• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the Tuesday maintenance thing is going to continue once SteamOS and Steam Machines are fully launched. It seems like that would turn a lot of people off. Do consoles have regular downtime like that too and I just don't notice?

Dr Dogg

Well not too much time for XCOMing tonight but after 2 missions it's already clear that Stallion is going to be a boss.
AS6M0Hkl.png

I thought Grief was wounded for 14 days...

Grief was wounded in Operation Titan Fall.

He took an arrow to the x bone.

Hahahaha oh the unintentional irony. Sorry dude can't believe that happened.

This must be the alternate reality in which I managed to defect to Canada after the 2004 election.

Sir, I hope to do you proud, sir. ^_^

I'm going for a rotational policy so every GAFfer will get their fair share of panic action.

Don't kill me.

No promises but I'll try not to.

Why would anyone preorder a 6/10 game?

That's what the game informer thread tells me anyway. But on topic, they said it was coming "soon" like 3 or 4 days ago.

Mmm, I want to preorder because I'm a Castlevania fan and I really liked the first one, I've read positive things about the game, so I'm not worry about that! :)

mrgone

Ain't nuthin' civilized about $15 for BNW! :)

The first tier's not bad if you don't have some of that stuff, though. The average will likely hopefully drop a decent amount if folks are looking for Civ V/God and Kings, too

Radio

Sid Meier must have heard my complaints about scrolling up to C and then back down to S every time trying to find Civilization. To make it easier, he's just flooding my Steam games with Civilizations.

Volimar

Sid Meier must have heard my complaints about scrolling up to C and then back down to S every time trying to find Civilization. To make it easier, he's just flooding my Steam games with Civilizations.

No words......should have sent a poet.

Backlogger

For anyone that didn't want to spend a buck to get this

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sid Meier's Civilization IV The Complete Edition -- MB-F94E3F34BF3E65AE - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 5 entrants total.

t1391564706z1.png

M*A*S*H

I'm preaching to the choir here, but uplay is an utterly vile turd of monumental proportions. I'm trying to download blacklist and the blasted thing is using up my ram as it downloads. When it hits 90%+ usage the download stops and can't be started again. Whatever uplay bollocks is causing this doesn't show up in the task manager, so the only solution is to restart my pc. And to top it all off, when I went to make a support ticket about it on their website, that didn't work either. gfwl isn't dying, it just morphed into the heinous aberration that is uplay.

Oh, in case anyone cares, I 'solved' uplay randomly corrupting savegames by using realtimesync to make a new copy of them every time they update.

I'm slightly surprised there isn't an achievement or completion % tied to opening chests in Far Cry 3. I swear all the AssCreed games have it, figured they would copy it over.

Or they have it and I missed it.

GAF outside of SteamGAF is a scary place

True story man.

Yeah, I'm gonna keep calling it the Xbone. It's a stupid console name and it deserves an equally stupid nickname.

you're already dead.

Right the first batch of cannon fodder recruits are ready for service (sorry Grief & zkylon, totally didn't mean to get you in the medical bay so early)

Awesome man. Please don't kill me.

Grief was wounded in Operation Titan Fall.

oh this is great.

JustinBB7

Got into the Steam Music beta, playing around with it now, fun stuff. Wish big picture mode wasn't required yet but they said they would make it into the normal client later right?

So many missing images in my library and weird folders with 1 songs. Gonna have that sort that out at some point!

It's still pretty basic/simple. But still a nice idea. It found all my mp3's and sorted them by album/folder/artist basically. Can't wait to see where it goes, just need last.fm support and hotkeys (and normal client). Then it will be pretty sweet.

My reaction to winning both Civ 3 and 4!

0051_vsk7g.gif

Thanks Frustrated_Grunt! I'm gonna play 3 first.
^^Also my reaction to winning Civ IV! Thanks Backlogger! Holy wow does it add a lot of things to my games list. Do I install all of these? :x

I've been setting up PS1 emulator shortcuts for Steam so I could put my PS2 back in my room (The TV in my room doesn't like 240p over component), and man is it a pain to set up. Text files renamed to exes which then are actually targeting shortcut files that... ugh.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Sid Meier's Civilization V 2 failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Sid Meier's Civilization V failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1391576587z1.png

The_Monk

Finished Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us today but unfortunately it was a bit shorter than I was expecting.

It also seems that I missed two Book entries, I wonder if I have two replay the episode and make different choices on how to deal with certain things.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finished Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us today but unfortunately it was a bit shorter than I was expecting.

It also seems that I missed two Book entries, I wonder if I have two replay the episode and make different choices on how to deal with certain things.

It was pretty lame how you had to go back and replay the ending of episode 1 to get both Book entries. It should just be all based on one run.

def sim

Guacamelee mixed things up in the end by giving the final boss moves that didn't really care for invincibility frames on dodge roll. Surprising, though it's a nice change from how easy the other bosses were.

I'm glad I finished it. Maybe I'll do another run in the future; I suspect the ending I received is not the real one. For now I'll try this Outlast game on PS4 then maybe X-Com since all the talk here has me interested.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Sid Meier's Civilization V 2 failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Sid Meier's Civilization V failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1391576587z1.png

Go home ModBot, you're drunk.

oipic

Gee, we just can't seem to keep the whole gang together and on deck at the same time, can we? Grief, your absence will be felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom