• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

I can bring myself to believe it somewhat more than most other rumors - SEGA had a Jet Set Radio beta mulling about in the internal xbox live service for at least a year or two before we even had a whiff that the release was going to happen. Perhaps even more so.

JSRF and Skies of Arcadia next plz. Oh and a better goddamn port of Crazy Taxi with the original music intact.

I would want Skies of Arcadia to be released in Steam. I borrowed it once from a friend, but never finished it

Tizoc

When can we expect the Steambox to be announced or shown BTW? I've not been keeping up much with it...

I can bring myself to believe it somewhat more than most other rumors - SEGA had a Jet Set Radio beta mulling about in the internal xbox live service for at least a year or two before we even had a whiff that the release was going to happen. Perhaps even more so.

JSRF and Skies of Arcadia next plz. Oh and a better goddamn port of Crazy Taxi with the original music intact.

Ya know what would also be a nice addition to Steam? Phantasy Star Collection. JPN PSN has 1-4 remastered or such for something like $10, and that ver. has English language.

Also Yakuza 1-5+DS for PC/Steam.

Tizoc

When is that Amazon sale gonna end? The CC I use with Amazon is canceled and I need to wait 4 or so days to be able to make any purchases @_@

Brutal Legend is a couple of quid cheaper over at Gamefly. Of course going that route means missing out on the hats if that's something important to you.

There is a quite nice deal for Resident Evil in some countries (by, jp, probably others).
Resident Evil 4 and 6 in a bundle for $39.99. Considering you also get RE5 for pre-ordering, that gives RE4+5+6 for $40.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/25774/?cc=by

Looks like DMC4. If it was the pc version of RE4 I would almost consider that a disincentive.

Edit: damn you, Jase!

Ledsen

Hard to say without the context of the sentences around it. Assuming it already logically fits in, it's still a bit wordy, especially for a brochure. I'd pare it down just to 'The right way to get into a line of work and learn it from the ground up.' Maybe even just replace 'line of work' with career.

Sentence is fine but like you said it is incomplete. At the end you should add from the ground up is Too work hard. Or whatever your trying to show off or explain.

Thanks for the input guys!

You get RE5 as a bonus if you pre-order RE6. Still, DMC4+RE5+RE6 is quite a nice deal I think.

Problem is the store page no longer says anything about RE5 which looks like it's been replaced by DMC4. Bit of an odd change if that is actually the case but I'm sure they have their reasons.

ngt

All right, they must have changed it, I've checked and it said RE5 earlier. So certain countries get DMC4 as a bonus instead of RE5. Sorry for the confusion.

Shahadan

What the hell. I played some Rayman Origins yesterday and today upon loading my save Rayman is stuck on the world map. Can't do anything except open the menu. Great.

I searched a bit on google, seems like many people had this problem and the game sometimes erase your savefile after that. Apparently it was never fixed. I love you Ubi.

ArjanN

All right, they must have changed it, I've checked and it said RE5 earlier. So certain countries get DMC4 as a bonus instead of RE5. Sorry for the confusion.

Capcom changed the pre-order bonus for RE6 to DMC4 instead of RE5 for countries that don't support GFWL.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Anyone uses IsThereAnyDeal.com? I'm looking for a seamless way to know deals from other places and this looks like exactly what I want. You can login with steam and import your wishlist, but I wanted to know if anyone had any weird issues with that or something of the sort.

Anyone uses IsThereAnyDeal.com? I'm looking for a seamless way to know deals from other places and this looks like exactly what I want. You can login with steam and import your wishlist, but I wanted to know if anyone had any weird issues with that or something of the sort.

I have http://isthereanydeal.com/?by=cut:desc#/filter:steamworks,&week,&hidedlc,&hidemac as one of my sites I often hit...but I've never log in there, just browse or search. Wouldn't think it is worth giving any site my steam details.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice, it seems Australia is getting Tomb Raider earlier than elsewhere:

Australia:
Available: 4 March 2013

This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, 3 days and 0 hours

UK:
Available: 5 March 2013

This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, 3 days and 11 hours

US:
Available: March 5th, 2013

This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, 3 days and 16 hours

Rufus

So what's everyone's opinion on Two Worlds 2 and Dungeons: The Dark Lord?

Two Worlds 2 is hokey but fun. Playing it right now. Combat is janky but more ambitious than Elder Scrolls ever was, so that's something. The magic system is interesting too, but I'm not really taking advantage of it and cheesing my way through with super powerful fireballs and the occasional giant scorpion summon. Really just a lot of dumb fun, all things considered. Gothic has more character, but they feel quite similar in the end. If you like those or Divinity 2, this is pretty much just more of that.

Bumhead

Banned
Are there are any good wrestling games available on PC? I see there are none on Steam which is a shame.

Got an itch I'd like to scratch.

Rufus

Two Worlds 2 is pretty generic and it gets boring pretty quickly. It feels very MMO-ish in it's quest design.
I played so many RPGs I can't tell any more. It's always go there, kill and or get something, then come back. Always. It doesn't even register any more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Inversion is on sale for $5 on amazon. With the CAGROCKS coupon its $3.75. Not sure if it is any good.

PSA: Amazon's Inversion keys are region-locked to the US America, so international customers will need to use a VPN to activate the game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Inversion is on sale for $5 on amazon. With the CAGROCKS coupon its $3.75. Not sure if it is any good.

If you dig 3rd person shooters I think it's a great pick up at that price. Really solid game worth the 5$ price point.

I played so many RPGs I can't tell any more. It's always go there, kill and or get something, then come back. Always. It doesn't even register any more.

It really only becomes a problem when the world design feels MMO-ish as well, which TW2's does. It feels very flat and spread out with a lot of dead space akin to zones in WOW.

Anyone have any opinions on Gyromancer? I have an odd thing for Puzzle RPG's lately and its <5 on Amazon.

Guess I could try the demo when I get home, wanted to poll GAF first.

Rufus

It really only becomes a problem when the world design feels MMO-ish as well, which TW2's does. It feels very flat and spread out with a lot of dead space akin to zones in WOW.
I did notice that practically everything you see is connected to a quest at some point, so there's little point in exploring the landscape or even towns, but in the end it feels very similar to other games in the genre to me. Only I teleport everywhere.

Totally off topic but I just noticed this: Are our own posts a slightly different shade than other people's? Like, a very slight blue hue?

1-D_FTW

Nights seems like a decent enough purchase. Although it's certainly a game that would have benefited from running at 60fps. Very much so.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Anyone have any opinions on Gyromancer? I have an odd thing for Puzzle RPG's lately and its <5 on Amazon.

Guess I could try the demo when I get home, wanted to poll GAF first.

I've asked about Gyromancer before. Have you played Puzzle Quest? Because both do the same thing (match 3 meets RPG) but PQ is generally regarded as the better game. I've heard Gyro has difficulty spikes that can be frustrating.

But I still want to try it myself since I've enjoyed everything else PopCap has done.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't live in the US and the game activated as NSCA, what does it mean?
NSCA = North/South/Central America... so, you're right, the keys aren't region-locked to the US, but they are region-locked to the continent of America. ;)
Wait, would this be the case for all their digital games that have the "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address" warning like Inversion? I'm in South America, want to purchase Dead Space through Amazon and it has the same US-only description.

edit: hmm, maybe it's only for codes and not downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom