• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

I know the page was posted before, but Treasure just posted this on their Greenlight page:

Steam Edition specs
Coming Soon!

Ikaruga Steam Edition is under final debugging.
Won't be long before you can play it.

Ikaruga Steam Edition specs

Various Screen Mode Support (Screen shot added)
- Up to Full HD (1920x1080 or 1920X1200)
- Adjust size of Menu and HUD as you like
- Window mode
- Vertical Mode
- By rotating only the game screen, you can also play the game horizontally.
(like side scroll shooter)

Full Controller Support
Keyboard and Mouse Supprt
Double Play Mode
- You can play 2-Players game with one controller

Replay Mode
- Replay data save available same as Xbox Live Arcade edition
- You can download replay from Leaderboard

Steam Feature
- Steam Achievements
- Steam Leaderboards (Global / Friends)
- Steam Cloud

Another Inversion Key - US only again

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-0C89EB67AF1AC0C8 - Taken by RS4-. 9 entrants total.

t1391194615z1.png

Dolor

What are we thinking is on the go with the Amalur stuff? Game gets EA added as copublisher, MSRP drop to 19.99, and weekend sale.

Is it:
Option A - The JaseC Patented Hoarder Conspiracy Theory - EA is giving the game one final sale before taking it on a mothership to its home planet

or

Option B - Since the game now has a non-defunct publisher, it will be entered into the sale rotation on a regular basis.

Option C: EA is realizing their mistake in keeping all their games on Origin, and each sale is further proof of how much money they can make by releasing their games on Steam.

I know the page was posted before, but Treasure just posted this on their Greenlight page:

I am surprised there aren't more games coming out with cards. I would assume all the people that don't care about collecting them would request them so that they can sell them to suckers like me... weird.

That game defines the word repetitive. It has hundreds of quests and none of them amount to anything more than typical MMO fetch or kill X amount quests. I have a feeling their MMO was just going to be Reckoning with the ability to support hundreds of people at once.

Congratulations. You've described gaming in general. At least how most games comes of too people who do not enjoy the core gamplay presented. Good job. :D

To me the bar to hit for a PC port is that it runs about as well on comparable hardware as it did on the console and with whatever resolution my hw supports.

So on any decent modern rig that means 60hz @ 1080p.
It should also have a vsync option, or I get pissy.

Enslaved hits the bar, but expends no effort to surpass it. It is adequate. They didn't really mess anything up, but they didn't improve anything either.

A "good" PC port will have lots of PC specific options for me to fiddle with and take advantage of better hardware. Up-rezzed textures, shadow maps, and possibly better screen space effects.

For me, I'm happy enough if there's some resolution options to get it to fit my display properly and if it fixes any technical limitations/problems that were present on consoles.

I think Enslaved, for example, does most of that. So I'm happy enough with it. Is it a fantastic piece of work? Not particularly, but if the game runs at a constant framerate now and doesn't look worse than it did on consoles, it might not be robust, but it will give people who didn't want to buy a ps3/x360 to play it a shot to do so and in a better overall manner than the console users got.

And then you have the fact that most of these things are able to be modded/tweaked. Look at what Durante did with Dark Souls and Deadly Premonition (and there's apparently som .ini graphics tweaks for Enslaved... thought not Durante, I think?). The fact that it's on PC and runs well is what I really care about. Having improved over the console versions is nice but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Really average game with nice aesthetics and music. It is REALLY easy too.

Wrong.
Most times opinions are opinions.
In this case, it's not. In this case it's factually incorrect.

should I buy guacamelee?

I don't like internet memes

Anyone who's bitching about the game containing too many memes is just looking for a reason to hate it -- there really aren't that many meme parodies and they're pretty unobtrusive, IMO -- to the point where I didn't even notice them because they're just background stuff.

internet memes are fairly minimal actually. references to other video games however are in abundance and I like seeing what the developers are fans of.

the game features a great combat system. fun and challenging platforming. some exciting boss fights and plenty of secret items.

absolutely worth it.

Agree. *brofist*

Oh, I won Dear Esther. Thank you very much!

I'm sorry. :p

Day one.
Or let me preorder!

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh I don't really play metroidvanias but like I'm not really interested if there's no story or whatever behind it I think

I dunno

I'll probably buy it some other day

too busy getting my ass kicked in xenosaga anyways

thefil

Was poking around settings today looking for a way to disable the Xbox button starting Big Picture, and noticed I was in the Family Sharing beta. That's awesome, although I wish my girlfriend was in it instead - we've been logging back and forth on my PC to play Lego games (on her account) on the TV, and it's annoying as hell.

Seriously though, is there any way to make the Xbox button not launch Big Picture? I'm having my Dual Shock 4 spoof as a 360 controller, and you turn it off by holding the home button, which means that I always open big picture mode when I'm turning off the controller.

Tellaerin

There's no need to, it's one of the most thoroughly mediocre and forgettable games I've played in a while. It's one of the winter sale games I played when I was banned, maybe later I'll write up some impressions of the games I finished.

"Derrick01, welcome back. We missed you."

(Seriously, I may not agree with a lot of your opinions, but things just aren't the same without you around. Good to have you back.)

nexen

For me, I'm happy enough if there's some resolution options to get it to fit my display properly and if it fixes any technical limitations/problems that were present on consoles.

I think Enslaved, for example, does most of that. So I'm happy enough with it. Is it a fantastic piece of work? Not particularly, but if the game runs at a constant framerate now and doesn't look worse than it did on consoles, it might not be robust, but it will give people who didn't want to buy a ps3/x360 to play it a shot to do so and in a better overall manner than the console users got.

And then you have the fact that most of these things are able to be modded/tweaked. Look at what Durante did with Dark Souls and Deadly Premonition (and there's apparently som .ini graphics tweaks for Enslaved... thought not Durante, I think?). The fact that it's on PC and runs well is what I really care about. Having improved over the console versions is nice but I'll take what I can get at this point.
Yep. Adequate port. Nothing fancy but gets the job done.

Was poking around settings today looking for a way to disable the Xbox button starting Big Picture, and noticed I was in the Family Sharing beta. That's awesome, although I wish my girlfriend was in it instead - we've been logging back and forth on my PC to play Lego games (on her account) on the TV, and it's annoying as hell.

Seriously though, is there any way to make the Xbox button not launch Big Picture? I'm having my Dual Shock 4 spoof as a 360 controller, and you turn it off by holding the home button, which means that I always open big picture mode when I'm turning off the controller.

The best thing I can recommend for you here is to shut down the controller before you exit the game... then use the keyboard/mouse to kill it. Or adapt to big picture mode... if you start BPM before you launch the game, it's actually not bad... I'm learning to deal.

But usually, I hold L1+R1+guide to turn it off (I'm used to the DS3 command for that with SCP DS3 Service)... and I usually do it before I quit the game to avoid BPM launching. If you do it in game now, it prevents BPM from starting.

tbh I don't really play metroidvanias but like I'm not really interested if there's no story or whatever behind it I think

I dunno

I'll probably buy it some other day

too busy getting my ass kicked in xenosaga anyways

It's not an RPG level of story in terms of detail, but there is some story to it. And the combat is bloody fantastic for a 2D metroidvania brawler with no weapons.

Yep. Adequate port. Nothing fancy but gets the job done.

I agree. I just laugh at how finicky PC gamers can be about some of these ports. General musings, not related to you calling it adequate in the least. It just irks me that some PC gamers can't be happy with an adequate port and call it bad because the company didn't totally redo the game for the PC release.

Honestly, I hate to sound like a corporate apologizer, but in some cases, we're damned lucky to even get a port on PC as a platform. And if we get it and it's adequate, I'm happy with that for the most part. Like Dark Souls, for example. Sure they used GFWL (hopefully they patch it out sooner rather than never) and it had some bad rendering issues, but with a little community help, it's fantastic. Even more so, it helped convince Namco and FROM to put the sequel on PC at/near launch of the title and to do a better job and learn about the process. Not everything can be 100% perfect.

Backlogger

Am I limited to getting just 1 extra bundle from indiegala or they just simply take their sweet time?

I don't think you are limited to one. Doesn't the Happy Hour promo give you extra gifts?

They always make a big deal about being sure to click the "This is a gift" checkbox. If you don't check that box you don't get extra bundles (the money is applied to your personal order).

Evrain

ModBot said:
Instructions for Evrain:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crysis 2 (Origin) -- MB-6F152EC5CBC89F7C - Taken by DJSebolski. 1 entrants total.

t1391195741z1.png
What do you have when you cobble together a tired student with two papers to submit tomorrow, two litres of black coffee and a Dark Souls fixation? Me!
Full credit goes to brotkasten, which I thank, Apparently, I already own Crysis 2, god only knows how.

Anteater

A lot of great deals at the end of this month :eek:, bad timing, probably going to miss Guacamelee for now.

Anyway, at chapter 9 in Mafia 2

There were a lotta driving

rtcn63

So I won a second Inversion key from spindoctor, so first to quote this message gets the key via PM. All credit to him, it was his key.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

ibugAnJBoVASGK.png

Humble Weekly Sale: Codemasters -- MB-05E4F7C9C47C3508 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 13 entrants total.

t1391195696z1.png

I'm sorry. :p

Why? :p

Dr Dogg

A lot of great deals at the end of this month :eek:, bad timing, probably going to miss Guacamelee for now.

Anyway, at chapter 9 in Mafia 2

There were a lotta driving

I don't know what's the worse thing about Mafia II's driving, the slow accelerating 50's cars or the constantly on edge coppers who are intent on chasing you down if you so much as go 1mph over the limit.

Anteater

I don't know what's the worse thing about Mafia II's driving, the slow accelerating 50's cars or the constantly on edge coppers who are intent on chasing you down if you so much as go 1mph over the limit.

I made the mistake of ramming into a cop once while I was in a mission, the van I was driving was like 3 times slower than the cops, it took forever to shake them off, never again!

there is 2 offer I want them one is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is it good game? the other is the ship

KoA is considered pretty bad. The story and quests are the definition of repetitive, while the combat is pretty good. It has also basically never been on sale. Which is why people are picking it up.

Grief.exe

KoA is considered pretty bad. The story and quests are the definition of repetitive, while the combat is pretty good. It has also basically never been on sale. Which is why people are picking it up.

People are worried that it will be removed on Steam, which inflates its perceived value tremendously.

Interesting stuff.

For all you people picking up Amalur, you might want to consider applying the YSA mod to it. The text document at the bottom of the page will tell you what it changes, but to give you an idea (and show how ridiculously easy the unmodded game is), the first three things it lists are reducing experience gained to 40%, doubles the damage you receive, and halves the damage you dish out.

KoA is considered pretty bad. The story and quests are the definition of repetitive, while the combat is pretty good.

Nah, it's just as mediocre and repetitive as the rest of the game. I've heard people say they like it, but I can't think of anything that makes it unique or interesting.

It's only a matter of time before we get Simulator Developer Simulator.

I want a Steam Simulator. Where you play as Valve. Somewhere between GameDevTycoon's happy little pixel people, and Lord of Football's "oh god, my programmers are all off on a hookers and coke binge in the middle of this Steam Sale!" life-management

DocSeuss

I want a Steam Simulator. Where you play as Valve. Somewhere between GameDevTycoon's happy little pixel people, and Lord of Football's "oh god, my programmers are all off on a hookers and coke binge in the middle of this Steam Sale!" life-management

Give credit where credit's due: GameDevStory. GameDevTycoon is a ripoff with nicer art and significantly less mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom