• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Big Picture Mode seems to be crapping out during a lot of games since the last beta update. I couldn't get the overlay to show up during Crysis Warhead, and not it's not showing up in Q.U.B.E. either.

I disagree with you completely, the game is not bad and was one of my favorite new games from 2012

it has an 88% positive to 12% negative customer review rating on Steam

just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's considered bad

I said it was considered bad, echoing from most of the responses here. I haven't played long enough to formulate a hard opinion.

You are free to disagree, but just because you enjoyed the game doesn't mean it's considered 'good' either.

Lain

I should have 14 coupons left for the Amazon EC.
I'm up to help people without coupons to grab stuff from the EC as long as they are OK with giving me an Amazon Gift Card code, because my pre-paid card is basically empty, so I can't spot the game in advance.

Hanzou

I'm up to help people without coupons to grab stuff from the EC as long as they are OK with giving me an Amazon Gift Card code, because my pre-paid card is basically empty, so I can't spot the game in advance.
Check you pm

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
apparently i won 2 copies of Inversion from raffles. I redeemed the one from Leon Belmont. Thanks!

resubmitted the key from Waku here: (US restriction only)

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-9CC17E9BAF7489EA - Taken by jediyoshi. 9 entrants total.

t1391201230z1.png

Evrain

Dark Souls is live.
Gentlemen, start your engines (and buy a new controller. Also, kudos points to whoever gets the reference)

Gvaz

Banned
I disagree with you completely, the game is not bad and was one of my favorite new games from 2012

it has an 88% positive to 12% negative customer review rating on Steam

just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's considered bad

I don't know about the reviews on steam, but it's critically as well as person-to-person wise reported as being really generic and boring.

Tellaerin

I said it was considered bad, echoing from most of the responses here. I haven't played long enough to formulate a hard opinion.

You are free to disagree, but just because you enjoyed the game doesn't mean it's considered 'good' either.

The PC version of Amalur has an 81 Metascore. It's fair to say that the game is considered to be good, generally speaking. (An 81's definitely not bad, at any rate.) Whether or not the game's considered good amongst SteamGAF is debatable, but he wasn't wrong to make a blanket statement like that.

Acccent

Did Steam just change the default medium-size thumbnails? I was tweaking my wishlist and after a refresh all the images had changed...

I know that feeling! I had to force myself not to buy it this year, simply a time vacuum for me.

Have 450 hours of FM2011 on steam, although to be honest I used to just always have it on in the background, put 288 into FM2012 as well, they really do steal all your time. Still crave playing it a lot though

gabbo

I just got in. Want to say thank you very much to jawmuncher for Enslaved and Inversion.
I'm glad you got a chuckle or two from my steam dinocrisis.
Cheers!

Gvaz

Banned
Treasure just put up an Ikaruga for Steam page (in Japanese) on their homepage:

http://www.treasure-inc.co.jp/SteamIkarugaPre.html

16:9
ise_snapshot2.jpg

4:3
ise_snapshot3.jpg

Windowed mode:
ise_snapshot4.jpg

Options screen:
ise_snapshot5.jpg

System requirements mention it running on integrated graphics, so I'm guessing it won't be terribly demanding. :p

(Does not come out black belt) It also supports the display of (1920x1200) screen ratio 16:10.

So not only will it not have GFWL and have good steam integration at the start, it will also not be letterboxed and support 16:10 resolutions out of the box?

INSTABUY

Leg-End

Have 450 hours of FM2011 on steam, although to be honest I used to just always have it on in the background, put 288 into FM2012 as well, they really do steal all your time. Still crave playing it a lot though

Those are rookie numbers in this game kid, 793 hours on FM2013.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Just had a pop up in Steam asking me to verify my e-mail.

Nothing wrong with that and appeared to be a periodical thing, but that's a new one to me, so changed my passwords etc just to be sure someone wasn't playing funny beggars.

Backlogger

Thanks Lain!

oipic

Derrick's back! Full service is resumed, it's good to have you back on deck, mate. :)

So dear SteamGAF, I have held onto my one EC coupon, and had been eyeing off Max Payne 3... but would using it to pick up Enslaved instead be a better option? I should probably play MP1 & 2 first, anyway, perhaps.

MRORANGE

Just had a pop up in Steam asking me to verify my e-mail.

Nothing wrong with that and appeared to be a periodical thing, but that's a new one to me, so changed my passwords etc just to be sure someone wasn't playing funny beggars.

It's fine, don't worry.

I have finished Dust: Elysian Tail... beautiful game, oh! and the Easter Eggs... brilliant!!!

What it seems wrong are my achievement. Look at my steam account, it counts 26/30:
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o230/alucardx83/Dust1.png

But inside game it seems to be 28/30:
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o230/alucardx83/2014-01-24_00001.jpg

What's going on?

Were you offline for 2 of them?

Let me give you money treasure

I keep throwing money at the screen, but I can't get Ikaruga purchased.

Grief.exe

Derrick's back! Full service is resumed, it's good to have you back on deck, mate. :)

So dear SteamGAF, I have held onto my one EC coupon, and had been eyeing off Max Payne 3... but would using it to pick up Enslaved instead be a better option? I should probably play MP1 & 2 first, anyway, perhaps.

The story of 1 & 2 don't really effect the 3rd game in any particular way.

Make sure to check out this thread for widescreen hack http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540612

MRORANGE

Max Payne 1+2 have aged somewhat, 2 is still fine, expect a lengthy SP, haven't played much of MP3 but it seems to get mixed views.

Here's all you need to know going in to MP3: Max's wife is dead and it made Max sad.

Enjoy one of the best games of 2012!

The_Monk

I enjoyed Max Payne 3 despite playing it on the console. I wonder if I should replay it someday on PC. Aside of the cut scenes who made my brain a little dizzy it's a good game. The representation of Brazil and the voice acting is superb. I'm not Brazilian but those moments in the Favela sure were tense, also, it's fun to hear them talking since it's a fresh experience from the usual English in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom