• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

What? The dodging isn't random. If an enemy require multiple taps (like Left-Right, or L-R-L) the first hits will be dodging. Other skills you can unlock I believe give you a dodge ability, and there are usually specific criteria how skills are activated
No, that's the blue guy dodging your attack. I'm talking about your guy dodging an enemy attack. It's normally a crouch under the enemy's jump kick. It slows the game down a little bit, like the super punch thing does, but it's a lot more subtle than the super punch so it's not as apparent and the slight change in timing is annoying to me. (I kinda hate the super punch for messing with the timing too.)

Phinor

Me too. Actually, my balance has been at zero for more than a month, although I'm supposed to have £2.70 on it.

Well, on my Playfire account that rewards box is now completely missing. I had it few weeks ago, although obviously it always showed £0.00 because the actual rewarding didn't work. Funnily enough, everything is tracked fine in my Playfire profile where it shows a feed of what it is tracking, it's just that none of that actually turns into rewards.

Instead of adding new rewards daily, they should add few easy achievements for few weeks (for tracking purposes) and put all their efforts into fixing their system. They just piss off more and more of their customers when new rewards are posted daily and people can't do any of that because the tracking/rewarding doesn't work.

def sim

I didn't like that you couldn't unlink your steam account without contacting their support.

I'm going to wait until the program gets out of beta. I don't mind services tracking my playing habits if I can benefit from it, but this sounds like it could be a head ache.

Arthea

I'm going to wait until the program gets out of beta. I don't mind services tracking my playing habits if I can benefit from it, but this sounds like it could be a head ache.

even if it was working properly, it's still would be headache. You see, you don't get any rewards if a game that's on reward list is one you've already played. Meaning you have to play not what you want but what they say you to play and when they do. It sounds good in theory, but it doesn't sit well with me at all, when I think about it.

What this thing with GMG or PF?

http://blog.playfire.com/2013/12/playfire-rewards-beta.html

aku:jiki

even if it was working properly, it's still would be headache. You see, you don't get any rewards if a game that's on reward list is one you've already played. Meaning you have to play not what you want but what they say you to play and when they do. It sounds good in theory, but it doesn't sit well with me at all, when I think about it.
Yeah, I was excited until I saw that and just instantly closed the tab. Turning my gaming into a job for £0.10? Fuck that...

The_Monk

Hello guys ! I'm back :)
Was a regular for a few months and ran into a very, and I mean very big money problem. For the three people that are aware of it, well, the problem didn't totally disappear but the family survived, we moved house and now is the time to save some money and be patient / pray that the problem continue to die slowly. Evidently it will not be a fun few months for purchases / humble bundles / retail games. I must admit I nearly laughed nervously when I saw Titanfall price.
Well, these few words to say I'm still good and that I missed you SteamGAF.

I'm very happy to hear from you again. As always, let me know if you ever need anything, we will be here for you. I'm just glad things are starting to get better, keep it up and stay strong. :)

def sim

Oh gosh. That wouldn't fit my "play on a whim" approach to games.

You guys have unsold me.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I used SAM for the playfire reward thing and the achievements register just fine. They threaten SAM users with bans though but I am pretty sure it's impossible to tell whether someone's using it or not

Deques

I used SAM for the playfire reward thing and the achievements register just fine. They threaten SAM users with bans though but I am pretty sure it's impossible to tell whether someone's using it or not

If an achievement takes hours to unlock and you unlock only it of all possible achievements in just a few second, how can you not tell if they used SAM or not?
Some achievements are related to other achievements. For example in Borderlands. There are a some level achievements. If you only unlock the highest one, but not the others or unlock all of these at the same time, then it's unlikely that you didn't cheat

Echoplx

Yeah, I was excited until I saw that and just instantly closed the tab. Turning my gaming into a job for £0.10? Fuck that...
Their best rewards are usually on newly released games, so if you are playing them anyway may as well get some credit... I made about $7 on South Park alone just the other day.
Well, saying that you use it is a dead giveaway, especially when a GMG rep does actually post here :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With ??? obviously being 'Call JaseC and negotiate exchange conditions'.

My Steam account for the Irish princess!

Edit:

Classic gameplay. New experience. Panzer Corps Wehrmacht is the award-winning turn-based strategy game that the press has called “…nothing short of brilliant” and “the spiritual successor to the Panzer General series”, with high rankings and praise around the world.

$19.99.

I haven't been playing my Steam games for a while (PS3 controller wire messed up on me), but I decided to use my DS4 and can play them again.

I haven't played Sleeping Dogs in a long time, and I forgot what I had to do to get Sleeping Dogs fullscreen. I remember I had this problem before, and I was able to fix it. I guess I forgot over time. To put it short. When I have Sleeping Dogs fullscreen, it just closses after 2mins in-game. When I have it windowed, it works flawlessly. Anyone know a fix? I'd rather not go the windowed fullscreen route, since my TV is notorious for image persistence (or whatever it's called).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Suddenly the thread became extremely creepy again :/

At least there aren't NSFW pics involved this time. So this is progress, I guess...

Sub Zero

If an achievement takes hours to unlock and you unlock only it of all possible achievements in just a few second, how can you not tell if they used SAM or not?
Some achievements are related to other achievements. For example in Borderlands. There are a some level achievements. If you only unlock the highest one, but not the others or unlock all of these at the same time, then it's unlikely that you didn't cheat

Obviously, but that would require checking of individual user profiles. Don't know if they track the exact time that you earn an achievement, as that could be a way to tell if someone's "cheating". Still there's no way they can claim that you're using third party software to unlock achievements

def sim

I haven't been playing my Steam games for a while (PS3 controller wire messed up on me), but I decided to use my DS4 and can play them again.

I haven't played Sleeping Dogs in a long time, and I forgot what I had to do to get Sleeping Dogs fullscreen. I remember I had this problem before, and I was able to fix it. I guess I forgot over time. To put it short. When I have Sleeping Dogs fullscreen, it just closses after 2mins in-game. When I have it windowed, it works flawlessly. Anyone know a fix? I'd rather not go the windowed fullscreen route, since my TV is notorious for image persistence (or whatever it's called).

Borderless windowed, maybe?

Arthea

Obviously, but that would require checking of individual user profiles. Don't know if they track the exact time that you earn an achievement, as that could be a way to tell if someone's "cheating". Still there's no way they can claim that you're using third party software to unlock achievements

They don't have to prove anything, it's not like signing for beta is legal document, they can just ban you if any suspicions are aroused and there is nothing you can do about it.
just reminding

Deques

I have been doing achievement tracking for a while now, and there is a way to get the unlock time for each achievement. It doesn't matter if you used a third party software to unlock achievements, if the unlocking to time is suspicious then you are banned.

And also the PlayFire team have said that they control the users to see if they have cheated or not.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This thread right now:

iYsM2NcGPiyoV.gif

Caerith

If you're offline and earn a bunch of achievements, then come back online, don't they all unlock at the same time? I think their "we'll totally ban you" claim is just posturing.

This thread right now:

iYsM2NcGPiyoV.gif

What happened to that dog's face?

Aerocrane

Sleeping Dogs seems to have weird issues appearing suddenly. I had the game just suddenly crash consistently after loading any cutscene even though the game had worked just fine for the past 20 hours I had played.. You should try verifying the integrity of the game's files on Steam. If that doesn't work try the software that thrillho linked to run the game in a borderless window.

KarmaCow

but you can... I remember that I linked my accounts at some point, can't say I remember process itself, sorry about that.

You linked an existing Playfire account to another existing GMG account? I asked their support about it and got a generic "we can't do this at this time" response.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, I'm quite timid IRL, wouldn't dream of doing anything nasty with real, actual people.
Besides, JaseC is way more worthy of her.

<3

If you're offline and earn a bunch of achievements, then come back online, don't they all unlock at the same time? I think their "we'll totally ban you" claim is just posturing.

Nah, games that support offline achievements make note of the time so it carries over when you go back online. Most of my Darksiders 2 achievements were earned while offline and they all have different unlock times (well, save for end boss and game completion difficulty ones, which are interlinked).

Edit: Ubisoft got back to me about my Settlers 7 issue and just said I should request a refund. Blah.

Dambrosi

Banned
Dude, all I know is, if I were gaming the system for free credit like this, I wouldn't be talking to GAF about it, especially not in a thread which GMG reps are known to frequent, even if the chances of getting caught were so slim. Silence is golden, friend.

Though I guess that's why it's called a beta. They still have the opportunity to fix exploits like this.

Plus, they'll just wipe everyone's GMG credit at the end of the beta anyway, right?

Baha

If anybody here is having problems with playfire not tracking rewards or even transferring credit to GMG, please read the following: https://playfire.zendesk.com/entries/41862466-What-should-I-do-if-I-haven-t-got-my-Playfire-Rewards-

I've sent a support ticket with the info they requested on that page:
Playfire Username & Email:
GMG Username: & Email:
Steam Custom URL:
What rewards you are missing:
Screenshot of your Rewards page from this link: https://www.playfire.com/a/rewards

And within 24 hrs (on a weekday) they added the missing rewards and transferred the credit to GMG. It's worth a shot especially if you have a ton of rewards missing. You can check older blog posts if you need help finding which rewards are missing.

Sleeping Dogs seems to have weird issues appearing suddenly. I had the game just suddenly crash consistently after loading any cutscene even though the game had worked just fine for the past 20 hours I had played.. You should try verifying the integrity of the game's files on Steam. If that doesn't work try the software that thrillho linked to run the game in a borderless window.

Thanks, I'll try it out.

Sub Zero

Dude, all I know is, if I were gaming the system for free credit like this, I wouldn't be talking to GAF about it, especially not in a thread which GMG reps are known to frequent, even if the chances of getting caught were so slim. Silence is golden, friend.

Though I guess that's why it's called a beta. They still have the opportunity to fix exploits like this.

Well it's impossible for them to catch me since they don't know my GMG account. And to be honest I didn't really use it to cheat, just unlock some bugged achievements that they wouldn't give me credit for or reset the ones that I've already earned

Arthea

You linked an existing Playfire account to another existing GMG account? I asked their support about it and a got a generic "we can't do this at this time" response.

That's strange, I'm sure I linked them... but if they say it's impossible, I'm confusing it with something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom