• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Man that BTA has skyrocked up on the Civilizationz bundle. it was as low as $4.19 when the bundle first went up.

Sid Meiers Humble Bundle... Faith in humanity, restored.

Really, Civ 5 + expansions for $15.00 + Civ 4 complete + Civ3... Really. The only game missing there is Alpha Centauri.

I own all those games, but I want to buy it for Railroads. Too tempting.

BTW. Which game do you think would be added later? Maybe Pirates?

Maybe they do XCOM :D would be very nice of them.

The downloading part wouldn't be a problem as there are a ton of third-party content servers and offline mode isn't reliable enough to use as the basis of a guarantee. My guess is that Valve would remove the CEG ("Steam DRM") component from every game that uses it.

That would have to be part of the publishing agreement right? So we should be able to confirm it through a game that uses it (assuming that part can be shared).

Otherwise I couldn't see Valve doing anything to games they didn't own without an ok.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That would have to be part of the publishing agreement right? So we should be able to confirm it through a game that uses it (assuming that part can be shared).

I'd think so.

Otherwise I couldn't see Valve doing anything to games they didn't own without an ok.

This is exactly why Valve, in the past, refused to comment on the matter or acknowledge Gabe's ancient and long-dead SPUF post, but apparently it's since taken some initiative.

topyy

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You guys are right, I'm an idiot, I'm sorry. Now I also feel stupid for not getting the BTA :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Trying to do this completely from memory. Is this how it used to look? Thoughts?

pq2Lnxj.png

Does anyone have a screenshot of this section in an old store page?

EDIT: Found one!

Guess I have some work to do still.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Defiance got some sort of samurai dlc? That's kinda cool, I should play some more of that one of these days, I actually liked it. This isn't the first add on either I believe

I'm shocked they are still supporting the game tho, it was dead even when I played it

JaseC

I didn't beat the average since Railroads was all I needed:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-F436CC8B1789ADF1 - Taken by tylergregg
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-8BC65482E662C77D - Taken by Shalashaska
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-E6BF39B96ACC87E0 - Taken by Kiru
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-63A8F2CC48070A2F - Taken by gwynplaine

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I like your current progress better. The original one with the 4th icon being a +43 (achievements) in a gray box looked bad. The link underneath takes you to the +43 other achievements so it's a waste.

So... more like this?

eZAkniv.png

DukeBobby

I just got South Park: The Stick of Truth from that Russian trader.

Damn, he is good. I sent the money and got the game within 20 seconds.

Hi guys! I don't know if this would be the appropriate thread to post this but this is the only steam related thread I see.

Where do you guys buy your Steam wallet codes online? I live in Asia and steam codes are rare or just practically non-existent (One reason I am a PS user, since PSN cards are easier to find here). I am new to this, only have opened a Paypal to buy a PS+ card so please bear with me.

Milamber

Hi guys! I don't know if this would be the appropriate thread to post this but this is the only steam related thread I see.

Where do you guys buy your Steam wallet codes online? I live in Asia and steam codes are rare or just practically non-existent (One reason I am a PS user, since PSN cards are easier to find here). I am new to this, only have opened a Paypal to buy a PS+ card so please bear with me.

If you got a credit/debit/paypal card, then just get from steam directly.

Levyne

Banned
Any idea when castlevania lords of shadow 2 is getting listed on Steam?

"Soon"

On XCOM, I started doing better once I considered reloading. I guess I was treating it a bit like Fire Emblem and didn't think there would be in map saves. I guess I was forcing "Ironman" on myself. I'll try not to abuse it though.

Game is great so far. Would keep playing if I didn't have to find time to sleep, haha.

Where in Asia are you? Steam recently added a bunch of payment options for South and South East Asia (e.g. Molpoints, e-club Malaysia store)

Milamber

Steam overlay worked great for PCSX2...
If only I could get BPM to faultlessly boot into game without resorting to m/kb.

Philippines. Paypal straight up NOPE my transaction. I wonder why. I might try that MOL since their website has a PH sub-directory. though I will have to read how it works. Thanks for the advice.

Also a late thank you to YMatticus for the Ace patrol pacific key.
I'm from Philippines too and my paypal and much later, prepaid debit card, went through fine.

JaseC

What's the problem with Eastern Europe? Yeah I might be lucky since I'm from SEA.

Disregard that as it's apparently changed:

steamrucheckoutakps8.jpg

This would certainly explain why PayPal is somewhat more common among traders these days.

Edit: I too got into the Steam Music beta but I don't think I'm going to bother until playlist support has been added.

catabarez

Steam overlay worked great for PCSX2...

If only I could get BPM to faultlessly boot into game without resorting to m/kb.

I'm from Philippines too and my paypal and much later, prepaid debit card, went through fine.

You can. Same with the Wii/GCN emulator. There is a PCSX2 thread somewhere with the information.

Blizzard

Banned
So this is interesting:
That really is cool to see. I never expected Valve support would actually be allowed to say that.

Maybe I should submit a support ticket and ask why they disabled the ability to play games without patching again (though technically I've only verified it on Starbound and Project CARS).

Nabs

That really is cool to see. I never expected Valve support would actually be allowed to say that.

Maybe I should submit a support ticket and ask why they disabled the ability to play games without patching again (though technically I've only verified it on Starbound and Project CARS).

You should just post in the beta forum and let the devs know.

jshackles

Just about there...

dzfQiwI.png

Does that look right to everyone? For you non-English speakers, were these ever translated?

Blizzard

Banned
You should just post in the beta forum and let the devs know.
Since it's two different games and someone else said they DID still get the option to opt out of updates in Starbound, I think it may just be certain people. I asked in this thread once or twice but didn't get any responses that I saw, so I'm aware it's something that only a few people care about. :p

Glad to see a fellow countryman here.

Thanks for the advice Everyone! For some reason the debit card that I use (Unionbank) worked as a credit card payment. Add me up: Psyxogineer. I only have a few games there and am not generally online. Vita takes my attention here.

Disregard that as it's apparently changed:

This would certainly explain why PayPal is somewhat more common among traders these days.

Maybe that the reason why.

Too bad I've missed that delicious Splinter Cell sale. That's the primary reason I've decided to purchase wallet keys but I was too late. Thanks payroll division! Which is ironic since I'm in HR.

Nabs

Since it's two different games and someone else said they DID still get the option to opt out of updates in Starbound, I think it may just be certain people. I asked in this thread once or twice but didn't get any responses that I saw, so I'm aware it's something that only a few people care about. :p

I got hit with the same bug.

jshackles

Done

OsTWMIp.png

The rollover text on the achievements will attempt to get the achievement's information in your store's language. Enhanced Steam's translators can translate the remaining text (such as "Includes X Steam Achievements", etc).

This will be almost identical to the original, with the exception that I am showing 4 achievements instead of the traditional 3 and "+ whatever" text.

There will be an option to disable this, in the event that Valve fixes this after I release this version of Enhanced Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom