• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I was really disappointed today when I finally decided to play Closure and Cave Story, can someone explain where is the fun in theses games?
They are fun. If you're not a puzzler or Metroidvania hater...

Although the atmosphere in Closure starts to get to you after awhile.

Tendo

I never heard of Defender's Quest until someone mentioned it. What a great blind buy that was. AWESOME game. I'm really digging the music, and dialogue by a real English major! If you dig tower defense games check it out. A unique take on the genre.

dreamfall

It was a strange thing- I gifted To The Moon several times during the Winter Sale, only to realize after it was over I hadn't picked it up for myself! Remedied that today!

FloatOn

I just beat the main story of Hotline Miami. I had to tell myself over and over: "I beat dark souls I can beat this"

What a tough game. Now I have five bonus chapters to beat before I scratch this game off the list. Ugh

Lain

I never heard of Defender's Quest until someone mentioned it. What a great blind buy that was. AWESOME game. I'm really digging the music, and dialogue by a real English major! If you dig tower defense games check it out. A unique take on the genre.

Even people that don't like tower defense games should give it a try (through the demo).
I highly dislike tower defense games and I really liked Defender's Quest.

zkylon

zkylewd
Spent all my hat gold on getting Brutal Legend for the biggest metal and Tim Schafer, console-less fan I know.

Good on Valve for allowing me to sell my TF2 shit :)

Tendo

Even people that don't like tower defense games should give it a try (through the demo).
I highly dislike tower defense games and I really liked Defender's Quest.

I agree. I gifted a few copies out. I had no idea this thing existed and I thought I owned almost every indie game on Steam. The soundtrack is fantastic. Went straight to my ipod.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm about ready to replay The Witcher games...again. <3

Anyways, this was unexpected, but I snagged Hitman: Absolution from the Amazon deal and I'm loving it. I have very little experience with the series so I went in with no expectations of what a Hitman should be, and it's pretty great so far. I came in expecting a linear cinematic action game and while it has some of those characteristics, it also has a ton of sandbox appeal and replayability. I like just experimenting by trying (and usually failing) every scenario in a different way. Most of the time I'm a woefully incompetent Hitman who pretty much murders everyone and tosses them out windows but if anything roleplaying that makes the game more fun.

After this I'll finally dig into Blood Money.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Anyways, this was unexpected, but I snagged Hitman: Absolution from the Amazon deal and I'm loving it. I have very little experience with the series so I went in with no expectations of what a Hitman should be, and it's pretty great so far. I came in expecting a linear cinematic action game and while it has some of those characteristics, it also has a ton of sandbox appeal and replayability. I like just experimenting by trying (and usually failing) every scenario in a different way. Most of the time I'm a woefully incompetent Hitman who pretty much murders everyone and tosses them out windows but if anything roleplaying that makes the game more fun.

I felt pretty much the same way and came from the same place.

Can I just uninstall this junk? I'm convinced most of it is entirely unnecessary.

That Steam tool which finds unused dependencies didn't find much when I ran it last.

jQ8PCrUNDRRc4.JPG

catabarez

Oh I understand why but, er.. I've uninstalled those games, yet the crap that comes with them remains.

Why would uninstalling the game uninstall those as well? You are only removing the data directly associated with the game.

Edit: On another note do I want Jericho and Damnation?

Sober

I think after you play BM, it won't entirely sour you on what you played in Absolution, but you'll probably wish for a BM game running on top of what they offered in Absolution.

In the same vein, I've also been playing Splinter Cell: Conviction for the second time and I think I've warmed up to it a bit more this time around (well maybe the campaign). I'll have to try out some Deniable Ops to be certain.

Ledsen

I think after you play BM, it won't entirely sour you on what you played in Absolution, but you'll probably wish for a BM game running on top of what they offered in Absolution.

In the same vein, I've also been playing Splinter Cell: Conviction for the second time and I think I've warmed up to it a bit more this time around (well maybe the campaign). I'll have to try out some Deniable Ops to be certain.

DO on Realistic is amazing, especially in coop.

Bluth54

Oh I understand why but, er.. I've uninstalled those games, yet the crap that comes with them remains.

If you've already uninstalled the games for them I don't see why uninstalling all of those would cause any problems. If for some reason some games needs one of them then I'm sure steam would just redownload it when you started the game.

ari

Banned
Offtopic.....

Waiting on the steambox but i am getting tired. Just gonna build me a htpc with the works. Any good htpc frontends?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I suppose you could play the software version of Russian Roulette and uninstall a bunch, hoping your games will still work. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom