• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeman

For newbies to Civ IV, I'm pretty sure you can just install the last expansion and get the full experience (except for the tutorial, some scenarios and the full version of the amazing theme).

Also, are the non-Civ games worthwhile?

HoosTrax

Civilization III (that's 3, this is the worst game in the series) -- MB-C05BB428D5621796
Personally kind of torn between Civ 2 (nostalgia) and Civ 4, as far as the best Civ game (I have not yet played 5 with BNW yet, so my opinion may change after I do).

Also, are the non-Civ games worthwhile?
I actually enjoyed Railroads! quite a bit back in the day, although it wasn't entirely stable on Windows XP.

Gamefly Capcom sale.
  • Remember Me 50% off
  • Lost Planet 3 50% off
  • Street Fighter IV Arcade 75% off (gfwl only)
  • Resident Evil Revelations 50% off
  • Dungeons & Dragons Mystara 67% off
20% off coupons: FEB20OFF / UKFEB20OFF

LP3 isn't cheaper than the Steam sale, so that's a pass.

Shame about the Civ Bundle -- I think the only things I don't own might be railroads and BNW... I'm not dropping $15 for BNW though.

Leg-End

Will wait for the steam sales for BNW I think, still not in my price point sweet spot.

Will buy the lower tier just for Civ IV though, that will keep me going.

Turfster

Humble Store Paradox Midweek
  • Europa Universalis IV 14.99$
  • Crusader Kings II Collection 19.99$
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane 4.99$
  • Leviathan Warships 2.49$
  • Europa Universalis III Complete 4.99$
  • Magicka Collection 8.99$
  • Cities in Motion 4.99$
  • Cities in Motion 2 4.99$
  • Defenders of Ardania 2.49$
  • Dungeonland 2.49$
  • Hearts of Iron III 4.99$
  • Hearts of Iron III Semper Fi 2.49$
  • Knights of Pen & Paper +1 2.49$
  • Lead and Gold 4.99$
  • Majesty 2 2.49$
  • Teleglitch 4.99$
  • Showdown Effect 2.49$
  • Victoria II 4.99$
  • War of the Roses Kingmaker 4.99$

For all my fans.....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings DLC -- MB-549AB8FDCA9B5C38 - Taken by Horsemama1956. 23 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-782F2B5E044F5212 - Taken by Purkake4. 8 entrants total.

t1391552017z1.png

Already Bought!
Obviously I had most of the bundle already. Also I think ModBot or I messed up with the titles so if yours doesn't work or gives you the wrong game blame Stumpokapow!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-018D858BA4855913 - Taken by Leg-End. 4 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete MB-B8E86787F4D80F45 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies: MB-E428D79C87A517BA - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.

t1391541937z1.png

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for JakeD:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ace patrol -- MB-4DD4F2ED0705BF6D - Taken by Kuroyume
ace patrol pacific skies -- MB-FC6FB8DC9969EC5B - Taken by topyy

=0

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier`s Ace Patrol -- MB-7B28764A224D6FBA - Taken by Santini. 8 entrants total.
Sid Meier`s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-27EE3C8B0B7A08D6 - Taken by bronson. 1 entrants total.

t1391542522z1.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
as always the leftovers for gaf

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol -- MB-56220618DCC4266B - Taken by kulapik. 6 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete -- MB-AD2785C8DEBDADC8 - Taken by Milamber. 4 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol Pacific Skies -- MB-7ED9E350E5CD3BD7 - Taken by Reg. 4 entrants total.

t1391542658z1.png

Hesemonni

Banned
Here goes:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Civilization 5 -- MB-7280A2C9698146B7 - Taken by Zeeman

I haven't played Hydrophobia or War in the North, but they are probably skippable. Or check them out for a couple hours then put them down, I believe Hydrophobia is quite short.

Hydrophobia only takes about three hours to finish, if that. I actually played it twice (for some reason), once on 360 and the Prophecy version on PC. It's definitely not the most polished game, the voice acting is awful, and everything else is solidly mediocre besides the water tech (which is pretty sweet). But I have a weird fondness for the game--I think it's because the devs tried so hard to make their game palatable that I can't help but coo over it like it was a puppy with a head cold. And I honestly don't think it's as bad as some reviews make it out to be.

Here's a good question:

So I just did another batch of my "I platinum'ed that on PS3, might as well not redo it again on PC" unlocks via SAM... and I was going through the Arkham City games.

Arkham City on PS3 has 71 trophies. Discount the platinum trophy for the main game and it has 70.

Arkham City on PS3 has 64 trophies. That's a difference of 6 without counting the platinum.

I'm too lazy to try to figure out which 6 trophies did not show up as Steam Achievements, but I'm wondering if anyone actually knows for the sake of satiating my curiosity.

I checked quickly and I have 58/64 on PC, as I never bothered doing the Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman challenge map trophies... they took too long and I was burnt out on the game by then... the Harley Quinn DLC is there too, as I see the shield bash and snap flash trophies for it and subsequently unlocked them.

So that really leaves me wondering "what 6 trophies were in PS3 that were not in the PC version?"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That was fast, I just got in the Steam Music beta

I know I mentioned earlier about my inability to get into Civilization (4) after multiple attempts, maybe I should check out 3.

Maybe I should just stop being so impulsive.

Newblade

You know the drill.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings DLC -- MB-D3B4C89F6075693F - Taken by The_Monk. 27 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-CF81367010B41940 - Taken by Purkake4. 7 entrants total.

t1391553141z1.png

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Awesomenauts -- MB-67F9A378115B67C2 - Taken by confuziz. 2 entrants total.
Awesomenauts Cluck Costume -- MB-917E81EF79B8084A - Taken by VikasNarula. 2 entrants total.

t1391543376z1.png

I went through my old Humble Bundles and found some unused keys.

Hmm, so what's exactly wrong with CivIII? Or is it just superseeded by CivIV and CivV?

Here is my old Civilization rankings:
Let me give you my order:
  • Civilization 2 Multiplayer Gold Edition: Because it feels like a tactical board game, not to complex to grasp but pretty hard to master. Also the mods, scenarios and the not ending games make it more like Risk with some improvements.
  • Civilization 1 (Dos): It has an ease of playing, it is well built and calculated. Really good.
  • Civilization 4 (with Expansions): Religion and culture makes up what huge 3Desque isometric graphics took away. You'll never have the same feeling of a Civilization 2 map from a Civ 4 one but the new mechanics help. The resource mechanism still not good enough although it has been added with Civilization 3. This is the one to choose if you need graphics.
  • Civilization 3 (with Expansions): Lots of new mechanics added but the game somehow boiled down to build as much cities as possible. It can give you some fun if you use CivAssist. It is not as easy as Civilization 4.
  • Civilization 5: The new grid system and the new graphics tries to lengthen the game. The map is really small and the new city system while breaking the need for spamming cities makes the game a bit dull.

wasn't civ 3 but thanks anyways lol

That means others are mixed too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom