• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

New IndieGala bundle

$1 Tier
Cubicity - Desura - GL
Interstellar Marines - Steam
Rush Bros - Steam

"BTA" Tier
Beast Boxing Turbo - Steam
Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves - Steam
Interstellar Marines Spearhead - Steam
PixelJunk Shooter - Steam

More games later

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
New IndieGala bundle

$1 Tier
Cubicity - Desura
Rush Bros - Steam

"BTA" Tier

More games later

Oh, nice, I missed this during the Winter Sale. Bought.

Arthea

New IndieGala bundle

$1 Tier
Cubicity - Desura
Rush Bros - Steam

"BTA" Tier

More games later

lol Rush Bros again, raise your hand if you haven't got it yet.
Sang-Froid! so bought

Faabulous

I would actually preffer they dont start using BRL. I'm only able to buy from steam nowadays because of BoaCompra, since a lot of banks made using international credit cards on steam and other places not possible, i wouldn't be able to buy on GMG D:

I'm not payed well enough for my bank to give an International card. It would be nice if they started supporting Hiper like Blizzard does or simply BoaCompra like Steam does, don't even need to convert to R$ lol

I'm not payed well enough for my bank to give an International card. It would be nice if they started supporting Hiper like Blizzard does or simply BoaCompra like Steam does, don't even need to convert to R$ lol

yeah, that would be better, but they probably wont support it :\

milena87

New IndieGala bundle

$1 Tier
Cubicity - Desura
Rush Bros - Steam

"BTA" Tier

More games later

Sang-Froid! I'll buy this as soon as I get home

New IndieGala bundle

$1 Tier
Cubicity - Desura
Rush Bros - Steam

"BTA" Tier

More games later

Is this worth it for Interstellar Marines and Beast Boxing Turbo? Beast Boxing Turbo looks fun and a lot like Punch-Out for the Wii. Interstellar Marines is something, frankly, I'd only be interested in if it has a decent single-player mode.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beast Boxing Turbo -- MB-A318935A572D01A4 - Taken by Dipper145
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-10598252E5792831 - Taken by Sendou
Interstellar Marines -- MB-BFE13480252E5032 - Taken by cardinalmind
Rush Bros -- MB-E5FEE91115A0D438 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Sang Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-0FA5180565464530 - Taken by Kifimbo

The Interstellar Marines key I'm offering is for the standard edition.

Sendou

Thanks JaseC. PixelJunk Shooter is definitely something I'll be playing sooner rather than later.

In fact I might do that now.

The Indie Gala sale is now "Under System Maintenance." Took my payment but I never got my keys in either my account or mail.

Edit: All good now!

Arthea

The Indie Gala sale is now "Under System Maintenance." Took my payment but I never got my keys in either my account or mail.

I noticed that lately their site has problems, for couple of weeks or so. Dunno what changed but something isn't quite right. Keep in mind though, that their customer support is super nice, they sold my problem with bundle not appearing in my account in seconds from sending e-mail, literally!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what Super Hexagon can be beaten? As in it has an ending? I sincerely thought its just an endless Eyecandy brutally messing your eyes and hands at the same time. MIND BLOWN.
It's both endless and has an ending. You beat a level after staying alive for 60 seconds, but can keep playing until you lose.

I'm not exactly sure what the time investment for beating Super Hexagon is, but I'm sure you could fit a complete Fallout: New Vegas playthrough in it and still have time for a few shorter games.
It took me a little over 12 hours on PC, plus a bunch more here and there on my phone. I only managed to beat Hyper Hexagonest once, a feat I wasn't able to repeat yet.

surely you jest!
Even clearing the first level seams like greatest achievement in life at this point. (><)
Oh no, I can't be more serious. I always suck at any game, but here I could feel myself getting better at it. I noticed how I could negotiate hard patterns simply by muscle memory, the fact that I knew how much to move and in which directions
-2 right, 3 left in one of Hyper Hexagonest's patterns for example-
and that I wasn't thinking about what was coming next and reacting by reflexes, but instead using what I had learned.

I'm being serious when I say I have only played two games in my whole life where I saw how much I had improved with time and was impressed by that: Super Hexagon and some of the Bit.Trip games (well, that's a bit more than two, but you get the idea :p). This game requires persistence and patience, but it's so rewarding that it's well worth it.

Now I'm not the biggest fan of rogue-like games as they usually infuriate me, but Rogue Legacy has really hooked me.

Got to the point now where I'm about ready to go and fight the first boss (and I've probably spent around 2-3 hours on this save). It's really fun to see the very subtle progression of your 'character', and there's enough variation in the actual mechanics and skills to prevent it feeling too repetitive.

I was focusing more on Barbarian characters because of the huge health pool, but their attack is so muted compared to other classes at the moment that I'm probably going to stick with a Shinobi or just a plain old Paladin for now - haven't really touched the mage side of things.

I am right in thinking that when you kill a main boss, that state is saved in the game world regardless of death?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Indie Gala charges me tax because I'm from the EU. Booooooo.

Edit: Plus it does the conversion from USD to EUR, which I then have to convert to GBP. I'm getting double screwed over here. Oh well, at least the games are cheap.

I am pretty sure only Jedi could beat this stage.

Me and my friends from Uni loved Super Hexagon to death and tried to seriously compete which each other for quite some time. Most of us (me included) did beat Hyper Hexagonest at least once. It's truly a satisfying experience :)

Probably one of my favorite PC games of all time, seriously. And it was hilarious to enter the Computer Lab and see 5~8 computers playing Super Hexagon.

JaseC

I'd forgotten that the Spearhead Edition comes with a gift copy of the standard edition:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines (standard) -- MB-B669E0A926D09563 - Taken by JakeD

This means you essentially get three copies of the game with the bundle.

As always, thanks JaseC!
Thanks JaseC. PixelJunk Shooter is definitely something I'll be playing sooner rather than later.

In fact I might do that now.
Thanks JaseC..=)

No worries. :)

The original IGBW wiki:
http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/
Has been abandoned by most of the editors who were working on it on account of generally poor performance on Wikia. This happened around Christmas.

They exported all of their past content and started:
http://igbwiki.com

The second is the one you want to link people to.

Ah, I do recall seeing a message on the Wikia site at one point, but when I checked again later it wasn't present, plus the articles were still being updated to some degree so I just assumed I'd imagined it, haha. Thanks for the heads-up/reminder.

Now I'm not the biggest fan of rogue-like games as they usually infuriate me, but Rogue Legacy has really hooked me.

Got to the point now where I'm about ready to go and fight the first boss (and I've probably spent around 2-3 hours on this save). It's really fun to see the very subtle progression of your 'character', and there's enough variation in the actual mechanics and skills to prevent it feeling too repetitive.

I was focusing more on Barbarian characters because of the huge health pool, but their attack is so muted compared to other classes at the moment that I'm probably going to stick with a Shinobi or just a plain old Paladin for now - haven't really touched the mage side of things.

I am right in thinking that when you kill a main boss, that state is saved in the game world regardless of death?

Yep the icon on the main door lights up to indicate you killed that boss and you can move onto the other 3 regardless of how many times you die in the meantime. Once all four are lit up it's time to take on the big boss.

I used barbarians and paladins to farm for gold to level up but I usually beat the bosses with an Archmage and flame barrier.

EDIT: Post more people so I can put my Interstellar Marine/Rush Bros. giveaway not in the last couple of posts of the old page 50pp/100pp.

Two copies of Interstellar Marines standard edition, one from the $1 tier and the second from the free gift for having the spearhead edition. One is a code and the other a steam gift, which one will you choose! I assume they will both work, oh and Rush Bros. I'm sure someone probably doesn't have it! It's like the 2nd or 3rd extra from bundles.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Rush Bros. -- MB-074E8E46D486F01C - Taken by cardinalmind
Interstellar Marines #2 -- MB-74334D81AA193853 - Taken by _hekk05
Interstellar Marines #1 -- MB-C3A3C6AD69381D1D - Taken by Kiru

So the snow has me working from the house today. And by "working," I think that's going to mean either starting Crusader Kings 2 or Europa Universalis 4 for the very first time. Is there a general sense of which one might be better to try first, to ease into the deep deep waters of Paradox?

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sid Meier's Civilization 3 Complete -- MB-E109C0A00AB40D51 - Taken by Kirosia

Saty

Rules for this Giveaway:

Interstellar Marines (Standard) -- MB-B049E6886C9ADCBC - Taken by Ezra2680

Good luck.

_hekk05

Banned
Two copies of Interstellar Marines standard edition, one from the $1 tier and the second from the free gift for having the spearhead edition. One is a code and the other a steam gift, which one will you choose! I assume they will both work, oh and Rush Bros. I'm sure someone probably doesn't have it! It's like the 2nd or 3rd extra from bundles.

Thanks for interstellar marines. I seem to have gotten the steam gift.

Arthea

Hyper Hexagonest

It just complicates my gaming life a bit too much, not only I have BNW hanging there, waiting to consume my soul, I yet have get to freedom in 10,000,000, and have no doubt that game is trolling me! I hardly need another challenger to my sanity!
I'll leave it for later, but will get back to it, it's hard not to ;)

Kiru

Thanks! :)

Anteater

Enslaved, think I'm about half way through

I think the game design so far feel lazy, the auto platforming, simplistic combat, turret section and a mix of some running away sequences were all kind of predictable, those elements aren't exactly deep or well designed, but aren't exactly shit.

So far it's just kind of meh, with nothing great to talk about. The mindless platforming and combat is ok though and I'm interested to see more of the story, the visuals and environments are really cool though.

There are some glitches here and there like falling through a floor multiple times, it seems like they didn't do a good job walling off every platform :p

I tried out the Steam in home streaming beta the other day. Very cool. I'm more excited about it then steam machines or steamos. I can only imagine how better bandwidth and computers in a few years will just make things amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom