• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure thing, just trying to help. :)

image.php

I think I'm going to miss that previous avatar of yours...

Here's a good question:

So I just did another batch of my "I platinum'ed that on PS3, might as well not redo it again on PC" unlocks via SAM... and I was going through the Arkham City games.

Arkham City on PS3 has 71 trophies. Discount the platinum trophy for the main game and it has 70.

Arkham City on PS3 has 64 trophies. That's a difference of 6 without counting the platinum.

I'm too lazy to try to figure out which 6 trophies did not show up as Steam Achievements, but I'm wondering if anyone actually knows for the sake of satiating my curiosity.

I checked quickly and I have 58/64 on PC, as I never bothered doing the Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman challenge map trophies... they took too long and I was burnt out on the game by then... the Harley Quinn DLC is there too, as I see the shield bash and snap flash trophies for it and subsequently unlocked them.

So that really leaves me wondering "what 6 trophies were in PS3 that were not in the PC version?"

Ok, my curiosity got the better of me. Here's what I could find that's missing for some reason:

Forensic Expert
Collect enough evidence to locate the gun for hire

Distress Flare
Answer the call for help

Ring Ring
Answer a ringing phone

Gotham Base Jumper
Jump off the tallest building in Arkham City and glide for 1 minute without touching the ground.

Catch
Find someone to play remote Batarang catch with

50x Combo
Complete a combo of 50 moves (any play mode, any character)

Strange... I wonder why those were dropped.

Grief.exe

I finished Dark souls yesterday. What a great game, GFWL almost ruined it for me, but I persevered through it.
So after watching some first impressions for Dark Souls 2, I am looking forward to play it. Are there any good deals for it somewhere?

Not particularly since the PC release date and PC-specific details have not been officially announced.

The release falls so close to my birthday, I think I will ask for the Black Armor edition.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Coming soon to a profile near you
if you're using Enhanced Steam

Wishlist link, as many people have requested.

I am not sure if this key was already used. I know I had one key for Spec Ops unused, but I forgot which one:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-24E1698A3CDE2881 - Taken by bloke. 12 entrants total.

t1391543781z1.png

Evrain

In the music beta aswell. Got the message as I was playing Modern Warfare... quit the lobby just to give it a spin.

Here's my extra Civ V key, good luck!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-D881C733D61B7C73 - Taken by tmespe. 6 entrants total.

t1391543872z1.png

Bollocks, how do I giveaway the keys I don't want?

I know how to use ModBot but the only option I have on the Humble Bundle page at the moment is redeeming them straight to Steam or providing a gift link.

Hmm, so what's exactly wrong with CivIII? Or is it just superseeded by CivIV and CivV?

Here is my old Civilization rankings:

Also if you want to know why Civ4 is more popular than Civ3, I can say that Civ4 managed to use the mechanics Civ3 tried to add to the game properly. The best example is resources. Civ3 had resources mechanics but it was too hard to acquire them and they weren't distributed properly thus blocking progress. You could discover a whole continent without finding saltpeter and effectively blocking the usage of cannons, musketmen, cavalry, frigate, or in short a whole era of units.

Dr Dogg

Well despite being in the first couple of 100 in the Music beta group no love for me. Don't mind me I'll be sulking in the corner.

Ok, my curiosity got the better of me. Here's what I could find that's missing for some reason:

Forensic Expert
Collect enough evidence to locate the gun for hire

Distress Flare
Answer the call for help

Ring Ring
Answer a ringing phone

Gotham Base Jumper
Jump off the tallest building in Arkham City and glide for 1 minute without touching the ground.

Catch
Find someone to play remote Batarang catch with

50x Combo
Complete a combo of 50 moves (any play mode, any character)

Strange... I wonder why those were dropped.

It was because the Catwoman DLC was added into the main achievement list where as on consoles it was an extra set of achievements. Microsoft and their stupid restrictions on these things.

Bollocks, how do I giveaway the keys I don't want?

I know how to use ModBot but the only option I have on the Humble Bundle page at the moment is redeeming them straight to Steam or providing a gift link.

convert to gift link, then put it in the modbot pm as the key.

civ 3 - https://whateverthelinkis.com/gibberish/

Well despite being in the first couple of 100 in the Music beta group no love for me. Don't mind me I'll be sulking in the corner.

It was because the Catwoman DLC was added into the main achievement list where as on consoles it was an extra set of achievements. Microsoft and their stupid restrictions on these things.

At least I kind of know why now... still very strange.

So does that mean the 360 version still has 70 achievements but the GFWL version only has 64?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Great Sid Meyer's Bundle. I already have everything from Civilization 5 bought for a dollar or less. I'm only missing Railorads and Civilization 4 Complete, so this tier 1 bundle is great.

My only "regret" is buying Ace Patrol for 1.99 on Amazon, since I just re-bought it here, but since it was only 1 dollar... I'm ok with it.

Good bundle.

Zeeman

First time using Modbot, clearing out some of my inventory:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Zeeman:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Botanicula -- MB-347213FB55C51897 - Taken by KenOD
Sword of the Stars: The Pit -- MB-E89FCDDC5D845D81 - Taken by Kifimbo
Commandos 2: Men of Courage -- MB-C2E833822CED70AE - Taken by Kryptonite

I do not understand why you need to check your email for Humble Bundle gift links. Can't they just add it to your account automatically if you are logged into it?

Leg-End

Obviously I had most of the bundle already. Also I think ModBot or I messed up with the titles so if yours doesn't work or gives you the wrong game blame Stumpokapow!

Thanks for Civ IV, will be returning the favour to someone else once I grab the bundle tomorrow.

Dr Dogg

At least I kind of know why now... still very strange.

So does that mean the 360 version still has 70 achievements but the GFWL version only has 64?

Well the Catwoman dlc was bundled with new console copies as a sort of buy new incentive and added achievements/trophies seperate to the main list. I guess not to piss people off who bought preowned that there was still a full 50/51 achievements/trophies. The thing is you couldn't buy a preowned copy for pc and activate it so Microsoft and their silly rules of retail games can only have a maximum 50 achievements at a maximum of 1000 gamerscore is the reason I'd say the list is altered.

If only WB just had it as a Steamworks title from the start. Cest la vie.

If i wasn't on a mission to clear my backlog I think I would be down for that humble bundle. Knowing that those games are soul sucking life drainers, though, makes me really hesitate on getting it in on that

probably get it anyhow : /

Here you go folks, enjoy :)

Hopefully I didn't muck this up.

Edit: Ace Patrol #2 is an odd choice of title - I wonder if that's the Pacific Skies one :/

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ravensmash:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sid Meiers Ace Patrol #2 -- MB-DF5EA84F9F7C13A0 - Taken by fernandes. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV -- MB-CA09EA3FBCCE1C6C - Taken by nightstorm. 6 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Railroads! -- MB-58AC3B9D56B78A90 - Taken by Nabs. 5 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-5276B6C7AFB633E5 - Taken by The-Bean. 5 entrants total.

t1391544638z1.png

VoidZero

Banned
So I got into steam music beta. And either I'm missing something or it only works in big picture mode, which is a bummer since I never use it.

Benedict

Quickie

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-E35B4FF5809F141B - Taken by StAidan. 7 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol Pacific Skies -- MB-D3A31F600B85CC18 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 3 entrants total.

t1391544862z1.png

bloke

I am not sure if this key was already used. I know I had one key for Spec Ops unused, but I forgot which one:

Thanks but ...err yeah, I got Duplicate Product Code message... it's kinda funny this is my second time winning Spec Ops on neogaf, and both times key didn't work ;D ...maybe I should just buy the game :p

yuraya

Enjoy

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

tumblr_mq54r3Vqao1rpem9no10_500.png

Deadly Premonition Director's Cut -- MB-C79B774F9494D119 - Taken by Leg-End. 29 entrants total.

t1391544908z1.png

Kadin

Bought the bundle so I could give these 2 away to some of you who aren't lucky enough to already have Civ V. Good luck.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings DLC -- MB-60FF39729643F350 - Taken by Kifimbo. 26 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-D66FF0CF32704108 - Taken by Purkake4. 7 entrants total.

t1391545043z1.png

Well the Catwoman dlc was bundled with new console copies as a sort of buy new incentive and added achievements/trophies seperate to the main list. I guess not to piss people off who bought preowned that there was still a full 50/51 achievements/trophies. The thing is you couldn't buy a preowned copy for pc and activate it so Microsoft and their silly rules of retail games can only have a maximum 50 achievements at a maximum of 1000 gamerscore is the reason I'd say the list is altered.

If only WB just had it as a Steamworks title from the start. Cest la vie.

I see what you're saying. That's ridiculous. :lol

I'd think it'd be the same as the x360 version, but I see why there's the possibility for it to be different.

Surprising bundle.. only really interested in the trains game.. and maybe civ3 cause i apparently dont have it on steam yet.

How are the ace patrol games?

Scipius

Another Civ3 key. An oldie but a goodie.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-ABC15F4569E6CA9C - Taken by Ingueferroque. 4 entrants total.

t1391545221z1.png

Thanks but ...err yeah, I got Duplicate Product Code message... it's kinda funny this is my second time winning Spec Ops on neogaf, and both times key didn't work ;D ...maybe I should just buy the game :p

Sorry about that. I thought that key was working since I remember one key from Amazon being unused since I already owned the product (and Spec Ops was one of the few that I already owned.

Edit: Check your PM.

just a heads up

Don't tell anyone, but if you launch Steam with the -steamos launch parameter you get access to the Music Beta. #secrets

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom