• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Vampire going on sale was hilarious. This thread had gone up just as the Summer Sale started, and since the game hadn't been discounted before at all, people were purchasing it throughout the sale period at 33% off. 2 weeks after the Summer Sale ended, it was 75% off.

It was good to wait that one out.
q0sEluJ.png

Although 4 entries above that it looks like I made a hideous cock up.
JyEFP4Y.png

Not that its a bad game (and I did get every other Bethesda and Id release I didn't own in that pack as well) but boy did the price of Rage plummet.

Grief.exe

I'm guessing enhanced Steam gives those dates?

I purchased Bloodlines after Deus Ex Human Revolution was released. Steamprices shows it was 75% off Oct 27-Nov 1, I'm sure that was it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd say there's only one (early) Steam purchase I regret and it's this:

Aug 2010 $17.99 Purchase Worms Reloaded (preorder)

It was one of the few games I purchased in 2010 and I only spent 96 minutes with it.

Dr Dogg

I got it during the 75% off deal. I just passed right over it at 33% off lol.

Its funny, because considering my tastes, you would think I would really enjoy that game.

The truth is, I actually didn't very much. Especially the last 30-40% which was obviously rushed and they just threw in a bunch of combat segments.

Didn't Trokia get wound up in late stages of development? Though as you said the end is a bit cobbled together compared to the early and defiantly the middle sections. Still it's always fun to roll a Malkavian and confuse the shit out of everyone with the dialogue choices.

I'm guessing enhanced Steam gives those dates?

I pulled them from my purchase history seeing as it's a doddle. Be nice if Enhanced Steam would do that though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'd say there's only one (early) Steam purchase I regret and it's this:

It was one of the few games I purchased in 2010 and I only spent 96 minutes with it.

Every worms game since WWP has been trash.

Grief.exe

I forgot about that tab.

DXE68dG.png

Its interesting to note how long I've held onto Bioshock 2. I purchased it on sale, then learned that it was riddled with DRM. Since those were the days where I didn't check.
Every time I wanted to play it, I decided it wasn't worth it, now we may be getting a permanent fix.

Kurtofan

Bought Baldur's gate but it doesn't appear in my library, there's only a "Play this game" button on the game's page but it doesn't anything, I can't download it.

Has anyone been able to redeem their Bleed Steam keys from the Groupees Retro Bundle?

I was activating mine, and during the process my internet went down. Now Steam says that I already own that game, but I don't see it anywhere on my Library.

Please, don't tell me I have to contact Steam support :(

P.S: Trine 2 has been updated... Summer seal achievements???!!!

EDIT: Weird, it does actually appear on my subscriptions & licenses page... Maybe you just can't download it yet?

JaseC

Has anyone been able to redeem their Bleed Steam keys from the Groupees Retro Bundle?

I was activating mine, and during the process my internet went down. Now Steam says that I already own that game, but I don't see it anywhere on my Library.

Mine redeemed just fine. Try restarting Steam and see if it rears its head.

Hey all, when does DLC go up on steam? Waiting for Walking Dead 400 Days, it's almost 5am Eastern.

When the store is updated at 10am Pacific, give or take a short while.

Thieve

Neo Member

EDIT: Weird, it does actually appear on my subscriptions & licenses page... Maybe you just can't download it yet?

It doesn't show up in my library yet either, and earlier it wouldn't let me download it as well. It's just not active yet.

Mine redeemed just fine. Try restarting Steam and see if it rears its head.

It doesn't show up in my library yet either, and earlier it wouldn't let me download it as well. It's just not active yet.

Correct, same thing happened to me. It'll appear when the game is released.

Ah, that explains it... It's just that my internet went down during the activation, so I panicked :/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Has Trackmania 2 (or its current expansion) ever gone on sale on Steam? Just trying to gauge the chances of it going on sale in the upcoming sale.

Is it true that Bioshock 2 is dropping GFWL? Does this also apply to Bio1? I want to grab both on the 4th through Amazon.

Also, how does one score the lowest deal on a Steam Sale game? Just hope it goes up as a daily deal until the final day a game is being offered at reduced price?

The_Monk

It's that bad? I was kinda intrested in it.

I guess you can finish it 3 times with the 3 different characters if you want fellow GAFfer but it's just a short journey in the end.

Took me 40 minutes to finish it. I did liked the music to be honest, I liked the Monk, but aside of that it's a pretty simple game. I wouldn't say it's bad, it's just too short and you just fight in a corridor with some enemies, boss, repeat, win.

JaseC

Is it true that Bioshock 2 is dropping GFWL? Does this also apply to Bio1? I want to grab both on the 4th through Amazon.

Also, how does one score the lowest deal on a Steam Sale game? Just hope it goes up as a daily deal until the final day a game is being offered at reduced price?

All we can say with absolute certainty at this stage is that the game is getting Steam achievements, but its registry listing history does suggest that there has been a fair bit of tinkering going on with the game's MP component, which is what would need to be reworked for GFWL to be gutted entirely.

Edit: There's nothing on the Bio1 front. No achievements nor any meaningful registry updates.

Since you are so new you probably don't know the golden rule: Wait for the daily deals.

In a Steam sale for Summer/Autumn/Christmas, they often have a sale price on loads of games that is quite good (say 50% off) that lasts the entire sale, but then for one day of the sale a game will get a daily deal where it is even better (75% off but can even be 90% off) so it is best to wait and look for daily deals on the games you want, and then on the last day of the sale buy whatever is left if not all of them got a daily deal.

(posted earlier)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I guess you can finish it 3 times with the 3 different characters if you want fellow GAFfer but it's just a short journey in the end.

Took me 40 minutes to finish it. I did liked the music to be honest, I liked the Monk, but aside of that it's a pretty simple game. I wouldn't say it's bad, it's just too short and you just fight in a corridor with some enemies, boss, repeat, win.
I don't mind short games, but fourty minutes...
Thanks for the information. :)

dreamfall

I meant to only play the DLC for Saints Row III (as I had 100%-ed it, back in the Console phase!) and 25 hours later, I'm not really sure what happened.

I seem to be attempting to do it again on PC- lovely game. Do characters carry over or anything? How does this keep happening!

The_Monk

Dont mean to dishearten you, and to be honest even I was like "wow" but my 5 year old beat this game, on his second try

Well my 7 year old nephew finished this game too. :) It's a pretty simple game to be honest fellow GAFfer. I just wanted to finish it myself and put it out of the Backlog.

Tak3n

Banned
Well my 7 year old nephew finished this game too. :) It's a pretty simple game to be honest fellow GAFfer. I just wanted to finish it myself and put it out of the Backlog.

agreed, I use to just watch him button mash, which seemed to work just as well as trying to do it properly..

Except on those eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom