• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Enhanced Steam already adds a few links ("Forums" under Community, "Reviews" under user, etc). I suppose wishlist would be a good one to add, since it's nearly impossible to get to from the community site.

I find myself cursing when I look under <USER> and don't find it but see links I never use... I then have to go to my profile where I can easily click on the game collection showcase where it says the number of wishlisted games (when looking at user profiles that don't have this, I end up using ctlr-f, but that's another story). Either that, or I leave my activity page and go to the storefront so I could click on wishlist -- I was just thinking if it's an easy add, it would save me clicks and make me happy. :D

I found that Just Cause 2 wasn't worth my time, though some will disagree. Check out some of the campaign and the multiplayer mod, but I wouldn't go too much past that. The mission design is quite repetitive, and it wears out its welcome quite quickly.

The story may be garbage, the but the game play and world are worth it enough to play. I play it every once in a while when I just want to blow shit up.

And the Multiplayer is a hellava good time.

Dogs of War seems like it could fill that turn-based strategy niche. does anyone know if it is pvp or if there is an online co-op or vs ai type of mode. Basically is there a mode for baby-men.

koolaroo

The story may be garbage, the but the game play and world are worth it enough to play. I play it every once in a while when I just want to blow shit up.

And the Multiplayer is a hellava good time.

Just cause 2 and Spelunky are my go to "don't feel like thinking" games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I find myself cursing when I look under <USER> and don't find it but see links I never use... I then have to go to my profile where I can easily click on the game collection showcase where it says the number of wishlisted games (when looking at user profiles that don't have this, I end up using ctlr-f, but that's another story). Either that, or I leave my activity page and go to the storefront so I could click on wishlist -- I was just thinking if it's an easy add, it would save me clicks and make me happy. :D

Sounds reasonable. I'm also adding a user's wishlist to their account page on the links to the side so it's easy to find. I've had a lot of people request that user's wishlists are easier to find on their profiles.

What baffles me is that surely Valve is getting similar requests from users but seemingly are ignoring them. Enhanced Steam users only accounts for about 1.2% of Steam's user base. So in theory, they're probably getting 100 times as many requests for the same stuff that I do.

You could honestly throw some of those games out to make your list even shorter, unless you are focusing on finishing literally every single game.

Battlefield 3's campaign was garbage, no need to play that one.

I haven't played Hydrophobia or War in the North, but they are probably skippable. Or check them out for a couple hours then put them down, I believe Hydrophobia is quite short.

I found that Just Cause 2 wasn't worth my time, though some will disagree. Check out some of the campaign and the multiplayer mod, but I wouldn't go too much past that. The mission design is quite repetitive, and it wears out its welcome quite quickly.

I can confirm that War in the North is the definition of skippable. It's not awful, or anything. It's just nothing special at all.

I'm hesitant to recommend Dark Souls next. As has been said, it will take over your playtime, waking life, dreaming life, literal soul, etc.

For that reason, my suggestion is Mark of the Ninja. That game is so good, you'll occasionally light some candles and play a little Boyz II Men and just talk to it.

After that, play Arkham Asylum and try to lean on the side of completionist. Then, Arkham City, skipping completion stuff. Others will disagree... I don't think it was nearly as good as the first one.

The_Monk

Was expecting to get the Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us 40 minutes ago but it's a bit delayed, went to the Community Hub to look for some answer.

...Everyone is upset. Seems that these Communities hubs are very focused on the negative side of things.

hohoXD123

Was expecting to get the Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us 40 minutes ago but it's a bit delayed, went to the Community Hub to look for some answer.

...Everyone is upset. Seems that these Communities hubs are very focused on the negative side of things.

Yeah, I've constantly been checking their twitter, blog and the OT here for any updates. Really hope it's still on track for today.

I can confirm that War in the North is the definition of skippable. It's not awful, or anything. It's just nothing special at all.

I'm hesitant to recommend Dark Souls next. As has been said, it will take over your playtime, waking life, dreaming life, literal soul, etc.

For that reason, my suggestion is Mark of the Ninja. That game is so good, you'll occasionally light some candles and play a little Boyz II Men and just talk to it.

After that, play Arkham Asylum and try to lean on the side of completionist. Then, Arkham City, skipping completion stuff. Others will disagree... I don't think it was nearly as good as the first one.

With regards to Arkham City, I find myself tempted to unlock the achievements I have on PS3 with SAM and just move on to Arkham Origins instead of playing City again for the 4th time.

And Asylum is the better of the two, without a doubt in my mind.

Maybe I'll take your advice and go for Mark of the Ninja next too... it's on the short list to get too sooner rather than later. I'm just a bit burned out on ninjas after all my lightning bolt action in the last month.

fallout

Does not compute. :p Spelunky is the thinking man's platformer!
I don't know if it's the thinking man's platformer, but I am definitely the most paranoid person ever when playing it. A typical Spelunky run goes like this:
  1. Move.
  2. Stop.
  3. Check for next thing(s) which could kill me.
  4. Move.
  5. Stop.
  6. Check for next thing(s) which could kill me.
  7. Move.
  8. Die.
After about 10 hours of playing it, I've never made it past the jungle.

yuraya

You know I have a confession to make here. I played Dark Souls a little while after it came out, and totally, completely loved it. But after some time had past I started to see it hyped up in so many forum posts that I started to think things like "yeah, it was great, but is it really that great?" or "but it was so long, and some of the user unfriendliness really wasn't needed" or "sure I'll play Dark Souls II, but I'll wait until it's cheap." Then I just recently picked up a PS3 and tried out Demon's Souls for the first time. And it all came flooding back to me, and my resounding answer is "yeah, it is that great." Such an incredible series. I can't think of the last time I payed over $20 for a game, but my resolve is really wavering on Dark Souls II, I might just have to day one it.

I really want to try and play Demon Souls as well as I have heard many great things about it but I don't have a PS3. I wish they would port that game to PC. I would gladly take a horrible port as well lol I don't care just gimme

Humble Sid Meiers Bundle..

Without Pirates.

1$ Tier : Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Sid Meier&#8217;s Ace Patrol
Sid Meier&#8217;s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
Sid Meier's Railroads!

BTA : Sid Meier's Civilization V*
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings DLC

15$ Tier: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World DLC

Turfster

Humble Sid Meier bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Civilization III Complete
  • Civilization IV Complete
  • Ace Patrol
  • Ace Patrol Pacific Skies
  • Railroads
TIER 2: BTA
  • Civilization V
  • Civilization V Gods & Kings
TIER 3: 15$
  • Civilization V Brave New World

JakeD

lately both "connecting steam account" when booting up the client and also activating keys takes a long time for me. like 30-60 seconds.

Humble Sid Meier bundle
  • Ace Patrol
  • Railroads
  • Civilization V
ElEkm8A.gif

Zeeman

Seems like a great bundle, but no Pirates? Come on HB, that would have been insta-buy.

e: Also, I'm tempted at this point to just wait for Civ V Complete

Best to avoid Monk. Those Communities are a very bad place

I think Agarest looks great, but it has so many DLCs...

Will wait for -75%.

brofist

Humble Sid Meiers Bundle..

Without Pirates.

1$ Tier : Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol
Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
Sid Meier's Railroads!

BTA : Sid Meier's Civilization V*
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings DLC

15$ Tier: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World DLC

Solid bundle. In for the $1 tier. Really wished it had Pirates though

Turfster

Super Killer Hornet keys are now available for the Groupees Retro 2 bundle
(Not officially released yet, so don't panic if it doesn't show in the library yet)

Backlogger

For sure getting Tier 1. For sure not getting Tier 3. Not sure about Tier 2 yet. I don't really like Civ games and I already have Civ 5. I will never play the DLC.

Turfster

Gamefly Capcom sale.
  • Remember Me 50% off
  • Lost Planet 3 50% off
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade 75% off (gfwl only)
  • Resident Evil Revelations 50% off
  • Dungeons & Dragons Mystara 67% off
20% off coupons: FEB20OFF / UKFEB20OFF

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization III (that's 3, this is the worst game in the series) -- MB-C05BB428D5621796 - Taken by corrosivefrost

Terra_Ex

Humble Sid Meier bundle
  • Ace Patrol
  • Railroads
  • Civilization V
Will buy for the lowest tier, it'll be cheaper to wait and upgrade my free GMG copy of Civ5 to the eventual "complete" edition during a future steam sale whenever the devs tire of making dlcs + expansions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom