• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Do foils now negate any cards that are to come after it? Resident Evil 4 has 4 drops but after I got a foil it shows none remaining. Actually, other games show "No card drops remaining", this one is just blank now.

EDIT: False alarm, after a restart I instantly got another card. Must have just slowed the card drop timing down some.

Parsnip

Ooof, time to unsub from the DkS2 downgrade thread. It's just too full of crazy people repeating same things over and over again.

Hey so Panzer Corps got released on Steam today, the only reason why I think that's notable is because it's published by Slitherine. Hopefully this means more of the games they publish will be released on Steam, specifically Pandora: First Contact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kShb7IycKFo

Panzer Corps is an outstanding turn based strategy game that people should play if they like anything turn based or strategic. It's Panzer General 2, but modernized. Buy it.

derExperte

Because they live in a shithole of a country, like me, where the few retail games that are available have some outrageous prices. I refuse to pay 50% extra or more per game just to have a box, printed manual, game cart and the guarantee that I'll be able to play the game on any other 3DS besides my current one (the fact that I have to mention the last point speaks volumes of Nintendo's incredibly shitty account system).

Do like Adam Orth does and don't live there!

But Nintendo and the terrible handling of their online stuff would make paying more almost worth it for me. Also couldn't you then sell the retail games (if available) later for higher prices too (if not collecting)? Or is the used market shite as well?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just got done playing all stages in Castlevania Lords of Shadow thanks to my brother's account on family sharing.

I'll start with the biggest negative: the DLC boss was the textbook unfun garbage fight where the devs make you fight in the worst way possible while denying you the game's own systems. He's impossible to combo, which renders the magic system useless since you can't gather orbs. Almost all weak points require aerial attacks while Gabriel has nearly zero aerial crap he can do. Unnecessarily bloated HP bar and many "forms", with the boss getting faster and faster while doing pretty much the same shit. The boss' moveset actually isn't all that bad by itself and maybe it could be a fun fight if I was playing with Bayonetta instead, but here all it did was make me want to play something else.

I gave it a chance for a while yesterday and today I decided to just put the game on easy to get it over with (which leaves me one stage away from the Gest achievement but whatever). It still wasn't enough to end it all on a sour note for me, but it's a shame because
Satan
was actually a cool proper final boss, and the DLC started very well too. I really liked what they did with
Laura
. I'll just try to ignore the second DLC when I think about the game.

Anyway, overall I enjoyed LoS and it always had enough to keep me coming back. A few annoying puzzles and the mechanically poor and boring
Titan
fights aside, the game does a good job on being a fun action game with upgrades. My biggest problem at first is that it felt quite unoriginal. In the first couple of chapters I would always think "they aped this from GoW", "they got that from SotC but couldn't make it decent", and so on, but by the end of chapter 3 it starts finding its own identity and brings many interesting highs, even though some of them are stuck between lulls. The game looks great too, well done visuals.

In the end I leave satisfied with the experience and I'm curious about LoS2, even though the reception seems pretty negative. It would be cool if they ported the console version of Mirror of Fate sometime this year.

I don't even think I was able to get into a multiplayer game for Tomb Raider. I wanted to try it out, but either there was not that many people playing or the game got stuck on the loading screen.

it probably doesnt

It looks like that is the case according to some impressions.

Edit: Does anyone know if The Wolf Among Us uses Steam Cloud for save games? I noticed that it saves something to the cloud, but not sure if it's just settings.

Pudge

I know some of you have seen this, but new Binding of Isaac Rebirth gifs

Sily smooth and no longer shackled to flash.

eC7oVN1.gif
1QPbDbu.gif

I've been against them changing up the artstyle to a more "retro" theme since they announced it, but they showed me. That looks great. I don't know what I was thinking.

I don't even think I was able to get into a multiplayer game for Tomb Raider. I wanted to try it out, but either there was not that many people playing or the game got stuck on the loading screen.

I tried to play that a week after launch day and couldn't get into a game, so I doubt there are any games running now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any news on the dark souls conversion from gfwl front?

Arthea

in Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae enemies started to do all kind of cool attacks too. It would make some awesome gifs, but that would mean working. Oh well, I took some screens instead, not that they look any like a game in motion lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the problem? I'm not familiar with your plight in this case, sir.

I misread the app id that the Settlers 7 DLC pack requires and it's impossible for me to activate the gift as Paths to a Kingdom was replaced with Paths to a Kingdom Gold. I contacted Ubi a few weeks ago explaining the situation, showing that I already owned the latter and needed a key for the former, but it seems I'm not getting anywhere.

Edit: Does anyone know if The Wolf Among Us uses Steam Cloud for save games? I noticed that it saves something to the cloud, but not sure if it's just settings.

Steam Cloud backs up everything in My Documents\Telltale Games\The Wolf Among Us. As for whether or not that includes saves, I've no idea. Presumably it does.

MNC

So my friend gifted me Tomb Raider 2013 because it's on sale.
As soon as I started the game I went straight into multiplayer since I wanted to test it out, seems it's dead which is a shame so I dabbled with singleplayer.

My only complain are the QTE cutscenes which have happened frequently so far.

But I just had to stop playing when this occurred
blackface in 2014 cmon son

I support Sinterklaas, though.

Arthea

So, I'm working 13+ hours a day and when I come back home Steam welcomes me being down?

BRB downloading Origin

I actually could do just that, play something on origin or even uplay *shivers*
oh who I'm kidding, I'll just wait for steam come back to life

Steam went down for a couple seconds for me and when it came back up, I had 2 items in my inventory. 2 Pixel Piracy -25% coupons. Doesn't stack with other discounts...

EDIT: Wait, it's 33% off right now. lol

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Do like Adam Orth does and don't live there!

But Nintendo and the terrible handling of their online stuff would make paying more almost worth it for me. Also couldn't you then sell the retail games (if available) later for higher prices too (if not collecting)? Or is the used market shite as well?
No idea about the local used market, but I don't want to sell my stuff, so that's not an option. And I know buying digitally from Nintendo is a big risk, but it's one I'm willing to take for the sake of lower prices.

On an unrelated note, I love how Steam thinks my internet is the problem whenever the service is down. "It appears that you are not currently connected to the Internet, or that your Internet connection is not configured correctly for Steam". Not even once does it mention that maybe, just maybe the service could be down. Which is happening a whole damn lot lately, and that sucks.

I love Steam as much as the next person who puts a fairly large investment into it, but the rate at which it's been going down lately is pretty... what's the word?

Uncool. Yeah, uncool.

Getting rekt one minute to rekkin ya'all in CS:GO while making crate money, only to have the whole thing thing go down when I've got limited time really sucks. Though, I can always quit my job...

Copons

I got a BSOD while playing Alice: Madness Returns and has to restart my laptop. Then came the Windows Updates that restarted my laptop 3 more times.

-_-

I got 2 BSOD earlier, just right after booting the PC for the first time tonight.
I didn't even know there were BSOD on Win8.1 :'(

Also, after all these times I've input my Steam password I sure hope the BSOD were caused by a keylogger, because at least it served a purpose. :'(

So, finally finished Dark Souls for the first time. Loved the game, unlike Demon's Souls. played most of it with a friend either helping me when necessary while playing it, or jolly cooperation, which one could argue that i didn't experience the game properly, but i still loved playing it.
The mechanics, the lore, the art-style, practically everything in this game is amazing.

Only had one problem at the end. it seems there is a bug with the game videos and borderless fullscreen, that made the game crash and corrupt my save, so i had to use a backup i did earlier today.
Can't wait for the steamworks patch.

its coming tomorrow

Joking, right?

I've been against them changing up the artstyle to a more "retro" theme since they announced it, but they showed me. That looks great. I don't know what I was thinking.

I tried to play that a week after launch day and couldn't get into a game, so I doubt there are any games running now.

It's pretty close to the original style, isn't it?
I remember some of the options they were exploring were radically different. I can't really see the differences comparing those GIFs with my memory of playing the game.

It couldn't be worse than Uncharted's multiplayer, I'd wager.

Pachimari

Why is it, that I have a "savedgames" folder in my "Documents library"? Where can I choose a drive/folder for my savegames manually?

I have looked in Steam settings and there's nothing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So, finally finished Dark Souls for the first time. Loved the game, unlike Demon's Souls. played most of it with a friend either helping me when necessary while playing it, or jolly cooperation, which one could argue that i didn't experience the game properly, but i still loved playing it.
The mechanics, the lore, the art-style, practically everything in this game is amazing.

Only had one problem at the end. it seems there is a bug with the game videos and borderless fullscreen, that made the game crash and corrupt my save, so i had to use a backup i did earlier today.
No one can argue you didn't experience it properly. No one.

No one can argue you didn't experience it properly. No one.
nah, i meant that i didn't have that feel of exploring by myself, discovering things, that kind of stuff. I don't really think i experienced it wrong, but i could understand that point of view.

EDIT: maybe it's just me being crazy(or my lack of full knowledge of the english language), but maybe you mean exactly that, that it's a fact i didn't experience it properly? i'm confused D:

Wok

Introducing a bundle of love for Brandon Boyer, with more than 30 indie games (and counting) just for you!

Humble Bundle has teamed with independent developers to put together a bundle like no other. To help support this cause, pay at least $25 to receive a ton of games and all proceeds will go directly to the Brandon Boyer Cancer Treatment Relief fund. In addition to Brandon’s medical bills for cancer treatment, the excess funds from this promotion will be donated to a select cancer research organization.

New humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/product/brandonboyer_widget/Bdh7SGsu8Ewj

$25 for
  • Actual Sunlight
  • AirMech
  • Auralux
  • Bagfull of Wrong
  • BitTrip Beat Soundtrack
  • BitTrip Fate Soundtrack
  • BitTrip Runner Soundtrack
  • Blocks That Matter + Soundtrack
  • Castles in the Sky + Soundtrack
  • Dynamite Jack
  • Ensnare Soundtrack
  • Ethan: Meteor Hunter
  • Fancy Skulls
  • God of Blades + Soundtrack
  • Goscurry + Soundtrack
  • Mazing
  • McPixel + Soundtrack
  • Paragon
  • POP: Methodology Experiment One + Soundtrack
  • Proteus
  • QbQbQb
  • Quixotica Soundtrack
  • Sepulchre Special Edition with eBook + Soundtrack
  • Shipwreck
  • Sokobond
  • Stacking + Soundtrack
  • Thomas Was Alone + Soundtrack
  • VVVVVV + Soundtrack
  • Waking Mars + Soundtrack
  • Warp Juggler
  • Wizorb + Soundtrack
  • World of Goo + Soundtrack

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

For valid reasoning.

Introducing a bundle of love for Brandon Boyer, with more than 30 indie games (and counting) just for you!

Humble Bundle has teamed with independent developers to put together a bundle like no other. To help support this cause, pay at least $25 to receive a ton of games and all proceeds will go directly to the Brandon Boyer Cancer Treatment Relief fund. In addition to Brandon’s medical bills for cancer treatment, the excess funds from this promotion will be donated to a select cancer research organization.

Also it seems more games will be added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom