• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It was pretty dirty of them to announce that they wont make the deadline for their one project after the MC kickstarter ended to ensure they got all that money.

They reaped what they sowed.

What was the announced deadline that they broke? I have watched all the episodes barring the latest since I haven't had time yet and I don't recall them promising me any release date prior to the one just released.

I guess they better rename Massive Chalice to Massive Malice.

Deadbeat

Banned
What was the announced deadline that they broke? I have watched all the episodes barring the latest since I haven't had time yet and I don't recall them promising me any release date prior to the one just released.

Well maybe not deadline, but announcing bad news after you collected money for another project to ensure noone can back out isnt what I would call respectable.

There was no announced deadline. You may have noticed that hypothetical releases like April or November of this year were used during the planning stages and able to be seen on the white boards during one or two episodes. Fans speculated.

Where was that?

Where is it 85% off?

Giant bomb put up a Quick look EX for Xcom declassified.

Wasn't too hyped for this one, but I'm starting to come around to it. Really like the aesthetic. Hope the game play holds up. But mostly its just making me want to go back to Xcom: EU :p.

Gameplay I saw looked similar to Mass Effect style (which is not a bad thing IMO). Pretty interested, but will probably be disappointed

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Well maybe not deadline, but announcing bad news after you collected money for another project to ensure noone can back out isnt what I would call respectable.

The bad news that'd they were low on money and that the game wouldn't meet the soft deadlines they'd given themselves was announced before the Massive Chalice kickstarter even began.

What they waited to announce was what they intended to do about it: launching on Steam Early Access in January of next year.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
There was no announced deadline. You may have noticed that hypothetical releases like April or November of this year were used during the planning stages and able to be seen on the white boards during one or two episodes. Fans speculated.

That's the fault of the naive fan.

Megasoum

Banned
What were those links from yesterday where you could see the upcoming GMG sales by changing the number? Did they put new numbers up?

kafiend

GMG has Stellar Impact Steam keys free while supplies last. Good luck fighting against the slow site.

Posts stating how long you fought the site. how much fury you felt after losing out to a 15 minute basket timeout, and finally how many tears you cried when you realized you already own it on Steam would be appreciated.

PriitV

Posts stating how long you fought the site. how much fury you felt after losing out to a 15 minute basket timeout, and finally how many tears you cried when you realized you already own it on Steam would be appreciated.

I'm on stuck on the rewards page and the timer is not being very kind to me..
Also, checked, I do not own the game.

mrgone

Harrowing, watching that basket timer tick down :)

That's a good deal on XCOM, too! Hopefully they put the Slingshot DLC on sale separately at some point during the sale.

"The service is overloaded or offline. Please try again later."

Thanks for that internet!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Ohhh, free game!

Aww man, I already own it. This sucks.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Swiped one just before my basket timed out and just before the site crashed, hahahaaaaa.... but seriously giving games away is not how you alleviate site load.

Then again, their entire site could be redesigned to load at least half as many pages to find one deal on a game and purchase it.

morningbus

Hey if you think its okay to announce bad news after checks clear from another kickstarter then fine.

Did you not see my response to this allegation above? It seemed like you just decided to ignore it.

Here, I'll quote myself:

The bad news that'd they were low on money and that the game wouldn't meet the soft deadlines they'd given themselves was announced before the Massive Chalice kickstarter even began.

What they waited to announce was what they intended to do about it: launching on Steam Early Access in January of next year.

Deadbeat

Banned
Did you not see my response to this allegation above?

Here, I'll quote myself:
Well you feel nothing is wrong given the situation. The internet disagrees. I merely commented on it from the side.

I feel they could have handled it better because of the few shitstorms that were produced.

morningbus

Well you feel nothing is wrong given the situation. The internet disagrees. I merely commented on it from the side.

No, you're presenting a series of events that didn't happen. You were claiming that they waited to mention that things had changed about Broken Age.

That's not something you can have an opinion on. Either they did or didn't.

Unfortunately for your opinion, they have had a documentary film crew following them for months, so the fact that they were over budget and behind schedule was known about 2 to 3 months ago, before you'd ever even heard the words Massive and Chalice strung together and offered up for your consideration.

I see tons of people joining the NeoGAF steam group aka SteamGAF and yet I see nobody new on the chat.
I know you all will attack the chat during the Summer Sale and when GAF is down but you can visit it without these events you know.

The few times I've entered the chat, everybody just keeps quiet. It feels so awkward in there. Honestly, I'm not even sure why I joined the group

I see tons of people joining the NeoGAF steam group aka SteamGAF and yet I see nobody new on the chat.
I know you all will attack the chat during the Summer Sale and when GAF is down but you can visit it without these events you know.

I'm not sure I'm ready to enter the inner sanctum of SteamGaf.

But I want a gold star :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom