• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been able to redeem their Bleed Steam keys from the Groupees Retro Bundle?

I was activating mine, and during the process my internet went down. Now Steam says that I already own that game, but I don't see it anywhere on my Library.

Please, don't tell me I have to contact Steam support :(

P.S: Trine 2 has been updated... Summer seal achievements???!!!

EDIT: Weird, it does actually appear on my subscriptions & licenses page... Maybe you just can't download it yet?

Same here. Looks like the subscription is live, but the actual content isn't.

All we can say with absolute certainty at this stage is that the game is getting Steam achievements, but its registry listing history does suggest that there has been a fair bit of tinkering going on with the game's MP component, which is what would need to be reworked for GFWL to be gutted entirely.

Edit: There's nothing on the Bio1 front. No achievements nor any meaningful registry updates.

Thanks for the response, I somehow missed it earlier.

A shame about GFWL not being completely gone yet but at least it's already up and running on my PC thanks to Dark Souls and SSFIV:AE, so that should help alleviate some installation headaches.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. It's even worse for me. Doom 3, Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, Doom 2, 17 other games, Final Doom, 50 other games, Master Levels for Doom 2, 91 other games, The Ultimate Doom
I'd make a new account in this case, no joke.

Perhaps this is why HolyBaikal freaked out.

The_Monk

agreed, I use to just watch him button mash, which seemed to work just as well as trying to do it properly..

Except on those eagles

Yeah those Eagles were a little less random fellow GAFfer.

Oh well, it's done. Now I can move to another title while my fellow man Gabe is holding the sale (which is funny because I have very little games on my Wishlist).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so Company of Heroes 2 is on sale at Nuuvem..... allready!

£20 in pounds or $31 dollars

bit of a steal there

I still have the original games, which came bundled with the CoH2 DDE, that I've yet to offload. Somebody did PM me a few weeks ago asking if I still had them available, but he/she never got back to me. Does anybody want Company of Heroes 1 Complete + Gemini Wars + Poker Night at the Inventory + Magicka for $10? *puppy dog eyes*

Can everyone please buy The Real Texas and vote for it on Greenlight?
https://indiegamestand.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92933186

gc_1371578087_407.png

Thanks

EDIT: Also check out the incredible OST here:
http://therealtexasgame.com/music.php

Deques

I still have the original games from the DDE that I've yet to offload. Somebody did PM me asking if I still had them available, but he/she never got back to me. Does anybody want Company of Heroes 1 Complete + Gemini Wars + Poker Night at the Inventory + Magicka for $10? *puppy dog eyes*

Sounds tempting, I might take that

Couldn't resist Mortal Kombat Komplete. So, so psyched to play it.

Also, Bleed Steam keys are now available for Groupees Retro Bundle buyers.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
DMC needs to be 75% off already.

Edit: I'll pick up Reus as the $2 credit I received from Rush Bros. will knock it down to $4.69.
I second this. The game tempts me (DmC), but since I never played any of them $10 is the most I'd pay for it.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
One day, the Steam UI will allow you to rename official Steam games. Custom order them. Have a hidden category. It'll all be an instantaneous drag and drop interface of limitless and fantastical options. One day.

Deques

One day, the Steam UI will allow you to rename official Steam games. Custom order them. Have a hidden category. It'll all be an instantaneous drag and drop interface of limitless and fantastical options. One day.

That day multiply with the Valve time factor

Thieve

Neo Member

I'd settle for being able to put multiple games into categories at once.

Right around the time HL3 comes out.

These GMG deals have been sub-par at best. Glad I havn't missed anything yet

smr00

Banned
Saw that Max Payne 3 is $10 on the amazon sale, worth it? I played the first 2 hours on 360 when it came out and really enjoyed what i played but my 360 red ringed :-/

Has it been cheaper? Hold out and hope Steam has it cheaper?

Robot Pants

Saw that Max Payne 3 is $10 on the amazon sale, worth it? I played the first 2 hours on 360 when it came out and really enjoyed what i played but my 360 red ringed :-/

Worth it. Worth it for 50 in my opinion.

For $10 it's definitely worth playing through once. Easily some of the most fun I've had in a third person shooter in years.

Problem is not being able to turn a corner without hitting unskippable cutscenes making replays a complete drag.

smr00

Banned
For $10 it's definitely worth playing through once. Easily some of the most fun I've had in a third person shooter in years.

Problem is not being able to turn a corner without hitting unskippable cutscenes making replays a complete drag.
There is no way to skip them? No file editing i can do or anything? That is kind of a drag..

What about download size? I hear it's like 30gb or something.

There is no way to skip them? No file editing i can do or anything? That is kind of a drag..

Yeah, it's 30GBs, so be prepared.

I don't know if there was a mod or some kind of method released to skip them since the month of release, but you could get rid of/replace the prerendered cutscenes but it would end up resulting in scripting errors once you actually got back to playing. If something was figured out about that I'd be willing to reinstall and play it some more, the game itself was fantastic.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Xanathus

The cut scenes are skippable, however they are loading the level behind the cut scene so you cannot skip it till it is done. I can skip them almost instantly because I use an SSD.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Totally worth it. If I'm not mistaken it's a bit cheaper in Latin America when bought from Steam, so if you can find someone to buy it for you, you'll be able to save $2.50.

The cut scenes are skippable, however they are loading the level behind the cut scene so you cannot skip it till it is done. I can skip them almost instantly because I use an SSD.
They're made to mask loading, and some of them are skippable, but they also artificially slap the "loading" on the corner when trying to skip a lot of them. When it's loading throughout the entire couple minutes of a cutscene but takes 15~ seconds when loading from a save you're not foolin'.

It's really amazing to see how much of an impact Steam has on gaming. Just looking at the prices in the Xbox Live sale thread to see not only the influence on prices, but how all of these companies like GMG, Amazon, and MS always make this push to get their sales started before Valve. Almost like they are trying to get what money they can before its all spent on Steam.

And yet I bet if you combine all 3 threads by the time they are done they wont compare at all to the size of the Steam Summer Sale thread.

It's really amazing to see how much of an impact Steam has on gaming. Just looking at the prices in the Xbox Live sale thread to see not only the influence on prices, but how all of these companies like GMG, Amazon, and MS always make this push to get their sales started before Valve. Almost like they are trying to get what money they can before its all spent on Steam.

And yet I bet if you combine all 3 threads by the time they are done they wont compare at all to the size of the Steam Summer Sale thread.

That's why the trading cards are brilliant. Getting people to sell cards keeps the money in Steam. Personally, it'll have to be a great deal for me to spend real money instead of buying it through steambux

Xanathus

They're made to mask loading, and some of them are skippable, but they also artificially slap the "loading" on the corner when trying to skip a lot of them. When it's loading throughout the entire couple minutes of a cutscene but takes 15~ seconds when loading from a save you're not foolin'.
Actually it keeps level data in memory after loading it one time until it runs out of memory, which is why it can load the game back quickly if you restart the level or quit to main menu and load the previous level you've played. I know this because I encountered a glitch where I was stuck in a wall, and quitting to menu and loading my checkpoint left me still stuck in the wall. I had to quit the entire game in order for it to reload the level into memory and spawn me at the last "hard" checkpoint.

Joe Molotov

They're saving that for when people get bored of trading cards and they need something else to deflect attention away from the fact that HL3 still isn't out.

Actually it keeps level data in memory after loading it one time until it runs out of memory, which is why it can load the game back quickly if you restart the level or quit to main menu and load the previous level you've played. I know this because I encountered a glitch where I was stuck in a wall, and quitting to menu and loading my checkpoint left me still stuck in the wall. I had to quit the entire game in order for it to reload the level into memory and spawn me at the last "hard" checkpoint.
Oh no, I know that yeah. I just mean loading a save after getting into the game fresh is still brisk compared to the loading times they're trying to suggest within the cutscenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom