• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the game even showing up in anyones game list after using the key? I didn't try to install the game after using the key and the game is no where in my games list.

Yep. Just go to your account details (top right corner) and you will see MKRetail at the top of your purchase history.

Carm

Yep. Just go to your account details (top right corner) and you will see MKRetail at the top of your purchase history.

Oh it's definitely there, I meant in the actual install/uninstall games lists you click on to play. Normally early released keys, the game would show up there, but not be able to install. It's not there at all, which is strange.

This is a little pet peeve of mine. I mean, look at this shit. Just look at it!
If that bothers you, never get Doom on Steam. I had to put my list in small view to properly illustrate this but not only are the games improperly ordered but they're on completely different continents.

SWAbfSF.png

Caerith

If that bothers you, never get Doom on Steam. I had to put my list in small view to properly illustrate this but not only are the games improperly ordered but they're on completely different continents.

SWAbfSF.png
Even worse, it looks like Doom made all your other games blurry!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I know that feel, the remakes of Monkey Island 1 and 2 are the same. And as with Doom, MI2 is on the upper side, while MI1 is on the bottom.

When I purchased those games and looked at my games library, I almost suffered a stroke.

Smash88

Banned
This will still happen, you can be sure of it. Maybe not to you, but it's guaranteed that someone will get burned at every sale.

Even though it's in the freaking OP. EVERY TIME. I even made a sparkly banner, telling people to wait for the last day if it hasn't been a daily deal yet. Every time there is a casualty.

Goody

http://i.imgur.com/SWAbfSF.png

Yep. It's even worse for me. Doom 3, Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, Doom 2, 17 other games, Final Doom, 50 other games, Master Levels for Doom 2, 91 other games, The Ultimate Doom

SWAbfSF.png
This is your library? Why don't you just make a category? Title it Doom and put all your Doom games in that category?

matt05891

Can somebody on here send me an invite to the GAF group on steam? I always thought I was part of it and just realized I'm not. Steam name's same as member name.

metalshade

This is your library? Why don't you just make a category? Title it Doom and put all your Doom games in that category?

Unfortunately, even when categorized the games will be out of order.
My Far Cry category goes: Far Cry 3.
Far Cry.
FC3 Blood dragon.

Force unleashed 2
Force unleashed.

Witcher 2
Witcher

you get the idea.
It is a nightmare that I only survive by keeping my categories closed at all times, so I never see the disarray in my otherwise careful archiving.

Salsa

this is my personal favorite:

iba7sci6WpdMCu.PNG

iiemSScKJ3F4J.PNG

one is filed under M for Monkey and the other one for S for Secret, completely apart

Salsa

thanks todd for starseed pilgrim, here's hoping the white background doesnt make me wanna stab my eyes cause of eye floaters :p

going crazy with the giveaways

metalshade

Guys you gotta stop posting actual images of your befuddled libraries, it is driving me slightly nuts.
For example I have now had to go through my library and sort all my first person non sequelised games into their own seperate categories, rather than the original First Person category.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Speaking of horrible naming inconsistencies, fuck the Duels of the Planeswalkers devs for naming their titles the way they did.

Magic 2014
Magic the Gathering -- Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013

Really dudes

metalshade

Speaking of horrible naming inconsistencies, fuck the Duels of the Planeswalkers devs for naming their titles the way they did.

Magic 2014
Magic the Gathering -- Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012
Magic the Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013

Really dudes

I was actually gonna buy those during the sale.
Guess that saved me some cash, thanks for the heads up.

metalshade

This is like level 2 of Steam OCD.

At least I haven't considered starting a fresh account lol.

Yet.

How is Dawn of War II even behind Dawn of War?

That doesn't make any sense

ARGH dont remind me.
My warhammer category is completely misleading.
How are you supposed to know which DLC to play in which order you insensitive inconsiderate perverts!

I really hope that there will be an update for steam one day that will allow us to sort our libraries as we wish, rather than their messed up system.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Check your email for the gift confirmation email that they push through. It'll have their name in there.

I noticed a while ago that if you click on "Pending Gifts" in your inventory, there's a "gift history" button, but it only shows gifts you've sent; it really ought to also show gifts you've received/redeemed.

Grief.exe

I think you're thinking of someone else, first time I've asked.

I remember sending you an invite, and you already were apart of the group when I looked tonight.

Grief made me want to replay Halo 2. Thanks bro.

Awww ya

Has some pretty nasty mouse acceleration that you can't get rid of. PC Gaming Wiki fix only works for Halo CE.

While you're at it can you toss me an invite too please?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sporky91/

Thanks Grief :>

Got ya

Lint21

Neo Member
If you guys don't like your Steam games being out of order, you could just make a physical backup. Get a bunch of DVD cases, print custom box art for front/side/backs, one for each game in your library. Organize however you want, then when you want to pick out a game, just walk to your bookcase, browse, select, and then find it on Steam and launch!

You could also put a backup of the game files on a thumbdrive, then store those in the cases. That way, you'd always have a backup, plus the cases wouldn't just be empty. With how much we're saving with these sales, you could buy the cases, artwork, and flash media and still probably pay less than someone who just buys console games.

Let me know if you have any other problems that need solving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom