• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That is actually a question I wanted to ask: which one do you think it's more reliable/safest? I don't want a) my Steam login details to end up God knows where and b) an itchy Steam Support member deactivating or worse permanently disabling my account...

I use Spotflux for the US and FlyVPN for everywhere else (though the free servers of the latter can be a bit of a pain to get into during busy periods). Technically using a VPN at all is against the SSA but Valve stopped outright banning accounts almost two years ago in favour of a restriction-based system and there are no verified or reputable reports of Valve bringing the account restriction hammer down upon the accounts of those who use VPNs solely for activating keys or unlocking games early -- I've been using them on and off for about two-and-a-half years now and haven't had a single issue.

North America right?

not just USA hopefully.

America as in the continent -- North, Central and South.

_hekk05

Banned
I did that with Saint's Row 4, and spent 3 weeks worrying that Steam would ban my account if they found out. Don't want to go through that again for Inversion.

Enjoy Hekk!

If you've already done it once you can probably just do it again though. I doubt valve really wants to enforce region locking.

Today's SEGA deals on GMG include:
  • Hell Yeah 75% off
  • Renegade Ops 75% off
  • Company of Heroes 1 & 2 75% off
  • Dawn of War 75% off
  • Dawn of War II 75% off (GFWL)
  • Dawn of War II Retribution 75% off
  • Warhammer 40K Space Marine 75% off

Are there any promotional codes that apply to these games?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If anyone needs help activating your US-locked games on your Steam account, I'd be willing to log in and do the job.

Please just send me your details and I'll get to you in order of how much is in your Steam wallet.

Derrick01

Banned
It's always weird when Derrick's back. I shouldn't miss all that hate but I do. :p

I think I figured it out, people always forget what they love until it's taken away from them. Then a couple months later you all will get tired of me again and I'll have to get banned again for another extremely small thing so you guys can go back to missing me :)

Ok here's my winter sale backlog. I kind of got a lot done in a month even excluding the 3DS and PS3 games I played.

I see you're still fighting to good fight. Welcome back.

If I'm not mistaken I think he likes Terraria and plans to play Starbound once it's out of beta. You guys are too rough on him.

No seriously, he doesn't like indie games outside of like 1 or 2 I believe.

I liked Far Cry 3. World was pleasing to explore, taking over outposts was fun, gunplay was smooth/fun, hunting was fun, and I liked the premise, and the story was engaging the whole way through. It did have the monotonous "climb this huge tower to reveal map", but at least there weren't *too many* towers (only 18), plus the incentives to do so were good (unlocking new weapons). In AC, there's just an ungodly amount of cranes to synchronize.

If you like FPS, I highly recommend it. Can't wait to play Blood Dragon.

I tend to agree. I'm about 5 hours in right now and really enjoying it. Driving vehicles basically sucks, so I avoid them. Hunting is enjoyable...outside of sharks. Fuck sharks. The bow is pretty baller, makes me feel like Rambo. Need to get some special arrows.

Thank you Cade!

BTW the game is NCSA app so can be activated in:

US United States
CA Canada
MX Mexico
PR Puerto Rico
BS Bahamas
PA Panama
BZ Belize
CR Costa Rica
SV El Salvador
GT Guatemala
HN Honduras
NI Nicaragua
VE Venezuela
CO Colombia
GY Guyana
SR Suriname
GF French Guiana
BR Brazil
PE Peru
BO Bolivia
PY Paraguay
UY Uruguay
AR Argentina
CL Chile
EC Ecuador

Awesome!
VictoryDance.gif

Derrick01

Banned
I see you're still fighting to good fight. Welcome back.

No seriously, he doesn't like indie games outside of like 1 or 2 I believe.

I tend to agree. I'm about 5 hours in right now and really enjoying it. Driving vehicles basically sucks, so I avoid them. Hunting is enjoyable...outside of sharks. Fuck sharks. The bow is pretty baller, makes me feel like Rambo. Need to get some special arrows.

Thank you. I also liked Far Cry 3 for the first few hours but eventually the poor Ubisoft design grates on you enough. By hour 20 you'll probably be begging for it to end. It doesn't help that the game is only challenging at the very beginning when you don't have any abilities unlocked. In typical Ubisoft fashion the more you unlock and the more things you craft the more unstoppable you become.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I want to buy Enslaved+Inversion, BUT I only have $2.45 in my bank account, BUT I have more money in my PayPal, BUT Amazon doesn't accept PayPal AND it takes 3-4 business days for money to transfer, BUT the promotional codes end after today, SO I think I'm going to wait until tonight as I'm already transferring money to my bank account as of this morning and then try and buy it and risk the overcharges fees, though hoping not, I don't want $0.50 to turn into a $30 fee.

Parsnip

you could always just write in the address of google or yahoo or whatever and use your normal billing since they dont care if they match for digital purchases afaik

Yep. I live in Canada and have been using a random US address with my Canadian credit card for years. No problems.
Thanks, worked great.

And I used Spotflux to activate Inversion as was suggested a few pages back.

Mairu

I can't decide if I want to grab Naruto from Amazon for $15 or not. I haven't watched/read/played anything Naruto in a long time but I really enjoyed the series on GameCube. Anyone have any insight onto the Steam release?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thank you Cade!

BTW the game is NCSA app so can be activated in:

US United States
CA Canada
MX Mexico
PR Puerto Rico
BS Bahamas
PA Panama
BZ Belize
CR Costa Rica
SV El Salvador
GT Guatemala
HN Honduras
NI Nicaragua
VE Venezuela
CO Colombia
GY Guyana
SR Suriname
GF French Guiana
BR Brazil
PE Peru
BO Bolivia
PY Paraguay
UY Uruguay
AR Argentina
CL Chile
EC Ecuador

That's an interesting list of countries sorted by order of actually existing, by the way.

Zeknurn

Anything else worth picking up in the Editor's Choice? I think I might have one coupon over.

Otherwise my haul was pretty decent.
Bioshock Infinite for 5$
Legacy of Kain pack for 2,5$
Syndicate+Saboteur for 5$
Enslaved+Inversion for 5$

AHA-Lambda

I think I figured it out, people always forget what they love until it's taken away from them. Then a couple months later you all will get tired of me again and I'll have to get banned again for another extremely small thing so you guys can go back to missing me :)

And this is why annnualisation is a bad thing :p

Surprisingly missed Derrick's refreshing cynicism XD

I want to buy Enslaved+Inversion, BUT I only have $2.45 in my bank account, BUT I have more money in my PayPal, BUT Amazon doesn't accept PayPal AND it takes 3-4 business days for money to transfer, BUT the promotional codes end after today, SO I think I'm going to wait until tonight as I'm already transferring money to my bank account as of this morning and then try and buy it and risk the overcharges fees, though hoping not, I don't want $0.50 to turn into a $30 fee.

Are you AestheticGamer? I think I have you on my FR. I'll hook ya up. I have unused Amazon coupons. PM incoming in a few min.

hohoXD123

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-086263F3B9E849B6 - Taken by Evrain

dani_dc

Anything else worth picking up in the Editor's Choice? I think I might have one coupon over.

Otherwise my haul was pretty decent.
Bioshock Infinite for 5$
Legacy of Kain pack for 2,5$
Syndicate+Saboteur for 5$
Enslaved+Inversion for 5$

If you don't have it yet, Dark Souls tomorrow. $7.49 before coupon, $2.49 after.

Deal was supposed to go up today, but due to lack of Keys it will last until tomorrow and the EC coupons will still work for that day.

Wish the steam app would let me redeem codes. Id like to buy something from amazon/gmg/where ever and redeem the code, which would let me remotely install the game. PSN lets me do this with the Vita and the PS4 and it's great to come home and have it all installed and ready to go.

Copons

Is no mundane job safe from being Simulated?

I'd totally play a Web Designer Simulator 2014, where every day a new device with different resolution, aspect ratio and pixel density is released and you can charge unlimited amounts of money to your clients for a shiny new media query. <3

Dr Dogg

I keep on seeing Farming Simulator Platinum Edition in the local super market for £5. If only it were Steam redeemable.

It's only a matter of time before we get Simulator Developer Simulator.

How's your Suarez Avatar Creation Simulator coming along?

Arthea

It's only a matter of time before we get Simulator Developer Simulator.

I thought we already agreed on this, it has to be Gaming Simulator or Simulation Simulator.

Also thanks dorxan for Shank 2.
I'll check my keys as usual for something to give away later. Please, be excited!

I see Derrick is back, this time he can finally add me on steam, and I'll finally can get some rest while seeing that he plays all those game he hates. Really, I need this, I barely can sleep!

Zeknurn

If you don't have it yet, Dark Souls tomorrow. $7.49 before coupon, $2.49 after.

Deal was supposed to go up today, but due to lack of Keys it will last until tomorrow and the EC coupons will still work for that day.

I bought it a while ago and I have yet to play it in true Steam fashion. Great suggestion though.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Nice, I was a few cents away from buying SC: Chaos Theory with card money but I just solved that by selling one more card. I really need to stop being lazy and put the leftover cards currently in my inventory on the market + get all the drops I still have in my library.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Am I limited to getting just 1 extra bundle from indiegala or they just simply take their sweet time?

hlhbk

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hlhbk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West -- MB-71516451012100DD

t1391201230z1.png

I hope I posted this right!

Another Inversion for you guys
ModBot said:
Instructions for PetriP-TNT:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Inversion (america only) -- MB-CA298DF00ABB39F0 - Taken by bronson

nexen

Welcome back. Maybe. :)

It always amazes me what PC gamers will consider good or bad ports. :lol
Note: this is just something your post reminded me of, not directly related to your comments.

To me the bar to hit for a PC port is that it runs about as well on comparable hardware as it did on the console and with whatever resolution my hw supports.

So on any decent modern rig that means 60hz @ 1080p.
It should also have a vsync option, or I get pissy.

Enslaved hits the bar, but expends no effort to surpass it. It is adequate. They didn't really mess anything up, but they didn't improve anything either.

A "good" PC port will have lots of PC specific options for me to fiddle with and take advantage of better hardware. Up-rezzed textures, shadow maps, and possibly better screen space effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom