• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How's your Suarez Avatar Creation Simulator coming along?

I'm still working on the design document. I have big ideas!

I thought we already agreed on this, it has to be Gaming Simulator or Simulation Simulator.

Simulator Developer Simulator followed by Simulator Player Simulator!

Oh man! I've been wanting to check this out since you first brought it up. I'm super pleased that it's available.

At 249 Russiabucks I'll probably jump on it in addition to the Blacklist DDE if Longbow Games denies my humble request.

nexen

Why the hell is Dawn of War II: Retribution still > $10 for like every sale? I think the lowest I've seen it is $7.50.

This is an expansion for a game that has been in the $1 tier of a Humble Bundle. I don't get it.

Nabs

February 3 - Aqua Kitty

ak_mechanic.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263880/

MySeOHc.png

def sim

All right, after dealing with some resellers I managed to get Bio Infinite for $14 with the pass. I paid a little more than I wanted, but whatevs.

hlhbk

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hlhbk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock Infinite -- MB-704E5E984C2A6305

t1391201636z1.png

Enjoy!

Gvaz

Banned
Anything else worth picking up in the Editor's Choice? I think I might have one coupon over.

Otherwise my haul was pretty decent.
Bioshock Infinite for 5$
Legacy of Kain pack for 2,5$
Syndicate+Saboteur for 5$
Enslaved+Inversion for 5$

Oh fuck I want saboteur D:

HoosTrax

Woohoo, thanks to dorxan for Cortex Command!

Tis my first time winning a modbot giveaway :D. I think this was in one of the very first Humble Bundles, which I missed, but I got all of the games in it at some point later, except Cortex Command.

kiyomi

I finally joined the 100 club by grabbing Splinter Cell Conviction and Mark of the Ninja while they were on sale! Yay!

Too bad I can't play about 70% of the games in my library ;_;

dot

I can't decide if I want to grab Naruto from Amazon for $15 or not. I haven't watched/read/played anything Naruto in a long time but I really enjoyed the series on GameCube. Anyone have any insight onto the Steam release?

From what i've heard it's a bad port. It's locked to 30fps and apparently the online is broken. They might have patched up the game though since i last looked into it. Keep in mind that i do not own the game (on pc anyways). This is just what i've heard.

Besides the storyline being super confusing, i think the game might be worth a shot. The previous Ninja Storm games are better but this one ain't bad. It's not really like the naruto games on Gamecube though. In this one you can move around a lot more and it's awfully pretty in pictures and in motion.

Also keep in mind that this is the cheapest the game has gone for, so if you want it you should buy it now. It's unlikely to be this cheap again for a while. I'm personally waiting for it to hit $10 (for an impulse buy) like Arthea and who knows how long that will be...lol.

Evrain

From what i've heard it's a bad port. It's locked to 30fps and apparently the online is broken. They might have patched up the game though since i last looked into it. Keep in mind that i do not own the game (on pc anyways). This is just what i've heard.

Besides the storyline being super confusing, i think the game might be worth a shot. The previous Ninja Storm games are better but this one ain't bad. It's not really like the naruto games on Gamecube though. In this one you can move around a lot more and it's awfully pretty in pictures and in motion.

Also keep in mind that this is the cheapest the game has gone for, so if you want it you should buy it now. It's unlikely to be this cheap again for a while. I'm personally waiting for it to hit $10 like Arthea and who knows how long that will be...lol.
If I recall correctly, it's another convoluted online system à la Konami: basically, game servers are selected according to the CD key. Take it with a grain of salt, however.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What are we thinking is on the go with the Amalur stuff? Game gets EA added as copublisher, MSRP drop to 19.99, and weekend sale.

Is it:
Option A - The JaseC Patented Hoarder Conspiracy Theory - EA is giving the game one final sale before taking it on a mothership to its home planet

or

Option B - Since the game now has a non-defunct publisher, it will be entered into the sale rotation on a regular basis.

dot

If I recall correctly, it's another convoluted online system à la Konami: basically, game servers are selected according to the CD key. Take it with a grain of salt, however.

That sounds terrible and i hope it's not true.

Having said all that i wish all these Inversion/Enslaved giveaways were of naruto instead. :(

and also thank you dorxan for Snaphot.

Dambrosi

Banned
Crying shame about Inversion being Americas only, otherwise I'd have tried for it.

I assume that Enslaved has no such region-locking nonsense applied to it?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I already have Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning on 360. Is it worth getting in on PC? Is DLC any good?

The PC version offers no notable advantages over the console versions unless the load times bother you. As for the DLC, it's basically more of the same albeit set in their own smaller locations rather than spread about the main game's larger slice of Amalur.

I assume that Enslaved has no such region-locking nonsense applied to it?

Correct.

Edit: Though apparently the game's MP is region-based and the game has separate subs for the US, Eastern Europe, rest-of-Europe and Asia.

Derrick01

Banned
I already have Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning on 360. Is it worth getting in on PC? Is DLC any good?

That game defines the word repetitive. It has hundreds of quests and none of them amount to anything more than typical MMO fetch or kill X amount quests. I have a feeling their MMO was just going to be Reckoning with the ability to support hundreds of people at once.

Tizoc

How does 'Wolf Among Us' perform on PC? Walking Dead on PS3 had some irritating jankiness and was really choppy, is the case similar with WAU or does it iron out some of the issues?

Zafir

Got the Naruto game off amazon and it is region free if anyone was wondering works on my eu account :)
It's region free, but if you play online you'll get put with American players. I dunno if there's a way to swap regions it assigns you to yet. It doesn't bother me much as I don't care for online, but still worth noting.

Annubis

How does 'Wolf Among Us' perform on PC? Walking Dead on PS3 had some irritating jankiness and was really choppy, is the case similar with WAU or does it iron out some of the issues?

As far as I know, they never fixed the save bug.
So that probably still exists.

That game defines the word repetitive. It has hundreds of quests and none of them amount to anything more than typical MMO fetch or kill X amount quests. I have a feeling their MMO was just going to be Reckoning with the ability to support hundreds of people at once.

I played about 45 minutes of the game and already fatigue was setting in. It's also guilty of some awful exposition dumps.

Mairu

Also keep in mind that this is the cheapest the game has gone for, so if you want it you should buy it now. It's unlikely to be this cheap again for a while. I'm personally waiting for it to hit $10 (for an impulse buy) like Arthea and who knows how long that will be...lol.

I can wait till it gets cheaper. Thanks for the heads up about the PC issues.

Does anyone have an extra coupon that wants to help me out? I think they are account bound so if you buy me Enslaved&Inversion for $2.50 I will paypal you or buy you a steam game for $5.00!

FloatOn

should I buy guacamelee?

I don't like internet memes

internet memes are fairly minimal actually. references to other video games however are in abundance and I like seeing what the developers are fans of.

the game features a great combat system. fun and challenging platforming. some exciting boss fights and plenty of secret items.

absolutely worth it.

Kiru

Runs like a charm on my crap pc. Athlon X2 6400+ , GeForce GTS 250

I'm an idiot, so here are some keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-DCC750DE76DA1630 - Taken by KenOD. 4 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-BFF36F59CB4D121D - Taken by tylergregg. 2 entrants total.
Crysis 2 (Origin) -- MB-6F152EC5CBC89F7C - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.

t1391194030z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom