• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
How do I view my invites? I just spent 20 minutes looking for them. Didn't there used to be a tab or they showed up under friends or something? HALP!

Nabs

I was reading this article on Defender's Quest and how it sold across platforms ( http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/186940/defenders_quest_by_the_numbers_.php?page=1 ) and this really stood out:

Steam provides the most detailed stats of any of our platforms, so let's look at some interesting data from there.

37.6 percent
Steam demo-to-sale conversion rate

This stat means that over 1/3 of all people who have ever played the Steam demo go on to buy the full game. This speaks well of not only our demo, but also the Steam platform itself. Installing and playing a demo on Steam is often just as easy as playing a browser demo on the web -- the player clicks one button, waits for the game to download, and then she's ready to play.

Ehem... devs... get on your shit.

Thanks, but no. I keep getting invited to groups for joining random servers and now when I start Steam it's a non-stop pop-up affair of invites that I'd like to go away.

Oh. If you're trying to disable all future popups from group invites, I don't know. Though to get rid of current ones from continuing to pop up, then there should be a groups tab on your friends list that has it. Or, your profile I believe should have it too.

I haven't been a part of a group nor been invited to one in a long time, so it's based off memory.

Thanks, but no. I keep getting invited to groups for joining random servers and now when I start Steam it's a non-stop pop-up affair of invites that I'd like to go away.

In the upper righthand cornerv of the steam client is a little envelope icon, this opens a drop down menu, one of which is invites.

Wok

gHHA1vS.png

The Witness will be released on PC after it is released for PS4. Do we have an estimate of the launch date of the PS4?

I had hoped the game would be released on Steam soon, but now, I think we will have to wait for 2014...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Witness will be released on PC after it is released for PS4. Do we have an estimate of the launch date of the PS4? I hoped the game would be released on Steam soon, but now, I think we will have to wait for 2014...

It's also coming out on iOS so no worries.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Witness will be released on PC after it is released for PS4. Do we have an estimate of the launch date of the PS4?

I had hoped the game would be released on Steam soon, but now, I think we will have to wait for 2014...

That was a real blow.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It seems i'm not able to buy Digital Goods with Gift Cards on Amazon. When I click on Buy it Now, it asks me to enter a Credit Card number.

I already purchased a game on my account and I wanted to use my cousin's account to buy the game with the code, but it seems there's no way.

She has no International CC, so I usually just give her Amazon Giftcards when she wants to buy something and then she pays me back.

I guess i'm screwed.

Addnan

It seems i'm not able to buy Digital Goods with Gift Cards on Amazon. When I click on Buy it Now, it asks me to enter a Credit Card number.

I already purchased a game on my account and I wanted to use my cousin's account to buy the game with the code, but it seems there's no way.

She has no International CC, so I usually just give her Amazon Giftcards when she wants to buy something and then she pays me back.

I guess i'm screwed.
You can, but it needs a card on file for some reason.

Bumhead

Banned
Not a Steam related question, but is anyone having any trouble with Origin? Beyond what is normally classed as Origin trouble, obviously?

It won't even boot up on my PC. Just tried loading it up, the windows loading loop appears for a second or so and then nothing. Origin just isn't responding at all. Tried re-installing, no joy.

It's been ages since I even last used Origin and I can't work out if not having access to it is a good thing or not. But sooner or later I figure I'm going to want to play an EA game so I'd rather it work than not.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, I feel like buying something. So tempted to bite on RE6. It's $32 at GMG but the free copy of RE5 would definitely hit the spot right now...any of you guys planning to day one that shit? I might need a bro-op partner.

Salsa

Man, I feel like buying something. So tempted to bite on RE6. It's $32 at GMG but the free copy of RE5 would definitely hit the spot right now...any of you guys planning to day one that shit? I might need a bro-op partner.

c'mon snugs

you know you dont wanna do that

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm actually still looking forward to RE6. Is that fucked up? Mercenaries is so good, though.

Or Tomb Raider for only $36. :eek:

Grief.exe

I'm looking at that BioShock Infinite with $17 in credit at GMG.

Waiting to see if they put up a coupon to go with it.

Same, but that's not out until late May. There's no way I'll be able to resist RE6 for that long, so I might as well just give in, right?

You could just play RE4 on Dolphin to get your fix.

Play the Wii version and get high res textures.

ShaneB

I'm much more interested in the PC Port of Revelations than in RE6.

RE5 was pretty good though. I'll give you that.

I want to play RE6 just to see whatever train wreck it is, but yeah, I am interested in playing Revelations and enjoying it since I hear plenty of great things about that.

Kinda itching to replay RE5 as well co-op lately as well, but haven't double dipped yet because it never got below 10$ =/

1-D_FTW

Not a Steam related question, but is anyone having any trouble with Origin? Beyond what is normally classed as Origin trouble, obviously?

It won't even boot up on my PC. Just tried loading it up, the windows loading loop appears for a second or so and then nothing. Origin just isn't responding at all. Tried re-installing, no joy.

It's been ages since I even last used Origin and I can't work out if not having access to it is a good thing or not. But sooner or later I figure I'm going to want to play an EA game so I'd rather it work than not.

It's a POS, but I haven't been having too many issues. Think there might have been an update today? And that thing can really lock up my computer when starting. Sheesh. Oh, and the other day, I boot up KoA and it's taking forever. Finally boots up. And it makes me relog into my account to play. Strange. So I enter my account info. Sign into KoA. Hit continue and I get non-sense about not owning the DLC (which I did own) and my save for the main game not working. None of my saves worked. Luckily closing Origin and restarting fixed everything. POS. But, yeah, it seems to be working as well as it normally does.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I want to play RE6 just to see whatever train wreck it is, but yeah, I am interested in playing Revelations and enjoying it since I hear plenty of great things about that.

Kinda itching to replay RE5 as well co-op lately as well, but haven't double dipped yet because it never got below 10$ =/

I'm pretty sure I bought it for 5 bucks.

Edit: I didn't: http://www.steamgamesales.com/XNSfd/resident-evil-5

I bought it for 10 bucks in October 2011, but it's been 6.79 on GamersGate and Steam this past December.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I'm looking forward to RE 6 as well. It caught a lot of flack but the promotional videos from the benchmark look pretty good.

Grief.exe

What classic game do you think Sega will port next?

In looking forward to JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Shenmue, and Skies of Arcadia.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Isn't SoA the most rumoured and requested port from these days?

I wouldn't mind JSRF, as the 360 Backwards Compatibility is severely lacking on the FPS front.

Edit: Oops, sorry for the double post.

I would kill for a remaster of the Panzer Dragoon games. 1, Zwei, Orta would do it for me. Although I heard they lost the source for Azel Panzer Dragoon? No idea what was the deal with that one.

Come on, Sega, deliver the goods!

Btw, is the Capcom Arcade Cabinet coming to Steam one day? (Perhaps all the games together once they finish releasing them in consoles.)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Btw, is the Capcom Arcade Cabinet coming to Steam one day? (Perhaps all the games together once they finish releasing them in consoles.)

I've been thinking about buying that on consoles, but i'm not that interested in the games.
Also, adding the fact that these games would be forever locked on those consoles and that I have no guarantee that I'll be able to move them forward into the next generation is also a deciding factor.

However, if they came out on Steam, I'd buy it, if only to show Capcom that re-releasing old stuff is a good idea.

Tizoc

^I personally am not retiring my PS3 any time soon, but am not interested in any of the games in the Arcade Cabinet atm as well sad to say. If they do get a Steam release, I'll make give-aways of them at least.

Isn't SoA the most rumoured and requested port from these days?

I wouldn't mind JSRF, as the 360 Backwards Compatibility is severely lacking on the FPS front.

Edit: Oops, sorry for the double post.

Skies of Arcadia is rumored to be the next classic undergoing an HD release. So far SEGA hasn't made any announcements on what they're releasing this year.
Which makes me wonder when they are gonna announce them actually lol. Has a list of summer XBLA games release been leaked yet? That usually gives a hint at what new titles would be releasing.

I'm not reading those tweets like this at all. Sounds to me like the PS4 version will release alongside the PC version.

HoosTrax

I don't know, but Sonic All-stars has given me a newfound interest in those old Sega IPs. Along those lines, I'd love to see Panzer Dragoon or Skies of Arcadia.

Finally got around to buying Sonic Generations and I'll pick up JSR, Nights, and the Mega Drive packs at some point.

I've been thinking about buying that on consoles, but i'm not that interested in the games.
Also, adding the fact that these games would be forever locked on those consoles and that I have no guarantee that I'll be able to move them forward into the next generation is also a deciding factor.

However, if they came out on Steam, I'd buy it, if only to show Capcom that re-releasing old stuff is a good idea.

One can hope that survey they did was answered by a lot of Gaffers who use Steam... I sure as hell use that survey to say "bring everything to Steam, guys", haha!

You know what should be on Steam too? Freaking Ikaruga. It has an Android port for crying out loud, just put it on Steam already along with Radiant Silvergun, Treasure.

Btw, there were no more weird registry surprises, right? I'm still recovering from the last reveal and boy if the PS4 announcement didn't detract from the fun experience of "playing Steam" and gently add to the backlog.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sega's gotta do a Shenmue port eventually. It's too good of a thing not to happen. Skies would be welcome, too. T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom