• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Showdown Effect beta keys for anyone that is interested:

39DZM-7C4WR-M9FTK
57MVW-86QGI-LGYVR
9HWHJ-CPYBQ-64TW7
DRPXN-KMM9T-PTYMV
P3Z52-CMXNV-CTBEF
LBYWN-N3ZWM-3XM8N
6MEQJ-X4MYI-KYZ02
LVNRX-47PLY-2X4J0

1-D_FTW

Thanks, man. Was hoping this had been a single player game, but I'm real curious to see if they were able to pull multi-player off.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
hahah

no I already got one randomally from a GAFer. Just not happy as I don't want to get spammed with invites now
You won't get any if you don't ever install/play the game. If you really want to be safe, don't even touch the invite in your inventory.

My fiancé got an unsolicited invite from someone on his forums many months ago, but hasn't gotten any more. I know he's never played it; I just can't remember whether he even added the game to his inventory or not.

FloatOn

Showdown Effect is good times. Enjoy the game everyone and spread the word. I really hope this game gets a strong following.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Three more Showdown Effect codes (quote to reveal)

Relax.MX

I genuinely was looking for a beta of this game my only fear to not preorder is the high probability of premature dead of the only community

I'm on my work if someone have a code I really glad if you send me one by PM

HoosTrax

I'm not sure how I feel about Codemasters removing cockpit view from GRID2. On one hand, I never used that view in GRID. On the other, I can definitely see it as being worthwhile along with Oculus Rift support.

Relax.MX

Midweek Madness

Garry´s Mod 75% - 2.49 usd
Deus Ex HR 75% - 4.99 usd

Today deal

Great Big War Game 75% - 2.49 usd

Maybe i go for Garry´s Mod i always want to try that game...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Great Big War Game might play decent but my god, it's probably the most hideous looking game I've ever seen. It looks like cheap CGI from an infomercial or something.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/216670/

UEpZq1E.jpg

Nillansan

Mmm, did anyone play The Whispered World? Colour me interested.

I've finished a couple of chapters. While the game is absolutely gorgeous, I quickly became frustrated with it's nonsensical puzzles. I ended up taking an exhaustive approach in order to solve some of the puzzles, which in my humble opinion kills any enjoyment in an adventure game.

I think that you should give this one a pass and check out Daedalic's more recent games instead.

Decado

Not sure if posted, but Borderlands 2 is on sale at greenmangaming for $19.20. Steam key.

Good deal, though I'm personally waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition and winter sale deal.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
How many times has Deus Ex HR gone into sale like this? Is there a site/place we can track this kind of thing down? Just wondering.
I generally head to two places: Steam Game Sales and Rhekua's tracker.

The first is far more expansive, incorporating several different sites (Green Man Gaming, GamersGate, Impulse) but if a game isn't on sale anywhere they won't show it at all. That's where Rhekua's tracker comes in.

nexen

Whispered World has amazing art but man...the protagonist's voice is like nails on the chalkboard to me.

Not sure if posted, but Borderlands 2 is on sale at greenmangaming for $19.20. Steam key.

Good deal, though I'm personally waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition and winter sale deal.

So tempted... ugh

I generally head to two places: Steam Game Sales and Rhekua's tracker.

The first is far more expansive, incorporating several different sites (Green Man Gaming, GamersGate, Impulse) but if a game isn't on sale anywhere they won't show it at all. That's where Rhekua's tracker comes in.

I just assume the base price is 5$ now.

Here you go.

http://www.steamprices.com/uk/app/28050/deus-ex-human-revolution

Plus GMG and GamesGate have had numerous sales for it as well.

I've finished a couple of chapters. While the game is absolutely gorgeous, I quickly became frustrated with it's nonsensical puzzles. I ended up taking an exhaustive approach in order to solve some of the puzzles, which in my humble opinion kills any enjoyment in an adventure game.

I think that you should give this one a pass and check out Daedalic's more recent games instead.
Thanks to everyone for the info!

Ok, I guess I'll pass on that game then since nonsensical puzzles tend to drive me mad...

As for Deus Ex, I just checked the stats and seems it has been on sale 14 times. Holy sweet mother mercy.

Let's see... Magicka has been on sale 32 times. wow.

Steam has a huge catalog and many games have barely ever being on sale/featured. One example that comes to my mind is Bloodrayne+Bloodrayne 2. Heh, guess one can track down those "rare cards", aka, games that usually never/barely ever go for sale to compile a list. (Not gonna do it myself, just saying :p)

Interesting, very interesting! Thanks again for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom