• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohoXD123

IMG-20140309-WA0002.jpg

oh god my steam budget

Meh, just a scratch.

Salsa

im kinda terrified of finding out how that happened. got drunk like a teenager, what an asshole

maybe I stopped a bullet with it and saved someone's life tho, certainly looks like that

anyway, now that im done with South Park I guess i'll finish Rising.

The_Monk

Dear sir, how can you not have your hype train dashed by the revelations of the downgrade comparisons? The lack of information about the PC version combined with the comparisons of what has been done to the console versions has killed my hype to the point where I've now cancelled my preorder for the game (and it was once at the level of importing the black armour edition from the UK).

Dear sir corrosivefrost ( :p ) Dark Souls 2 was the game I was going to get in March. Due to strong budgeting that I have been doing for the past years, all my choices regarding gaming must be taken wisely. I did not purchase a game in the last months because I was going to get this one. Now it was delayed for April and I might get it only in the first week of May (International delivery time). This messed up all my budget for these months so right now I'm checking on what to invest and what to skip.

I already said "no" to Thief, South Park, Titanfall and a couple of others from all the platforms I own. I have 2-3 games on my radar right now and Dark Souls II is still pre-ordered. As you can see I'm a brave knight with with a brave soul hoping for the best. I need this game. I already said no to some to say yes to this one...!

Garcia

Gross. As if the downgrade wasn't a reason enough to bail in the first place. I fully support your idea of bailing; I've put in a refund request for my pre-purchase of Dark Souls II from GMG at this point. I can re-buy it if my fears are unfounded at a later point in time.

I'm glad you did. I won't be pre-ordering the PC version. I'll wait until there's a certainty that it won't be nearly as bad as the console version.

I'm sure the long loading times are a game design choice, FROM wants to test your patience and only true hardcore gamers will endure these loading times.

LOL ! :D

Salsa

So, we hemmed and hawed, and made a Super Important Executive Decision. This update is to let everyone know that Shovel Knight will be missing March 31 by a few weeks to make sure it’s a world class experience, and can release on all platforms simultaneously.

god dammit

T-Matt

Hope I did this correctly.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- MB-3966929828F61551 - Taken by jonno394
Mirror's Edge -- MB-DF7B7378B5593BBC - Taken by 8 X 11 Printer Paper
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-06386E10E7360FB8 - Taken by kevin1025
Medal of Honor -- MB-100B549FA9F648F3 - Taken by jmizzal
Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-CCC4A61EEB2D691F - Taken by Darth Kupi
Arkham City GOTY -- MB-63F7FBE43B1B8979 - Taken by dot
Crysis 2 -- MB-965ABDD01E4068CC - Taken by Godofnerdiness
Magicka -- MB-F0FD003366145E11 - Taken by zeroOman

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Civ 5's Brave New World expansion is 75% off for the next 21 hours.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/235580/
civ_5_brave_new_world_expnsn_announced_bnr.jpg

Which leads me to the question: How much better is BNW than Gods & Kings? I just started playing Civ 5 about a week ago and I am loving it. I have the G&K expansion and I think it's great. Would I like BNW even more? I'm kind of hesitant to buy it since I'm so new to the game, I'm wondering if I should spend more time getting used to the expansion I already own rather than diving into a brand new one so soon.

I'd say having both Gods & Kings and Brave New World is optimal. Gods & Kings applies to the early and mid game, then religion largely falls off as an important relationship modifier with other Civs. Espionage is only useful depending on the difficulty you're playing on. If you're not playing on 5 and up then you're largely just using spies to rig City-State relations as you'll generally be more technologically advanced than the A.I. Civs. On the higher difficulty levels you'll need espionage to cherry pick techs off of the other Civs. Brave New World applies more to the mid and late game with game spanning political events (the world congress) and then improved/expanded late game ideologies which become the late game relationship modifiers. Brave New Worlds trading can be accessed fairly early game and that can be an important modifier with other Civs in the early game.

Really all Brave New World and Gods & Kings do is improve on various facets of the game and add new depth that wasn't present in Civ V vanilla. Plus you get some of the most interesting Civs, I think, added to the game. Venice can't make settlers, you can use great merchants to buy City-States or go the more traditional route and conquer your neighbours. The Shoshone have massive territory bonuses when they settle a city, think Tradition policy track huge, so you can be aggressive with your expansions, grab lots of land and resources before your neighbours can. Poland and Brazil are highly geared towards Cultural victories, there's a lot of interesting and varied playstyles in BNW new Civs.

I'm sitting at 810 hours in Civ V, so I guess I'm kinda biased when I say you should buy BNW.

Nabs

it's alright but ever since that last email exchange with them i've been craving it baaaaad

game is gonna be awesome

I hope so. I've been worried about them rushing it since the beginning, so I'm glad they are taking their time to polish it up.

Salsa

I wonder if the 3DS shtick is more rewarding to you than the he's a gurl one you pricks

Why would anyone buy a full price game on the eShop? Or will it be cheaper and digital only?

MSRP appears to be $30

still debating it tbh, also cant get retail here breh

I wonder if the 3DS shtick is more rewarding to you than the he's a gurl one you pricks

MSRP appears to be $30

still debating it tbh, also cant get retail here breh

For me it is, because I wasn't around for the "he's a gurl" stuff... I've seen it mentioned, but I don't know the source of it all. :p

Salsa

Mercenary Kings comes out (of early access) on the 25th

arcade stick ready

hope it's more diverse, got bored of the alpha/beta pretty quickly

Salsa

$6.67 on the wallet right now.. think i'll sell some cards and buy the stanley parable. keep waiting on it to hit $5 but I know that if I buy it i'll play it right now

Mozendo

So my friend gifted me Tomb Raider 2013 because it's on sale.
As soon as I started the game I went straight into multiplayer since I wanted to test it out, seems it's dead which is a shame so I dabbled with singleplayer.

My only complain are the QTE cutscenes which have happened frequently so far.

But I just had to stop playing when this occurred

Grief.exe

As soon as I started the game I went straight into multiplayer since I wanted to test it out, seems it's dead which is a shame so I dabbled with singleplayer.

9EYMZL0.jpg

Black Face

I'd say there's a streaming error going on there, that looks like the spec map, or you potentially need to update your graphics card drivers.

Mozendo

Black Face

Lara going blackface? Not cool Square-Enix.

EDIT: Damn it, Grief.

I was laughing uncontrollably when the cutscene started.
Ruined the immersion though

I'd say there's a streaming error going on there, that looks like the spec map, or you potentially need to update your graphics card drivers.

Drivers are up to date.Next time I launch the game I'll try turning some settings down.
This is the only game where my 8800 GT has shown issues. Oh well I'm getting a 770 early next month.

Jackiewtf.jpg
Is the multiplayer bad? ;_;

Mission 3 and 4 speed runs done in Oniken.

I don't have the constitution to attempt Mission 5 yet, I'm sure it's the worst one as well.

But hey, if I pull the next two off, all I have left is Boss Rush and Hardcore Mode.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why would anyone buy a full price game on the eShop? Or will it be cheaper and digital only?
Because they live in a shithole of a country, like me, where the few retail games that are available have some outrageous prices. I refuse to pay 50% extra or more per game just to have a box, printed manual, game cart and the guarantee that I'll be able to play the game on any other 3DS besides my current one (the fact that I have to mention the last point speaks volumes of Nintendo's incredibly shitty account system).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
idk man I like the beaches

oh right you mean argentina

then, yeah

ooooooooooooooooo
I'll never get tired of saying it: the only thing you guys have is the Reina Africana dessert. And maybe chivitos too, but nothing else!

Uruguayan Truco is the worst game mankind ever created. Even worse than Big Rigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom