• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Oh wow, Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge has music by Jake 'virt' Kaufman.

People, if you haven't bought the game, and like good music, get it.

Or you can just listen to it here: http://virt.bandcamp.com/album/ultionus-a-soundtrack-of-petty-revenge

Steam forums on RE4...

qjt89tE.png

He doesn't have that icon by his username. Guess he doesn't own it.

Grief.exe

SteamGAF, I need your help.

I'm looking for a high-resolution image of the KOTOR II logo for my PC cases[/url]. I need it cut out, no background, in .png format.

KOTOR-TSL-Logo.png

He doesn't have that icon by his username. Guess he doesn't own it.

It seems like the pirating percentage is somewhat high for this game. Many of the people complaining do not have that symbol.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Steam forums on RE4...

qjt89tE.png
His complaint of lack of autosave killed me

And :lol, he doesn't even own it.

EDIT: shame the topic is already locked, would've loved to pile on him

fantomena

Not sure if used or not, but here you go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Death Finger Punch -- MB-2062EC8955BF8064 - Taken by morningbus

Garcia

SteamSoulsGAF, just sharing more info that will make your wait totally worth it. I've been clocking the loading times on the PS3 version when you warp between areas:

Lowest: 15 sec.
Highest: 28 sec.

When you are summoned:

Lowest: 18 sec.
Highest: 31 sec.

I'm seriously eager to play the Steam version of the game. I miss the almost non-existent PC loading times. :'(

JustinBB7

SteamSoulsGAF, just sharing more info that will make your wait totally worth it. I've been clocking the loading times on the PS3 version when you warp between areas:

Lowest: 15 sec.
Highest: 28 sec.

When you are summoned:

Lowest: 18 sec.
Highest: 31 sec.

I'm seriously eager to play the Steam version of the game. I miss the almost non-existent PC loading times. :'(

lol consoles.

I already get annoyed by the 2/3 seconds loading times in south park when I enter a building. 15 seconds to warp..jesus.

kevin1025

Banned
Yay, I just beat Oniken.

It's 99% pure NES (an Eagle Eye will catch a cheat or two in the graphics (and maybe the music)).

Challenge was good, yet not "cheap." There's a spot or two where projectile spam can be irritating but even in those instances, it was because I rushed in somewheres (and you can sword away almost all projectiles anyway).

There's some extra stuff that opens up once you beat it, I'll get to that soon.

Speed attack achievements tho. >_<

I went in thinking it was going to be a Contra clone, but the reality is that it's more akin to some of the under the radar NES Japanese action games ala Power Blade, Shatterhand and Vice: Project Doom. There's some Ninja Gaiden in there too, for people that need an easy to digest reference, although it really is closer to the other three I mentioned.

I knew nothing about this game other than a few mentions recently. Your impressions got me to look it up and holy hell, this one's at the top of the wishlist now, above even Dark Souls II. Can't wait to buy it.

DocSeuss

So apparently, my determination to survive as detailed in my give away gave someone here the boost they needed to go find a job--apparently they've been jobless for two years--annnnnnd said person just got a job.

My day's off to a great start.

This is why you give games to people. They can literally change lives.

Demon's Souls loading times are even worse. PC gaming spoiled me, I didn't notice it that much before.

This is depressing. :(

But look at all those hearts! Clearly, they love the game a LOT

Tizoc

I just started The Swapper
Liking it so far but...it's kinda creeping me out ^^;
Does the game have monsters or is just all puzzles and the like?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just started The Swapper
Liking it so far but...it's kinda creeping me out ^^;
Does the game have monsters or is just all puzzles and the like?

Answer to your question:
It's all puzzles, there are no combat or monster segments. There are plot segments where you interact with others, but not in a combat or danger context.

Wonder what's up with Steam Universe. Save for the streaming everthing has slowed down to a crawl. There's been nothing substantial for a month maybe.

Tizoc

@stump- Thanks for the info, creepy atmosphere though, got a room which I'm stuck in will leave it and look elsewhere then get back.
I might actually finish the badge for this game just because it's so small.

Evrain

Just read about how DSII punishes repeated deaths by cutting max health down to 50%... either they are making human effigies to be particularly common drops or they're taking the difficulty thing a tad too far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom