• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Well, all pre-purchase rewards were unlocked from Tomb Raider. I admittedly pre-ordered it.

Ready to protect through QTEs!

Seams to be a theme at the moment. I've been keeping an eye on RE6 as that's getting very close to having all the rewards unlocked.

It was making you question if you were a REAL HUMAN BEING like Ryan Gosling in Drive.

I've got to watch Drive but feel Hotline Miami might have raised my expectation of it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't vehemently hate the franchise and you spent way too much.
I know, and I've only played The First Encounter Classic so far. It's just that a friend hyped the hell out of those games, so when they went on sale I had to get them. Mind you, it was right when the SS3 DLC released, so it wasn't discounted, and that's what probably jacked the price up for the whole pack in comparison to the following sales.

I wish I had waited a month more, but whatever. Those 10 extra bucks went straight to Gaben, so he can finally fulfill his lifelong dream of releasing Ricochet 2.

Ardvent

I've got to watch Drive but feel Hotline Miami might have raised my expectation of it.

It has without a doubt. Hotline Miami is inspired by Drive, but only a few moments of the film are similar to the "essence" of Hotline Miami. Don't get me wrong, I love the film, but it's got plenty of oddities, my main gripe being the...

...pauses in speech.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm a sucker, got RE6 for 32 on GMG with the 20% off code. I liked the demo on PS3 and think this will look great on PC.

Twinduct

Impire looks pretty cool, but damn those minimum specs!

Don't touch until they've fixed it up a bit
Been stuck, like many other, on the third SP mission. But if I do get past the bug that actually stops the game from progressing, I face the same issue in not only the next map, but almost every second map after it has some progression bug.

However there is alot of promised for new patches to come.

JustinBB7

Does anybody else have Garry's Mod 13 Beta stuck in their download screen for months as well now? Really annoying, if I click download nothing happens, and when I click pay it wants me to buy it..

didamangi

So is RE 6 still using GFWL, I thought they've moved to steamworks for this one?

25B69

didamangi

It's not my picture guys, someone ask why he doesn't get RE5 when he preordered RE6 (on capcom unity forum) and posted the picture and it got me curious.

Interesting that you can't preorder RE6 if you're not on the GFWL supported countries though.

Bumhead

Banned
Nice to see the free copy of RE5 get unlocked for RE6. I can go ahead and pre-purchase the game now (once I've got £20).

Did we ever establish if the RE5 becomes available to play instantly, or do we need to wait for RE6 to release first?

MutFox

Banned
Nice to see the free copy of RE5 get unlocked for RE6. I can go ahead and pre-purchase the game now (once I've got £20).

Did we ever establish if the RE5 becomes available to play instantly, or do we need to wait for RE6 to release first?

RE5 gets unlocked right away.
I installed it last night. :D

Wait, so if you already own RE5 you don't get an extra copy for preordering RE6? Thanks capcom

It should:

Reward 2
Everything Above, Plus:
Free Copy of Resident Evil 5
Already own it on Steam? Gift it to a friend.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221040/

eyeless

anyone else seemingly unable to initiate a game download

just says 'converting existing game installation' then never starts

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It should:

Reward 2
Everything Above, Plus:
Free Copy of Resident Evil 5
Already own it on Steam? Gift it to a friend.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221040/
Capcom fucking up, essentially lying? Never!

I did see a couple people giving their extra copy on SteamGifts, but then there have been people on SG offering things they didn't actually have to give...

If someone has an extra copy you can pass it my way. -_^

Remember you guys bitching about DOTA2 copies?

Valve just sent me 17 of them at once:

God damn, lol.

At this rate we need to make a competition on who gets more copies of DOTA2 in a single barrage. :p

edit: Ermmm, how do I resize this image?

Ledsen

I'd take an RE5 copy if someone wants to give theirs away :) Or I'll just trade it with you, I have a few games I could part with.

MNC

Fuck. Hmm. HMMMM. I want to buy X-Com I think. Even though I'll probably won't play it for a while. STORY OF A FUCKING LIFE TIME.

One of the worst states ever :(

Still East coast rules.

My girlfriend owns a house in Sarasota so it's entirely a financial decision. Once the baby is old enough to make the trip we're moving back to Sydney, it's only for a year or so.

I'm not worried, they have beaches and internet in Florida. That's about 80% of my needs and wants addressed right there.

1-D_FTW

My girlfriend owns a house in Sarasota so it's entirely a financial decision. Once the baby is old enough to make the trip we're moving back to Sydney, it's only for a year or so.

I'm not worried, they have beaches and internet in Florida. That's about 80% of my needs and wants addressed right there.

Yup. Sarasota is pretty nice. And the beach there is pretty gorgeous. Don't let the haters scare you. Although if you're not used to the humidity (not sure if Australia is dry or humid), the first summer can be a bit of a shock until you get used to it.

Somebody in the Steam community posted how to config joy2key for Super House of Dead Ninjas.

Game went from good to awesome instantly. Even with the 360's ruddy d-pad I'm doing so much better. Beat normal mode without continuing, and I added about 500,000 pts to my high-score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom