• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just read about how DSII punishes repeated deaths by cutting max health down to 50%... either they are making human effigies to be particularly common drops or they're taking the difficulty thing a tad too far...

You clearly have never played Demon's Souls. In Demon's Souls it was an immediate 50% drop after every death. It's 10% per death up to 50% of total health. There's a ring early on to mitigate it to 5% and 75% of total.

Grief.exe

Just read about how DSII punishes repeated deaths by cutting max health down to 50%... either they are making human effigies to be particularly common drops or they're taking the difficulty thing a tad too far...

It seems to be balanced by enemies despawning after a certain amount of kills. If you are having trouble, you will still be able to get through an area.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A vote against Rayman Legends because because floaty Euro-physics need to be fought at every opportunity.

Brother's by a country mile, game is a must play.

No. It's pretty much a complete waste of 3 hours.

Oh man, do I use my card money on Brothers, Gunpoint or Papers Please?

Anything but Brothers.
Chose the more interesting of the other two. Or flip a coin.

So guys, Rayman Legends, LEGO Marvel or XCOM: EW?

Only have monies for one.

All are supposed to be good. I've only played Rayman Legends and I'm currently in a hate/hate relationship with it because I'm playing it on Vita and it's fucking terrible when it comes to the Murfy levels and the "daily challenge diamond cup" trophy.

jediyoshi

Too lazy to make a thread, but 11 bit studios (anomaly devs) announced their new game, This War of Mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH_tYB_Ntlg&hd=1

This War Of Mine provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle. For the very first time you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout. At night you get a chance to scavenge nearby locations for items that will help you stay alive.

Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them to endure the hardships. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.

http://www.thiswarofmine.com

Evrain

You clearly have never played Demon's Souls. In Demon's Souls it was an immediate 50% drop after every death. It's 10% per death up to 50% of total health. There's a ring early on to mitigate it to 5% and 75% of total.
Indeed true, as I've never owned a PS3. Just read about its severe death handicaps.

It seems to be balanced by enemies despawning after a certain amount of kills. If you are having trouble, you will still be able to get through an area.
Sounds a bit more fair, although that removes most of the farming aspect that helped me through Undead Burg and Undead Parish. Point is, I got slain countless times by the Belfry Gargoyles, can't even imagine how it would've been fighting them at half health!

Zeeman

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thought I was the only one no too fond of its controls.

It's another thing I'll always hold a grudge against Sony for. The original Playstation popularized that style of physics and convinced an entire generation that platformers are this loose, tepid genre of mediocrity.

Grief.exe

Made a cover for Stalker

iE5eMv3NtNtWj.jpg

Aerocrane

Hmm, I was inclined towards Brothers because that's the cheapest I recall seeing it, while Gunpoint was cheaper during the Winter Sale. Now I'm unsure. Of course, now watch all these games end up in Humble Bundle 12 or something.

If you haven't bought either of them yet, I can give you a gift copy of Gunpoint that has been in my inventory for a while.
Just add me on steam and send me a message: http://steamcommunity.com/id/aerocrane

Wok

Man I am the absolute worst Spelunky player ever. 37 hours. I fought Olmec once.
(and I died obviously)
edit: 9 out of 10 times I don't even reach the third area, or second for that matter.

The game clicked at some point around the 40th hour for me.

kevin1025

Banned
Rayman Legends is a wonderful game! My one gripe was during some of the crazier levels, I was completely off the screen making jumps and such and blind luck got me through. Other times, when sticking on the screen, it was nearly impossible. But otherwise, really, really fun!

Incorrect!

The game clicked at some point around the 40th hour for me.

It becomes an entirely different animal when you start going for the speedlunky or low score trophies too. I can't stop trying for them and it's changed my ability to play.

Rayman Legends is an AMAZING platformer with superb art, sound and gameplay.

Origins was AMAZING. Legends is good, but that's a partial assumption based on my experience with the Vita version and imagining that I'm controlling the player character and not Murfy in those accursed touch levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom