• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

So what's the highest has any of you ever seen a Dota 2 invite being sold for on the steam marketplace? Seems I can sell mine >_>;

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't buy the Zombie Driver HD DLC because Steam believes I don't own the base game. :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The statute of limitations on spoilers is 90 days, not 12 god damned years. After more then a decade it's on you to avoid spoilers not for every other human on the planet to tip toe around you.
90 days? Not even 4 months? I'd like to find the guy who made that law and shoot him in the nuts.

Seriously now, how the fuck am I meant to avoid spoilers, if they are posted in a thread not related to the game and without any prior warning?

And Human Revolution is less than 2 years old; it's the OG Deus Ex that's 12.

chunk3rvd

How do I boot steam in offline mode and once I do, can all games be played like that or just some? Are there any negatives? Can I still save?

Making some long train journeys over the weekend and thought I would use it as a chance to dip into my library. I'm guessing GFWL stuff is out of the question as I couldn't rely on my phones 3G connection to last through more rural areas but I was hoping to at least play some Hotline Miami or SR3

JaseC

How do I boot steam in offline mode and once I do, can all games be played like that or just some? Are there any negatives? Can I still save?

Click Steam -> Go Offline. All games that are currently up-to-date should be playable, though achievements being achievable while offline varies game to game. You can still save just fine.

Deques

Amazon is having a sale right now. If you add CAGROCKS you will get additional 25% savings.

Added a link to reddit

Copied from reddit
reddit said:
Binary Domain 3,76€ (Steamworks)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass 22,62€ (Steamworks)
Bulletstorm 3,76€ (DRM Free)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 11,30€ (Steamworks)
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition 11,30€ (Steamworks + GFWL)
Dead Island: Ryder White DLC 2,56€ (Steamworks)
Iron Front Liberation 1944 7,68€ (DRM Free)
L.A. Noire 7,53€ (Steamworks)
Lucius for 7,53€ (DRM Free)
Mafia II for 8,65€ (Steamworks)
Max Payne 3 11,30€ (Steamworks, make sure to select the right one)
PAYDAY The Heist 3,76€ (Steamworks)
Risen for 5,12€ (DRM Free)
SpellForce 2 Faith in Destiny 3,76€ (Steamworks)
Stronghold 3 5,65€ (Steamworks)
Thief Deadly Shadows 3,39€ (Steamworks)
War of the Roses 3,76€ (Steamworks)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown 28,27€ (Steamworks)
ArmA 2 5,65€ (DRM Free)

JaseC

Amazon is having a sale right now. If you add CAGROCKS you will get additional 25% savings.

Added a link to reddit

Copied from reddit

Boo, I just bought what I wanted.

Edit: I'll also grab CoD4 and Nights.

Edit edit: I'm assuming the code is single-use? It's not working with Nights.

Ledsen

The statute of limitations on spoilers is 90 days, not 12 god damned years. After more then a decade it's on you to avoid spoilers not for every other human on the planet to tip toe around you.

That was actually a DX:HR spoiler.

Added a link to reddit

Copied from reddit

Waiting patiently for the GAFSUCKS promo code from Tony.

JaseC

Thanks. Grabbed NBA2K13

I thought about this, but it seems 2K isn't as dickheaded as Sega and doesn't take down the previous version of the game upon releasing a newer version (2K11 and 2K12 are still available for purchase), so I'll just wait for an NBA/2K sale on Steam or the Summer Sale itself.

PC version of Highborn (turn-based strategy) on Steam - impressions?

Ipad version was just sort of ok. I'd wait for $2.50 and even that is pushing it because it is pretty basic. Probably better to play Wesnoth and just read any text in a wacky voice.

I thought about this, but it seems 2K isn't as dickheaded as Sega and doesn't take down the previous version of the game upon releasing a newer version (2K11 and 2K12 are still available for purchase), so I'll just wait for an NBA/2K sale on Steam or the Summer Sale itself.

Makes sense... But I actually have the urge to play a basketball game and was kicking myself for not using my amazon credit a little while ago. I think the last bb game I played was lakers v celtics...23 years ago...

JaseC

Borderlands 2 is the one reason I still have my GTX 570, but I haven't played it since November. I really ought to flog the card off on eBay and put the cash towards a second 670.

Tizoc

Wouldn't the new version just be a better improvement over the previous game making the older seem obsolete?

HoosTrax

What I don't understand is that I saw CoD4 for -75% during the 2011 winter sale. And it's never seemed to have gone as low as that since. I don't think Acti understands that PC people never valued the MW IP as highly as console. They make it seem like some AAAA franchise that they can't bear to see "devalued".

Valygar

Damn, I hate those amazon deals. I was hyped to get War of the Roses (even if I already have Chivalry) for like 3€, but no way since I'm not from the US. Nonsense.

1-D_FTW

Picked up Nights for 3.74. I'm sure GMG will have a better deal, but no matter how many times I try and spam them, they reject my money. So they don't exist for me.

So much for this update making Steam zippier. When I entered the code, Steam literally shit the bed and froze for a good minute.

ShaneB

The only thing that interested me during the ps4 conference yesterday was the streaming/sharing tech, and I imagine that will come to Steam eventually, as it is already in place with Origin (though I have never used it, or really hear much about it. lol)

At least now with the specs out I can start planning on whatever to get when I build a new gaming pc for stuff that will at least run everything next gen with no worry.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
War of the Roses on Amazon for 4.99 + 1.25 discount with code CAGROCKS.

3.75 for a Steam redeemable version of War of the Roses sounds ok.

Edit: Oh shit, Nights as well? I'm buying that instead!

JustinBB7

I downloaded the beta as soon as I received a key and it hasn't appeared in the Downloads section since.

It just randomly appeared in my list and I downloaded it straight away and played for a bit. So I'm not sure why it wants me to buy it and download it without ever leaving my download screen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom