• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't decide between Hitman: Absolution and Max Payne 3. They're both games I want to play even though I'm fairly sure I won't love them. Moneys too tight for a double dip but the amazon sale convinced me to get one of them. What do you think, lads?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Fuck it. I bought it anyway.
Don't really see the big deal with Steam drm sometimes.

I wouldn't worry when it comes to games you can redeem on GOG. Steam is my go to but it's nice to be able to have a nice array of games like GOG. To be able to redeem The Witcher 2 there is a nice gesture. I also like the automation that the installer brings as it makes the whole downloading and install process easy.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
If I can't see the price in the game's page on Green Man Gaming I'm assuming it means they don't sell it in my region? I'm trying to give other digital stores a chance but it's being a bit of a pain the ass to be honest, heh.

Two deals going live today for BioShock Infinite.

Green Man Gaming has $14 off or $15 in credit + two free games. Games will be announced in 4 hours.

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2013/02/bioshock-infinite-free-games.html?m=1

Amazon has $15 off and $15 in credit toward a 2K game when BioShock comes out.

Hmm. Definitely curious as to what the two free games are on GMG.
I think I have everything I could ever want from 2K's library though.

An emulated Saturday Night Slam Masters is probably your best bet.
If we're going that route.
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and/or Smackdown Here Comes the Pain on a PS2 emulator.

Hmm. Definitely curious as to what the two free games are on GMG.
I think I have everything I could ever want from 2K's library though.

If we're going that route.
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and/or Smackdown Here Comes the Pain on a PS2 emulator.

Think GMG tweeted something about it earlier. I think it was Bioshock + a selection (Spec Ops is the only one i can remember)

edit : http://pinterest.com/pin/92042386106799002/

FloatOn

The classic arcade game, faithfully recreated with cheap flash looking visuals. Ouch.

It's an iOS game by ThQ. A one-two punch of fail.

As for scratching that itch, these guys ^ have good taste but you really should just get a NES emulator and play the best wrestling game of all time:

Tecmo_World_Wrestling_screenshot.png

Tecmo Wrestling

Varg

Banned
If anyone is interested in playing The secret world, I recently purchased the game and have a few 24 hour buddy keys. Only for those that really are interested in getting it and using the 24 hours wisely. Drop me a PM. Ive played for about a week now and the game is really well done so far. Be warned just like all MMOs, it's a hefty initial download.

ShaneB

There's a wrestling game on greenlight that boasts it pretty much emulates the AKI n64 games. Have no idea what's it called, but that would be fun to see eventually.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, would this be the case for all their digital games that have the "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address" warning like Inversion?

That warning is on every product page featuring a digital product and doesn't actually offer any insight into whether or not the key is region-locked.

edit: hmm, maybe it's only for codes and not downloads.

It simply refers to the ability to purchase the item. Adding a US-based billing address circumvents this "restriction", though, as Amazon's checkout system doesn't cross-reference a user's nominated billing address against that of the card holder. I myself use the address of Google's CA-based HQ and have never had an issue -- even a couple of recent DD orders that had to be manually verified by Amazon were approved.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
That warning is on every product page featuring a digital product and doesn't actually offer any insight into whether or not the key is region-locked.

It simply refers to the ability to purchase the item. Adding a US-based billing address circumvents this "restriction", though, as Amazon's checkout system doesn't cross-reference a user's nominated billing address against that of the card holder. I myself use the address of Google's CA-based HQ and have never had an issue -- even a couple of recent DD orders that had to be manually verified by Amazon were approved.
Thanks for the info, Jasec, this helped clear it up for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For the Lazy like me, Reddit jigged up a table with all the games available, their prices, their "Steam Redeemable" status, other DRM, Bundles where the game is available, notes and more:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/190o9x/amazon_full_list_of_steam_redeemable_games_and/

It's pretty good if you ask me.

Nice, I didn't realise the Cabela bundle (pity it's missing Trophy Bucks) is Steam-redeemable, and also wasn't aware that CoJ: The Cartel is on sale. I'll pick up both on Monday.

Edit: Oh, and Nights, too.

Thanks for the info, Jasec, this helped clear it up for me.

No worries. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
NSCA = North/South/Central America... so, you're right, the keys aren't region-locked to the US, but they are region-locked to the continent of America. ;)
Wow, so Steam does remember that us South Americans actually exist! I'll sadly have to pass on it right now, I can't (or more precisely, shouldn't) spend more money on games when I have so many I haven't even played.

Tizoc

Kentucky Route Zero is a little more expensive then I was hoping...

Uh FYI, the non-Steam release is $25 for all 5 episodes. $15 sounds good to me for this type of game so I'll be grabbing it before the offer ends...unless today's daily interests me~

EDIT: Anyone played Fantasy Wars? How is it?

jediyoshi

Prepurchase rewards up for Bioshock Infinite
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8870/

Stage 1 - Copy of Bioshock
Stage 2 -
bio-team-shorter-no-logo.jpg

Vox Diabolus
With this Vox Populi anarchist mask, you can terrify your enemies into thinking you're the Devil Himself, or worse, a protestor. Either way, they're probably going to avoid you at the entrance to the supermarket when you try to get them to sign something.

The Pounding Father
Heavy cannot tell lie. Heavy is first President of United States. Of crushing little baby men.

Blind Justice
Want to command respect from people standing at an indeterminate distance from your immediate right? Bolt on a platinum Pinkerton badge and experience the thrill for yourself!

The Person in the Iron Mask
Turkey? Chicken? Game hens? Your head? This cast iron poultry furnace will smoke anything placed inside it.

The Doe-Boy
Protect the important thoughts in your head -- ones like "liberty" and "freedom" and "democracy" -- with good, honest, hat-shaped American steel. This helmet won't run (until heated to 2500°F)!

The Sydney Straw Boat:
Throw this hat on the ground to express rage, or in the air to express joy! Take a hat-based trip through time to learn how your great grandparents displayed emotions in the days before emoticons!

The Steel Songbird:
It gets pretty quiet in that sniper's nest. Why not treat yourself to the haunting rhythmic symphony of bolts being constantly pooped by this mute, easily terrified incontinent bird?
Stage 3 - Copy of XCOM

HoosTrax

"We're not reselling enough preorders."

"Offer some TF2 hats and games from our backcatalog that everyone owns already."

"Ok."

It would be highly tempting if I didn't already have both Bioshock 1&2 and the new XCOM.

jediyoshi

"We're not reselling enough preorders."

"Offer some TF2 hats and games from our backcatalog that everyone owns already."

"Ok."

It would be highly tempting if I didn't already have both Bioshock 1&2 and the new XCOM.

They're giftable, just sell em. Can probably still get a good deal with XCOM, lowest price it's been on steam is $33

Uh FYI, the non-Steam release is $25 for all 5 episodes. $15 sounds good to me for this type of game so I'll be grabbing it before the offer ends...unless today's daily interests me~

Except it's not $15, but $22.49. I don't know which region you live in, but you're lucky :p

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
This game seems pretty ineresting. So, I have 2 gift copies left to give out. Who would like to receive and play on the Daily Deal stream with me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom