• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Does this game feature George Washtington?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/39110/
header.jpg

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any movement on getting Lord Of Shadows 2 steam page up for preorders ? The bloody thing is out in a few weeks afterall.

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
Soon the thread will be filled with shambling forms all chanting. "Oooooooone moooooooooore turrrrrrrrrn. Oooooooone moooooooooore turrrrrrrrrn."

Other times it will be filled with a simultaneous roar of "GO TO HELL, ALEXANDER. GOOOOO TOOOOO HELLLLLLL."

Yeah but it's the good sort of pain. Like being spanked.

XCOM really is the game that is the perfect example of player choice mattering in my opinion. During an EXALT mission, for example, my Sniper who went on to be the backbone of my entire team (and my personal favorite squad member, the dude never missed and I had turned on almost all of the second wave options so he was one of a kind. He was from Sweden and I had decided to give him the nickname "Ragnar" after Ragnar Lodbrok,) and the Heavy (A Chinese Heavy who went by the nickname of "Brick", guy was gunning down mutons left and right and managed to survive a berserker giving him a high five) who I had since the first mission were both pinned down by a group of Alien sympathizers and I didn't think they were gonna make it through. I was losing my shit, man. Those were my golden boys, got damn it! Without them the squad's done for; My Indian sniper who had earned the Nicknamed "Lowrider" for some reason could not replace my awesome Swedish Viking Sniper, damnit! He had an aim over 100 before slapping on a scope, a will in the high 80s, and the guy literally never missed a god damn shot! He was a badass Viking in the modern era! The Aliens probably told stories about this crazy Swedish mother fucker, talking about how Ragnar Lodbrok rose from the dead and managed to get a scoped rifle, then started picking off their forces left and right.I could not lose these two guys. For fuck's sake, these two survived Newfoundland!

Then it hit me. I could sacrifice the rookie I had brought along so save them. An Australian by the name of Jack. He was destined for greatness. He could've been another "Ragnar". But he gave his life so others may live.

He was right next to the bastards. They were all under the convenience store's gas station, so a single spark could set the pumps off. With what I imagined the fury of a thousand proud Australians in his eyes, Jack pulled the pin and threw a grenade. The EXALT forces beside him went up in an astonishing display of fire, and with them the rookie known only as Jack Robinson had gave his life so that Ragnar and Brick could go on to defeat the greatest threat humanity had ever known.

Everyone on the mission had no idea what his last words were. But some liked to think that they were "Here's a piece of alien technology for ya, you ET-sympathizing bastards!"

Though he had passed on that day, he would not be forgotten. He would forever be immortalized by XCOM HQ. To this day the RK. Robinson Medal of Honor is still used to honor soldiers who went above the line of duty in their services against Mankind's greatest foe. The two men whose lives were saved they day awarded him the medal posthumously, and would forever be indebt to the man who bought their farm so they could stop the alien menace.

Tizoc

Walking Dead Season 1 went as low as $5 right? I'll wait for Wolf among us to go as low as that before getting it I guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ethan Meteor Hunter has a store page now, it was in some groupees bundle recently

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I've always been curious about hidden object games, but never bought one before. Infected in a bundle would certainly change that.

Edit: Hmm, Grief.exe got taken out by a sniper in the Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes is 2 hours thread.

Arthea

talking about 10,000,000. I swear to Odin it's fixed to be 9000000+ but less than 10,000,000, so close to freedom, yet so far. I have to get there, I just have to!
such a troll this game is and it's great (><)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
another Agarest game coming to steam

Idea Factory Intl &#8207;@IdeaFactoryIntl 2h

@ghostlightgames will be bringing Agarest: GoW Zero to PC via Steam in the 1Q, 2014! ! Check out the trailer, today!

also, wtf Grief was banned? o_O

Arthea

another Agarest game coming to steam

Idea Factory Intl &#8207;@IdeaFactoryIntl 2h

@ghostlightgames will be bringing Agarest: GoW Zero to PC via Steam in the 1Q, 2014! ! Check out the trailer, today!

also, wtf Grief was banned? o_O

ya, we knew that for some time already

not about grief though :(

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
This thread is going to be crazy dead when if people start firing up games in this bundle.

Oh my.

Well I own Civ 5 and Gods & Kings, and own Civ 4 complete retail but not on Steam so went for the bottom tier to get that and other games on Steam.

Nice bundle though.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Did you get the indiegala January bundle? that had one as well, I think. (Shadows Price of Our Sins?)

Alas I missed out due to lack of funds, but I see a few ways I can still get it for a decent price/trade due to the fact it was in a bundle. Thanks for the reminding me of the game.

Levyne

Banned
RIP grief.exe

Thinking of starting XCOM up tonight largely because of posts in this thread earlier. Been sitting in my library unplayed for too long.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization IV -- MB-EACA30B77BD79351 - Taken by Luap. 13 entrants total.

t1391563178z1.png

nexen

(almost) every time I see the posts that people were banned for I am confused.

edit: oh snap, was Grief perma-ed? Because his avatar is gone...

XCOM really is the game that is the perfect example of player choice mattering in my opinion. During an EXALT mission, for example, my Sniper who went on to be the backbone of my entire team (and my personal favorite squad member, the dude never missed and I had turned on almost all of the second wave options so he was one of a kind. He was from Sweden and I had decided to give him the nickname "Ragnar" after Ragnar Lodbrok,) and the Heavy (A Chinese Heavy who went by the nickname of "Brick", guy was gunning down mutons left and right and managed to survive a berserker giving him a high five) who I had since the first mission were both pinned down by a group of Alien sympathizers and I didn't think they were gonna make it through. I was losing my shit, man. Those were my golden boys, got damn it! Without them the squad's done for; My Indian sniper who had earned the Nicknamed "Lowrider" for some reason could not replace my awesome Swedish Viking Sniper, damnit! He had an aim over 100 before slapping on a scope, a will in the high 80s, and the guy literally never missed a god damn shot! He was a badass Viking in the modern era! The Aliens probably told stories about this crazy Swedish mother fucker, talking about how Ragnar Lodbrok rose from the dead and managed to get a scoped rifle, then started picking off their forces left and right.I could not lose these two guys. For fuck's sake, these two survived Newfoundland!

Then it hit me. I could sacrifice the rookie I had brought along so save them. An Australian by the name of Jack. He was destined for greatness. He could've been another "Ragnar". But he gave his life so others may live.

He was right next to the bastards. They were all under the convenience store's gas station, so a single spark could set the pumps off. With what I imagined the fury of a thousand proud Australians in his eyes, Jack pulled the pin and threw a grenade. The EXALT forces beside him went up in an astonishing display of fire, and with them the rookie known only as Jack Robinson had gave his life so that Ragnar and Brick could go on to defeat the greatest threat humanity had ever known.

Everyone on the mission had no idea what his last words were. But some liked to think that they were "Here's a piece of alien technology for ya, you ET-sympathizing bastards!"

Though he had passed on that day, he would not be forgotten. He would forever be immortalized by XCOM HQ. To this day the RK. Robinson Medal of Honor is still used to honor soldiers who went above the line of duty in their services against Mankind's greatest foe. The two men whose lives were saved they day awarded him the medal posthumously, and would forever be indebt to the man who bought their farm so they could stop the alien menace.

Awesome :).

I just got a rude reminder of your first sentence in my last mission. My latest attempt at Classic Ironman in EU. I'm slowly limping along, just about doing okay, no real major setbacks yet. No countries lost and only a few soldier losses. I'm slowly ranking up my troops and then I hit my first terror mission. It's on the map with all the tanks which I really dislike. I stupidly rush towards the floaters rather than let them come to me and my overwatching troops. I forget that they won't take all of the potential damage from my shotguns even at 100% point blank range and have to use more soldier turns than I had planned to to save my exposed assaults. That leaves me with troops strung out and no moves left in that turn. Up strolls a chryssalid and a zombie and before you know it I have dead troops turning into zombies and wiping out the rest of the squad.

Joy.

:D

Oh well, that's XCOM :). It's pretty vicious when things like that happen but I do love it :). Yurop is lost now so I'm going to limp along with my one remaining vet and a handful of rookies to see how long I can string it out. Not long I shouldn't imagine!

Nabs

(almost) every time I see the posts that people were banned for I am confused.

edit: oh snap, was Grief perma-ed? Because his avatar is gone...

Nah, the avatar thing is just a glitch. He got a 2 week timeout for his Titanfall Xbone posts.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

Derrick01

Banned

good news!

having to deal with 2 clients for one game is so unnecessary

Holy shit thank you based Obsidian.

and come back soon Grief.

edit: Actually this could be new thread worthy since everyone seemed so confused as to whether it would be uplay or not.

Rhaknar

Go Home Dinossaurs will be groupees spotlight game in 9 hours, so I guess it means it will be available for $1

Probably that. The mods seem pretty fed up with the PC vs. console stuff in the wake of the next gen shift.

I pulled a ban in that PC graphics thread that turned into a graveyard for posting that the discussion in there was never going to be worthwhile. The comment from Nirolak said that I was basically shitting up the thread instead of contributing. After being kind of annoyed about it for a bit I realize that's kind of true. Coming up with a reasoned, on-topic post is a better use of everyone's time than shaming others.

And this post itself is kind of insular community stuff so I'll leave it at that. :p

actually it was for his X1 comment

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/430826528050409473

Other times it will be filled with a simultaneous roar of "GO TO HELL, ALEXANDER. GOOOOO TOOOOO HELLLLLLL."

A particular mission involving a whale was so, so great for stories like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom