• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr00

Banned
Is Rockstar Social a piece of shit or something? I bought and downloaded MP3 and it's not even logging me in or syncing. I know it's the correct email/pass because i logged into the website prior of installing the game to make sure i had the correct info.

Literally for 10 minutes it's just been sitting here and i can't play the game unless it signs me in /shrug

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Fuck yes 66% discount on the Walking Dead DLC which is not even out yet!

Edit: Oh wait, that's not true at all.. :(

Jumped the gun a little bit here.. :p

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Is Rockstar Social a piece of shit or something? I bought and downloaded MP3 and it's not even logging me in or syncing. I know it's the correct email/pass because i logged into the website prior of installing the game to make sure i had the correct info.

Literally for 10 minutes it's just been sitting here and i can't play the game unless it signs me in /shrug
Some antivirus even kill the app. (or did, atleast. I've seen it happening about a year ago)
Good stuff.

Rockstar's solution; "turn off all your securty thingy's!"

What's the difference between my SteamID and my Steam Community ID?

"Your SteamID...can not be changed. Your Steam Community ID can be changed at any time..."

Diablos

Not sure if this is the place to ask but do any fellow Steam users know if there's a high res texture pack that works with Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (that Steam won't think is cheating, hacking, etc.)?

derExperte

"Your SteamID...can not be changed. Your Steam Community ID can be changed at any time..."

Community ID is the name everyone sees, Steam ID is the name of your account that you chose when you signed up for the first time.

Deadbeat

Banned
They really need to fix this shit.

My Steam ID from when I registered in 2003 is still using a fucking Hotmail address that I don't even have access to anymore.
Think of it as you having two passwords to get into your account. Your account name is a password of itself, unreleated to the current state of your account.

73V3N

Banned

Everyone already answered you, but also, try to make both different so people can't guess your SteamID by your Community ID.

smr00

Banned
Some antivirus even kill the app. (or did, atleast. I've seen it happening about a year ago)
Good stuff.

Rockstar's solution; "turn off all your securty thingy's!"
I have my antivirus turned off and it's still acting stupid.

Glad i spent $10 on a game that doesn't fucking work. Thanks Rockstar for forcing me to use a shitty online DRM to play my goddamn game and have your shitty online DRM not even work /rant

EDIT- Deleted the entire social club folder and MP3 profile folder and it let me in to play the game.

I have my antivirus turned off and it's still acting stupid.

Glad i spent $10 on a game that doesn't fucking work. Thanks Rockstar for forcing me to use a shitty online DRM to play my goddamn game and have your shitty online DRM not even work /rant

I remember having issues with it when I first bought it aswell. Check here for fixes:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Max_Payne_3

Not sure which one it was that fixed it for me, but its a good place to start.

Social club is the worst.

Tenrius

Can anyone recommend a good profile background to buy? I am looking at them but can't decide on a game.

I like Hangar Bay:

039741bc650be61f363187bb09cb1fc9eb287279.jpg

Don't want to open a new thread and it's ony tangentially Steam related, but I just played and finished Syndicate on Origin over the last week, and it's the best (linear) shooter I have played in AGES. You just have to ignore the story and characters and focus on the spectacular gameplay. Can't believe how much I enjoyed that and how stupid it is that this isn't on Steam.

EA is the worst.

Salsa

Every couple months I like to check to see if anyone managed to fix the FOV in Singularity. Pretty amazing how well protected those files seem to be.

I've been wanting to replay it but man

derExperte

How much did Steams website crash on their first Steam Sale?

Afair not that much at first, it took the internet a while to realize what was going on but then when the dailies changed it got ugly.

And...

Site maintenance in progress
Damn it captain, they are still fixing it!

Sorry but the site is currently undergoing maintenance. Please check back soon.

Good job, GMG.

Dr Dogg

DMC needs to be 75% off already.

Edit: I'll pick up Reus as the $2 credit I received from Rush Bros. will knock it down to $4.69.

I second this. The game tempts me (DmC), but since I never played any of them $10 is the most I'd pay for it.

75% is my tipping point.

Here's a feature I'd think would make sense for Valve to look at. Group savers. They only seam to offer packs for multi games and not every one of them.

But how about the more people you get to group up and buy a title the bigger the discount. I'm sure some publishers would be down with the idea. Maybe introduce this after the initial month or 2 to pick up lagging sales. Nothing silly mind just something like 25% off for 2 peeps, 33% for 4, 50% for 6 and so on.

Then again it's one of my ideas so it's probably rubbish from a financial perspective.

derExperte

15 minutes until the Walking Dead DLC?

Regarding DmC: If someone has PS+ it's supposedly an August title in Europe so I'll wait for that.

KarmaCow

Even Killing Floor is updating with its summer event. Anyone remember how past KF event launches lined up to the Steam sale?

How much did Steams website crash on their first Steam Sale?

GMG has bad servers to begin with, but I think this is the first time they've done a sale of this magnitude. They were not prepared in the least.

They wanted to get a sale jump on Steam, but forgot they can't support a huge
traffic
load. Then decide to give a free game with it? Good job, good effort guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom