the best story I have ever seen in a videogame. It helps that the companions are phenomenal and the setting is plenty weird. If you don't want to spend 50 hours crawling through the swamp that is NWN2 OC, skip it and jump directly into MoTB.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played Duken Nukem before, but after I saw the trailer I would like to try the Duken Nukem Proyect Manhattan, well Duken Nukem 1 and 2 also! :D
They are all great. I'd suggest you play them in order (1, 2, 3D, Manhattan Project and Forever -yes, I'm one of the 5 crazy guys who liked that game).

Grief.exe

NWN2 core campaign is pretty bad. It's a cookie-cutter story with a party composed of mostly assholes. There is literally nothing I can really remember about NWN2 and I finished it about 1 month ago.

On the other hand the expansion, Mask of the Betrayer, features one of the best story I have ever seen in a videogame. It helps that the companions are phenomenal and the setting is plenty weird. If you don't want to spend 50 hours crawling through the swamp that is NWN2 OC, skip it and jump directly into MoTB.

Atari always has to remove games from Steam...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I feel really terrible--someone gifted me Skyward Collapse and I accepted it without noting who it was who gifted it to me and now I found out you can't look up who gifted you what? I think it was toddhunter (and if no one replies taking credit for it he's the one I'll be thanking) but if it wasn't toddhunter, please speak up so I can thank you :p

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I feel really terrible--someone gifted me Skyward Collapse and I accepted it without noting who it was who gifted it to me and now I found out you can't look up who gifted you what? I think it was toddhunter (and if no one replies taking credit for it he's the one I'll be thanking) but if it wasn't toddhunter, please speak up so I can thank you :p

Check your email for the gift confirmation email that they push through. It'll have their name in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom