• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
What content does RE5 have besides the main campaign on PC? I played the Gold version on PS3, so I'm not sure what was part if the original package and what wasn't.

Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape never made it over to PC. There were a couple costumes that were left out too, Sheva's Red Riding Hood clothes and Chris' Warrior (I think) outfit.

Mercenaries stuff is in the PC version though.

Prophane33

...and of course NOW the executable doesn't work for anyone. I don't know whether we should blame Steam or Paradox for yet another launch debacle.

Uiki

Weird - leaderboards are listed in the key features on the store page so they might just be finishing that part up, or something

I really hope so... the game screams friends battles for high scores!

Great platform, i LOVE IT! Spelunky vibe all over it.

edit: I asked the devs about leaderboards..

@Megadev

@freeuikispirit We're working on that - it probably shouldn't have been mentioned on the list of features though. >__<

mrgone

I really hope so... the game screams friends battles for high scores!

Great platform, i LOVE IT! Spelunky vibe all over it.

edit: I asked the devs about leaderboards..

Sweet! It didn't seem like something they'd skip with the improved version of an already totally badass game :)

Zeth

Played the Defender's Quest demo over the weekend. Holy crap, game seems awesome. I'm thinking I should grab it before the sale ends tomorrow. Any DLC recommended? edit: oops, no dlc

HoosTrax

Played the Defender's Quest demo over the weekend. Holy crap, game seems awesome. I'm thinking I should grab it before the sale ends tomorrow. Any DLC recommended?
Are you confusing Defender's Quest (which has no DLC) with Dungeon Defenders? In any case, DQ is one of the few tower defense games that I've really taken a liking to.

HoosTrax

Nope, I just thought Defender's Quest had DLC for some reason. Definitely getting the game.
Nope, no DLC. The soundtrack is free and is inside a zip file you can find in the game's steamapps folder. Great, epic soundtrack btw, especially the battle themes.

Blizzard

Banned
It was pretty easily my game of the year for 2012. You'll get 30-40 hours easily of addictive mayhem before you run out of things to do.
Or if you're like me, you'll play it for 20 hours or something without ever beating easy mode or unlocking more than 3 ships. ;___;

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
To the Moon. Yes? No? Opinions?

It's a short game, right? I don't want anything long right now, I'm still playing Deus Ex (it's a behemoth of a game, though a great one!) and I also preordered Runner 2 and Brütal Legend, which I'll be playing next week.

ArjanN

It's a short game, right? I don't want anything long right now, I'm still playing Deus Ex (it's a behemoth of a game, though a great one!) and I also preordered Runner 2 and Brütal Legend, which I'll be playing next week.

Yeah, it's only like 3-4 hours.

Attention Brutal Legend Preorderers, the promo items are now in TF2.
bl_heavy_small.png

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
It was pretty easily my game of the year for 2012. You'll get 30-40 hours easily of addictive mayhem before you run out of things to do.

I put 10-12 hrs into it.. all in a few days.. then after beating it once never played it again. My kid still plays it though.. with cheat codes.. he just likes making ships.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's impressive since it isn't even on UE3!
I guess they failed, since according to Wikipedia, "The producer of Dark Sector, Dave Kudirka said when they first built the engine, they did not want it to look like the Unreal Engine 3, and they wanted their own perspective engine." ("Evolution Engine" is what it's apparently called)

Yeah, I've always found that amusing. Given the studio's close relationship with Epic, I wonder if it was built upon UE2.5.

TTM = Game of the decade

Short and beautiful. It's not really a traditional game, more like an interactive movie. Very moving and a great soundtrack.

Learn to restrain boy. XD

That's the evil/genious of this system.

This thread has been constantly damaging my wallet, people...

Let's see some of the recent volleys at my poor balance:

FTL
Magical Diary
Hell Yeah! + every DLC
The Indie Royale with Krater
The Kiss Bundle from Groupees
Defenders of Ardania
Condemned
The classic Sonic games
Strike Suit Zero...

I will stop there. ;_;

I even got stuff gifted in the middle:

The Amazon Arcade Bundle
Ys I and II

So not everything is wallet damage! :D

But, yeah, once you are sucked in by GAF Steam threads (or PC threads in general) your wallet will quickly start noticing it! DAT BACKLOG, MAN, DAT BACKLOG!

edit: And I'm not counting the bandwagon of Desura/DRM-free games I supported in the meantime like the Greenlight bundle, Anodyne and so many others...

Bauhaus

Banned
I was really disappointed today when I finally decided to play Closure and Cave Story, can someone explain where is the fun in theses games?

Cheddahz

Banned
I decided to bite on FTL and holy crap, it's fun. The first two times I played, I got destroyed in the first sector, but on my third playthrough I got all the way up to the fifth sector until I finally ran out of fuel, got approached by a Rebel ship, and sadly got my ship destroyed

Fun game, I must say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom