• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I just streamed an hour of Great Big War Game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Recommend it to everyone. I am actually going to buy it on my phone as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BundleStars #3: Magic Number - $5.08 | £3.94
http://www.bundlestars.com/

The Whispered World
Helldorado
Storm: FN
Mata Hari
Cargo
Crazy Machines: Elements
+2 unknown games

All Steam.

Not bad. Of the current six I have just three.

KoA: Reckoning may not be a good game for you hard core guys, but I'm beginning to see how NoFuckingIdea logged 100 hours on it. I usually never do side quests, yet I'm constantly ignoring the main quest for sides. Your sales pitch was good, JaseC.

Lijak.gif

Edit: Maybe I'll move on to the KoA DLC once I'm done with Dishonored.

Tendo

Anyone know if gameagency.co.uk is legit? I'm in America but they offer the best price I've heard of for Crysis 3. Anyone have any experience?

Nillansan

Anyone know if gameagency.co.uk is legit? I'm in America but they offer the best price I've heard of for Crysis 3. Anyone have any experience?

I have never heard of them, but it doesn't bode well: RPS Forum

I also think that scanned activation key slips sounds a bit shady, but then again, I haven't really dabbled with anything besides Steam, Origin, GOG, Amazon and GMG.

JaseC

Here are some keys, courtesy of LovingSteam ClovingWestbrook:

Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
Death Track: Resurrection
Star Wolves 2
Twin Sector
Dead Horde
Future Wars
Greed: Black Border
Grotesque Tactics

vazel

Banned
Here are some keys, courtesy of LovingSteam ClovingWestbrook:

Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
Death Track: Resurrection
Star Wolves 2
Twin Sector
Dead Horde
Future Wars
Greed: Black Border
Grotesque Tactics
I activated Death to Spies and Death Track. Although I didn't want Death Track(I thought I was activating Death to Spies), sorry to anyone that wanted that game.

JaseC

5/8 is a good effort. Usually the thanks:redeem-and-run ratio is a lot worse.

Edit: Haha, I've no idea where I got 4/6 from.

Salsa

iumtAUDwtuSmY.PNG

Game is great. Played through it in one long sitting (left it running while I grabbed something to bite and whatnot so take 1-2 hours out of that) and got the two endings.

Not sure if I liked it more than Gemini Rue, but it's on par.

Relax.MX

After a 30 minutes of matchs on The Showdown Effect Beta, im sorry but to me at least in this moment is very generic...just meh, but well tomorrow im gonna try again

gdt

When I buy Bioshock Infinite on GMG, do I get the credit instantly? On the checkout page it says when the game is released, but on the FAQ it says instantly...

I want to use the credit + code on Tomb Raider.

iavi

When I buy Bioshock Infinite on GMG, do I get the credit instantly? On the checkout page it says when the game is released, but on the FAQ it says instantly...

I got the credit from buying DmC instantly.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Deus Ex sure is longer than I thought. Steam says I've played for 28 hours, though my save file says less than 14. Anyway, it doesn't seem like it's gonna end anytime soon. And I'm not complaining, it's a fantastic game and I'm enjoying it a lot. But I fear for the other games in my backlog, and the 2 preorders that are going to be released next week.

Istaerion

You'll get the GMG credit instantly judging from personal experience.

gdt

You'll get the GMG credit instantly judging from personal experience.

Thanks.

Got Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider for $79. And of course Crysis 3 is waiting to be played on my HDD. Plus I just ordered Metal Gear Rising from Amazon for $40. Lots of awesome gaming coming my way.

Lets just forget about the backlog for now...

And Far Cry 3
X-Com
Hitman Absolution
Scribblenauts

I buy every game wait forever to get around to it.

bideogamer

Neo Member
Deus Ex sure is longer than I thought. Steam says I've played for 28 hours, though my save file says less than 14. Anyway, it doesn't seem like it's gonna end anytime soon. And I'm not complaining, it's a fantastic game and I'm enjoying it a lot. But I fear for the other games in my backlog, and the 2 preorders that are going to be released next week.

Everytime I get to Hong Kong I have to take a break from it. Friggin long game, love it though.

I've emailed Steam support to ask this, but considering they usually move at a speed which makes glaciers yell at them to hurry up I thought it might be a good idea to see if anyone here has any experience with this.

Next month I'm moving the US to have a little jim-jam (or jane-jam) with my partner who is American. Has anyone moved to another region with their Steam account? In the past I've had problems when I tried to buy things for that account from outside Australia, so I'm not totally confident that it's going to go smoothly.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've emailed Steam support to ask this, but considering they usually move at a speed which makes glaciers yell at them to hurry up I thought it might be a good idea to see if anyone here has any experience with this.

Next month I'm moving the US to have a little jim-jam (or jane-jam) with my partner who is American. Has anyone moved to another region with their Steam account? In the past I've had problems when I tried to buy things for that account from outside Australia, so I'm not totally confident that it's going to go smoothly.
Nice, congrats bro.

I've used Steam once in Cuba to play some Braid or something and it worked. That about it for my help lol

Thanks guys =D Yeah it's pretty exciting, I saw ultrasound pictures the other day and it's basically a little blob at the moment so we're calling it Blobby until we can find out the gender.

Playing Braid in Cuba is reassuring, but I'm a bit worried about Australia being a special case because we pay USD but with regional price hikes. I bought To The Moon while I was at the airport in Prague and it gave me all these errors but still actually completed the sale. When I was in NYC during the hurricane though any attempts I made to buy stuff failed, so that gives me pause.

Dr Dogg

27 hours I think I clocked in. Was going so a super sneaky, do all the sidequests run but by the time I got to Hengsha I just powered through
and when I got to Panchaea with the zombie like hordes I just wanted the game to end, with the weirdest end boss in ages and the awful endingtron 4000 serving up one of three diatribes muddying the waters slightly
. Good game despite some truly clunky animations and horrid pre-rendered cutscenes and good to see there's life in the old dog after The Invisible War.

Crongrats dude.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I am pretty sure Steam just auto detects your region based on your IP, you shouldn't have any issue with playing. For purchasing, you may need some American bank card though.

Isaccard

I'm hoping the Amazon Steam Key deal goes through for KoA, I'll certainly pick it up in that case.

Any updates on this yet?

What will happen is my curiosity and compulsive need to spend money will take over, and I'll buy the complete game for $80 only for Tony to announce that he's secured a deal to sell Steam keys through Amazon.

and I will cry.

wilflare

if you are moving there permanently, you probably have to submit to Steam some form of identification so they can change your Steam account to US (and enjoy US prices forever)

during my 5months stint there, they still insisted I change my region to SG to purchase from the store. (meaning /?cc=sg after the weblink). purchases only go through if I purchase via my own store. (so if you are not there for the long term, you probably have to do the /?=au or something)

just went into my emails. this is what they said
Hello Wilson,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our records indicate that your purchase was declined due to your current IP address differing from your billing information.

You will need to use the following link through a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) to complete your transaction.

http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=sg (change this to au for your case)

Please bookmark this link for continued purchasing while you are traveling out of your native country.

EDIT: my billing information is my PayPal which is based in SG. I did not try using my US debit card (had to set it up for my study exchange.. may work).

hope this helps jjb! and congrats: D

Any updates on this yet?

What will happen is my curiosity and compulsive need to spend money will take over, and I'll buy the complete game for $80 only for Tony to announce that he's secured a deal to sell Steam keys through Amazon.

and I will cry.
"Last email I got read "I am asking Valve for keys". So it sounds like we're just waiting on Valve to deliver them to him. There is some contract stuff we need to go through as well but that'll likely be expedited once we have product to sell.

Cheers,
Tony"

iumtAUDwtuSmY.PNG

Game is great. Played through it in one long sitting (left it running while I grabbed something to bite and whatnot so take 1-2 hours out of that) and got the two endings.

I don't remember if you've said before, or not, but have you played Primordia yet? I'd be curious to see where you think that weighs in, in relation to both of these.

Wadjet Eye is good people. I really need to get around to Resonance.

Salsa

I don't remember if you've said before, or not, but have you played Primordia yet? I'd be curious to see where you think that weighs in, in relation to both of these.

never ended up buying it. I'll snatch it up next sales. The setting isnt as interesting to me as Gemini Rue or Resonance, but after those two great games i'd be a fool not to play it.

Isaccard

"Last email I got read "I am asking Valve for keys". So it sounds like we're just waiting on Valve to deliver them to him. There is some contract stuff we need to go through as well but that'll likely be expedited once we have product to sell.

Cheers,
Tony"

@_____________________________________________@

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks guys =D Yeah it's pretty exciting, I saw ultrasound pictures the other day and it's basically a little blob at the moment so we're calling it Blobby until we can find out the gender.
AWWWWWWWWW man that's just ridiculously cute lol

iumtAUDwtuSmY.PNG

Hope it gets on sale soon. I've ran out of narrative games on Steam and Gemini Rue was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom