• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Why are you changing your avatar like crazy to other characters from reservoir dogs ? lol

Well he is MRORANGE after all ;).

That or it's another signal to join the Joe Cabot crew.

Speaking of avatars I've lost mine .Knew RPJ was a bad idea :(.

Nabs

You can now Pre-purchase South Park: The Stick of Truth

capsule_616x353.jpg

PRE-PURCHASE NOW AND GET THE "ULTIMATE FELLOWSHIP" Content Pack

Necromancer Sorcerer Costume: Bonus Fire Damage
Ranger Elf Costume: Bonus Weapon Damage
Rogue Assassin Costume: Bonus Gold
Holy Defender Costume: Bonus Defenses

Release Date: Mar 4, 2014

$59.99 | £39.99 | 39,99€ | 599 ru

MRORANGE

http://cdn4.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/213670/capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1391018047[/mg]

[b]Release Date: Mar 4, 2014[/b]

$59.99[/QUOTE]

Nice to know Steamworks wasn't gutted out for Uplay.

Derrick01

Banned

capsule_616x353.jpg

$59.99

Holy shit it's about time!

Now we need to find out it's steamworks so we can take care of that nasty $60 price. Although I would pay $60 for this game if I had to, I want it that bad.

Derrick01

Banned
Also I hope they confirm there won't be a delay for the PC version. Back when it was supposed to launch in december the PC version was not included in that date with the others. That could mean the difference between me buying it on ps3 or here, my friends are going to drive me nuts if I have to listen to them telling me how awesome it is for a week or more.

Nabs

Also I hope they confirm there won't be a delay for the PC version. Back when it was supposed to launch in december the PC version was not included in that date with the others. That could mean the difference between me buying it on ps3 or here, my friends are going to drive me nuts if I have to listen to them telling me how awesome it is for a week or more.

March 4th seems to be the date for the console versions as well.

-MD-

capsule_616x353.jpg

Ugh, $60? I mean this has been my most anticipated game since it was announced so I'll pay the extra 10 dollars but fuck.

Is it gonna force Uplay on us?

The Cowboy

Noooo!!!, I'm so conflicted.

I want the stick of truth, but I boycott all games that do these type of pre-order bonuses.

What to do, what to do :(.

Screw Ikaruga. I want Radiant Silvergun.
I already own Ikaruga 3 times.

I want Radiant Silvergun too.
But I've only bought Ikaruga once and having it on my PC would be another nail in the coffin of 360.

Hitman contracts is 1.5€ on the squenix store.
SQEXD004 for an extra 10% off. (Making it 1.35€ I think?)
(European URL, search for it yourself in the other stores)

Any EU SteamGAFer want to grab me one and I can paypal you $2 or whatever it costs.

I had no idea stick of truth was a full price game.

That license was probably costly.

Turfster

Any EU SteamGAFer want to grab me one and I can paypal you $2 or whatever it costs.

It's discounted on the US store too, I just can't link it because Squenix are cunts that use geoip to send you to a specific page.
Seriously, this geoiping shit has to stop. Give me a page with the price in my region's flavor of money, yes. Don't send me to /oranges/bananas/peaches/celery and anyone else I give the link to to /apples/ because in their store, it's apples/peaches/bananas/celery.

Derrick01

Banned
March 4th seems to be the date for the console versions as well.

Yeah it's the same for now but we all know Ubisoft's capable of delaying a game all the way up to a week or two before release. We still have a lot of time left to avoid that bullet.

Noooo!!!, I'm so conflicted.

I want the stick of truth, but I boycott all games that do these type of pre-order bonuses.

What to do, what to do :(.

Do you not buy any games then? Seems like everything has a preorder bonus.

To be fair the ones here seem like nothing more than temporary boosters for certain things, like more gold. No one here should want to use those anyway as they throw the balance of the game off.

NeoGAF. said:
I had no idea stick of truth was a full price game.

Yup it's a full 20+ hour RPG. It was never meant to be a downloadable budget title.

The Cowboy

Wow, not pre-ordering South Park regardless of the crappy pre-order bonus stuff (at least not from steam), I just looked at the price again (I thought it was dollars) - £39.99!.

Do you not buy any games then? Seems like everything has a preorder bonus.

To be fair the ones here seem like nothing more than temporary boosters for certain things, like more gold. No one here should want to use those anyway as they throw the balance of the game off.
I'm generally OK with basic pre-order bonuses (things like purely cosmetic or silly TF2 hats or a discount), but I will not pre-order anything that gives an actual bonus (in this case the costumes grant extra perks while playing).

If a game does this sort of thing, I wait until a sale happens before I buy (same with season pass games - I wait until the inevitable all in one pack)..

-MD-

I almost don't want to preorder to avoid those dlc bonuses. I don't want to make a game easier right off the bat.

capsule_616x353.jpg

I'll be more than happy to pay full price for this, as long as U-play is not mandatory: if so then...I'll still buy it...

Dambrosi

Banned
Guys, please, don't pre-order. We've been through this.
This, so much. You'll only encourage Ubi's worst instincts if you do. Just buy it day one if you want to show your love to Obsidian/Trey & Matt/both/neither.

Besides, you know Asda/KMart/[European equivalent] will have it 25% off day one just to get the punters in. Always happens with the big games.

Cheddahz

Banned
Started my new job today, it's boring (I'm a Art Gallery Attendant and I have to give tours to visitors when they show up), but I was just informed I can play my Vita when there are no visitors (which happened for the majority of the day)...sweet!

Octodad looks like it's a lot of fun, but I went and bought Xenoblade yesterday, so no games for me for a while! I hope everyone here has been doing well

Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us on Tuesday. Can't wait!

Finally!

Lain

Now, whenever someone asks for NeoGAF opinion about something, I'll tell them to PM you.

---

I haven't received anymore PMs, so I'm guessing everyone that wanted something from the EC but was without a coupon got what they wanted.
This morning I had 20 or so coupons left out of 28, now I have 10 left, which feels a lot less of a waste than it did before.

oneils

Not sure if I should post this here. But here goes.

I'm having a problem running steam in big picture mode.

I have three displays. Two monitors, and one TV. All are hooked to my video card. The monitors are connected to a 460gtx through dvi and the TV is connected through mini-hdmi.

When I want to use the TV, I use the nvidia control panel and I turn off one monitor (can only have two displays at once) and then enable the tv. Then I set the tv as the primary display.

When I turn on big picture mode I get a warning saying that steam is running in compatibility mode (its not, I have it running as administrator though) and then my tv stops becoming the primary display and big picture mode ends up on my monitor rather than on my TV.

Anyone encounter this?

Turfster

Gamefly is doing a "up to 50% off early access steam games" sale.
  • Kerbal Space Program 33% off
  • Star Lords 25% off
  • Particulars 33% off
  • Dungeon Dashers 33% off
  • Starpoint Gemini 2 50% off
  • Horizon 25% off

Extra 25% off codes:
GFDJAN25/GFDJAN25UK
FEB20OFF/UKFEB20OFF

PSA: Amazon Dark Souls keys supply dwindling fast, don't wait too long.

Dr Dogg

And Cinderella Dogg did find her his avatar as the clock struck 12 only to find out that Fake Pic February is a thing now.

Gamefly is doing a "up to 50% off early access steam games" sale.
  • Kerbal Space Program 33% off
  • Star Lords 25% off
  • Particulars 33% off
  • Dungeon Dashers 33% off
  • Starpoint Gemini 2 50% off
  • Horizon 25% off

Extra 25% off codes:
GFDJAN25/GFDJAN25UK

I will one day buy Kerbal on Steam, just when I've exhausted every thing out of the demo. Might be a while.

FloatOn

If anyone picks South Park over dark souls 2 in March we can't be friends. If you want South Park you are going to need to buy both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom